BSE:532212 | NSE:ARCHIESEQ | 58888:argg | IND:Retail - Speciality | ISIN code:INE731A01020 | SECT:Retail
The Company History page lists out the major events in chronological order for Archies Ltd.
|Company History - Archies Ltd.|
- Archies Greetings & Gifts Pvt. Ltd. was incorporated on 22nd May, and took over the partnership firm. The Company was converted into a Public Limited Company. Subsequently a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued on 7th April, 1995.
- The company is currently engaged in the manufacture and trading of wide range of cards, stationery and gift items. The company manufactures about three lakh cards a day.
- The company entered into a technical collaboration with American Greetings Corp., USA for designs. The items were sold under the brand name of "Paper Rose".
- Archies also entered into a technical collaboration agreement with Gibson Greetings Inc., USA for production and marketing of their designs under the brand name "Fine Expressions".
- Archies has a licence from Helpage India, and institution that cares for the less previleged and elderly people and the company creates an exclusive range of greeting cards in the name of Helpage India.
- The Company designed one or more concept for sending greeting cards called "Forgiveness Day". The installation of some new state-of-the-art machines, increase in the number of galleries and general growth in greeting card industry enabled the company to increase its turnover and consequently its profitability.
- The company diversified into music industry and launched two cassettes `Listen to my heart' an instrumental cassette in February 1997, on the occasion of Valentine's day and "Volume of Love", the collection of Hindi pop songs in May 1997.
- The Company undertook to release one more album "Ae Mere Vatan" to commemorate the 50th year of independence day.
- 21,04,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each issued, subscribed and paid-up. 11,46,000 No. of equity shares were issued at a prem. of Rs 60 per share in May, of which 90,000 shares were issued and allotted to promoters, directors on a firm allotment basis.
- Of the remaining 56,000 shares were reserved for allotment on a preferential basis to employees of the company (only 8,600 shares taken up). Balance 10,00,000 shares along with 47,400 shares and taken up by employees issued to the public. Additional 3,700 shares allotted to round off.
- The Company made a foray into a new venture-Music and a separate division. The division released 10 high quality recordings which were well received in the market. The Company automated its production process with the latest machines. Twenty nine outlets were established during the year.
- 76 franchisees were added and as at 31st March, 1999 there were 386 Franchisees.
- The Company appointed distributors in USA, UK and Canada. Besides the company has 14 franchisees outside India.
- The company undertook to develop inhouse scanning facilities and install automatic envelope making machinery, insert-pasting machinery, automatic greeting card folding machine, fully computerised paper cutting machine, card packing machine and five colour offset printing machine.
- The Company came out with a novel concept of Vision 2000 stores which would be committed to Archies with 85% of shelf space. Moreover the stores being bigger, would provide perfect ambience for shopping with new consumer friendly furniture and fixtures of international quality.
- Also, a very innovative system of recorder ticketing was introduced for effective inventory control. Two such stores, one at Nagpur and the other at Delhi were opened.
- The Company recently introduced cards in Indian language such as Marathi cards for Sankranthi, Gurumukhi cards for Baisakhi and for Khalsa Tricentenary celebrations.
- The Company also introduced advertising campaign showing people a million ways to celebrate in the millennium and to make their occasions extra-special with cards and gifts from the company.
- To further strengthen the position in its core business, the company entered into a tie-up, with Portal Publication USA for their exquisite range of cards, posters & streamers including the best selling cards of Anne Geddes, the world renowned photographer.
- New Delhi-based Archies Greetings & Gifts Ltd (AG&G), has tied up with Kingsley of UK to launch the `Kingsley' brand of greeting cards in India.
- Archies Greetings is a leader in the greeting cards segment. Besides, it manufactures stationery and other gifts.
- Archies went public in 1996 with an issue of 10.56 lakh equity shares at a premium of Rs 60 per share totalling Rs 7.40 crore. Of the company's Rs 3.25 crore post-issue equity, 67.51 per cent shares are held by the Moolchandanis, 7 to 9 per cent by domestic funds and the balance is with the public.
- Archies Greetings and Gifts announced a 1:1 bonus for its shareholders on an equity base of Rs 3.25 crore.
- Recently, Archies has introduced its millennium 2000 and vernacular cards in Marathi, Sankranti and Gurumukhi.
- Archies Greetings & Gifts Ltd (AGGL), a Delhi-based company engaged in the greeting cards and gifts business, has recently test launched its range of perfumes and deodorants for men and women and also room fresheners as brand extensions in the gifts business.
- The New-Delhi-based Archies Greetings & Gifts (AG&G) is set to commence valuing the `Archies' brand.
- The Company has launched a new range of greeting cards which are in Hindi. It has introduced a total of 45 designs.
- On the occasion of Ram Navami, Archies Music, a division of Archies Greetings and Gifts Ltd. has introduced Ram-Ramaiya, a soulful rendition of Ram Bhajans.
- Archies has introduced an attractive range of cards to celebrate Easter.
- Archies Greeting and Gifts has launched a wide range of special cards, gifts and posters on the occasion of Father's Day on 18th June.
- The Company has launched Sports Deodorant, in two variants, Boyz Sports and Gals Sports. - The Company has launched e-cards for the forthcoming festivals of Navroz and Ganesh Chaturthi. - Archies Greetings and Gifts Ltd. in a tie-up with Tera Jadoo Chal Gaya, has introduced a range of merchandise featuring the film's stars, Abhishek Bachchan and Kirti Reddy. - Archies Greetings & Gifts is all set to launch its new product "Third party gift" through archiesonline.com from September 16.
- The Company has launched a new range of cards on the occasion of Bijoy or Durga Puja and Vijaya Dasmi in the South.
- Archies Parfum, a division of Archies Greetings & Gifts Ltd., has introduced a three-in-one gift pack for Diwali.
- ARCHIESONLINE.COM a 100 per subsidiary of Archies Greetings & Gifts Ltd (AG&G Ltd) has launched a unique gift package for the cyber crazy friends.
- Archies Parfun, a division of Archies Greetings and Gifts Ltd. has introduced a `Twin Christmas Surprise' pack.
- Archies Music, the music division of Archies Greetings & Gifts Ltd, has launched two albums of Christmas Carols. The Joy of X'Mas and The Magic of Christmas.
- Archies Greetings and Gifts Ltd. has introduced a range of cards, gifts and e-cards on archiesonline.com for Valentine's Day.
- Archies Greetings and Gifts Lts. has introduced a range of cards on the occasion of Women's Day, It has introduced eight card designs and 10 e-cards.
- The Company has introduced a range of cards and e-cards to celebrate Easter on April 15.
-Archies Greetings & Gifts Ltd has informed BSE that the Company has tied-up with the following parties for the sale of their products through its franchise network:
Cadbury India Ltd for sale of their chocolates and other products.Taneja Mines Pvt. Ltd for the sale of their Divinity range of products.
-The company has unveiled a new range of HelpAge cards, calendars and other stationery.
-shareholders have approved to delist equity shares from Pune, Madras, Calcutta, Delhi, Ahmedabad and Jaipur Stock Exchanges.
-Archies Limited has informed that the equity shares of the Company have been voluntary delisted from the Jaipur Stock Excange Ltd. w.e.f. November 29, 2003 and The Stock Exchange, Ahmedabad w.e.f. January 15, 2004.
-Archies Limited has informed that the Equity shares of the Company have been voluntary delsited from the following stock exchanges : 1) Madras Stock Exchange Ltd. wef January 19, 2004; 2) The Delhi Stock Exchange Association Ltd. wef January 23, 2004; 3) Pune Stock Exchange Ltd .wef January 23, 2004.
-Archies open its biggest Gallery in Pacific Taj, Agra
-Archies Limited has informed that: "The Company Secretary Ms Rupa Sarkar has resigned w.e.f. 8th December 2007 and Mr. P. C. Joshi will take charge w.e.f. 17th December 2007 as a Company Secretary and Compliance Officer of the Company".
- The Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 2
- The Company has joined hands with CRY to celebrate as the girl child / daughter, as a child first day.
- The Company has joined hands with the "Hallmark" a $ 4 billion World leader in Social expression Company.
- The Company has bagged four prestigious awards in different categories for printing excellence in NAEP 2011 Award Function at Bengaluru.
- The Company has tied up with Switzerland based CowParade to introduce figurines in its galleries in India.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
-Board has has recommended a final dividend @ 20% (equivalent to Rs. 0.40) Per Equity share of (Face value of Rs. 2/- each).
-Mr. Dilip Seth has been appointed as a additional director of the Company.
-Vijayant Chhabra has been appointed as a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Company.
--Board has has recommended a final dividend @ 20% (equivalent to Rs. 0.40) Per Equity share of (Face value of Rs. 2/- each).
Date Sources:Live BSE and NSE Quotes Service: TickerPlant | Corporate Data, F&O Data & Historical price volume data: Dion Global Solutions Ltd.
BSE Quotes and Sensex are real-time and licensed from the Bombay Stock Exchange. NSE Quotes and Nifty are also real time and licenced from National Stock Exchange. All times stamps are reflecting IST (Indian Standard Time).
Copyright © 2020 Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. All rights reserved. For reprint rights: Times Syndication Service