BSE:500480 | NSE:CUMMINSINDEQ | 58888:cummn | IND:Engines | ISIN code:INE298A01020 | SECT:Engineering
The Company History page lists out the major events in chronological order for Cummins India Ltd.
|Company History - Cummins India Ltd.|
- The Company was incorporated on 17th February, at Pune. The Company manufacture internal combustion engines in particular diesel engines of all sizes and capacities, reciprocating piston engines, gas turbine engines, gasoline engines, etc. The promoters of the Company were Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd., Lakshmanrao Kirloskar Road, Khadki, Pune and Cummins Company Inc., Columbus, U.S.A.
- 38,250 shares allotted to Kirloskar Oil Engines, 75,000 shares to Cummins Engine Co. Inc., USA and 36,750 shares to the public during May 1962.
- Cummins Diesel Sales and Services (India) Ltd., became a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company.
- 60,000 Bonus shares issued in prop. 2:5.
- KCL Research and Development, established, is recognised by the Department of Science and Technology.
- 7,00,000 - 11% pref. shares offered to the public in May 1976. 2,10,000 bonus equity shares allotted in prop. 1:1 in Oct. 1976.
- The Company obtained a limited licence for the manufacture of 500 (Neoplan) buses in collaboration with Gottlob Auwarter GmbH & Co., West Germany.
- 2,40,000 bonus equity shares issued during Oct.- Nov. in prop. 4:7.
- 6,60,000 Bonus equity shares of Rs 100 each issued in prop. 1:1 in Dec.
- The Company proposed to set up a fatigue testing lab. It had developed and field tested dual fuel engines capable of running on natural gas and diesel.
- The Auto division designed and developed a low floor, wide bodied bus based on integral construction technology for use at airports. The bus has a capacity to carry 125 passengers.
- Equity shares and unclassified shares sub-divided on 12.12.1986. 132,00,000 bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- Pref. shares redeemed.
- During the period, manufacturing facilities for luxury and airbus were established. Also, production of hitech import substitution components/assemblies commenced.
- The Company undertook a project for the manufacture of mini-power station of 1, 2, 5 and 10 mega watta within a period of one year.
- A letter of intent was received for the establishment of a 1,005 export oriented unit for assembly of internal combustion engines.
- Another letter of intent was received for the manufacture of two axle on-road and three axle off-road commercial vehicles in the range of 15 to 34 tonnes with an annual capacity of 6,000 vehicles.
- The Company entered into a collaboration agreement with RABA Hungarian Railway Carriage and Machine Works, Gyor, Hungary.
- The Company, jointly with Cummins Engine Co. Inc., USA, undertook to set up a project for the manufacture of V-28 engines,
- The Research & Development division developed dual fuel engines, 6B5.9 marine power packs for fishing trawlers and 12 and 16 cylinder gas engines. Also, import substitution of various components of V 28 engines were carried out.
- Authorised capital reclassified.
- The Company received the ISO-9001 certification for quality management system approval with respect to design, development, production, installation and service of internal combustion engines.
- Technology was being assimilated for flame proof engines. Also, substantial savings in foreign exchange was achieved through majo indigenisation programme.
- Cummins Engine Co. Inc, USA are the collaborators for the manufacture of engines. Holset Engineering Co. Ltd., U.K., are the collaborators for the manufacture of turbochargers.
- 13,200,000 bonus equity shares issued during 27th Oct. 1994 in proportion 1:2.
- Demand in domestic market improved due to the Government's liberalization and globalization policy.
- 13,20,000 bonus equity shares issued during 27th Oct. 1994 in proportion 1:2.
- A new engine model was introduced in the compressor market.
- By mutual agreement cummins engine company Inc. USA (cummins) and Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd. (KOEL) whose equity participation was 50 per cent and 25.5 percent respectively decided to go independent.
- The Company along with Cummins Engine Company undertook to introduce two new versions of engine models with high horse power viz. `Quantum' engines with a view to increasing the horsepower range to 2,700.
- In the generating set segment, it was proposed to introduce 6 BT powered generator set to address the below 100 KVA power generation market.
- In recognition of export performance, Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC) has awarded to the Company `Top Exporters' Shield-National in the category of `Consumer Durables Exporters' (Non-SSI).
- Jt. Director General of Foreign Trade and Mahratta Chamber of Commerce & Industries, Pune have awarded a trophy to the Company for export excellence.
- Cummins and KOEL have signed an agreement with regard to their future equity holding in KCL. This will enable KOEL to disinvest, subject to statutory approval.
- Effective September 10, the name of the Company was changed from Kirloskar Cummins Ltd. to `Cummins India Ltd.'
- The Cummins Engine Company Inc, USA, is the world's largest independent manufacturer of diesel engines above 200 HP and is recognized for its expertise in emissions, fuel efficiency and electronics.
- Cummins India Ltd., a joint venture since 1962, is the only company in the country to offer a range of engines in diesel, gas and dual fuel models, it has produced more than 140,000 engines so far.
- Cummins India Ltd., a 51 per cent subsidiary of Cummins Engine Company of US is currently clocking heavy volumes at the Mumbai Stock Exchange.
- The Pune-based Cummins India Ltd., (CIL), the largest manufacturer of industrial diesel engines in the country, has entered the 1.5 MW segment with the unveiling of its Quantum series of engines.
- Cummins Wartsila, the France-based manufacturer of power engines, is exploring the possibility of setting up a manufacturing base in the country and launching gas-based engines.
- Cummins Wartsila is a 50:50 joint venture between the US-based Cummins Engine Company and Wartsila NSD Corporation of Finland. Based in France, the joint venture has marketing units in several countries.
- Cummins India has also set up a technology centre in Pune.
- Cummins India Ltd. (CIL) is a 51 per cent subsidiary of Cummins Engine Co of the US.
- The Company produced 7,710 engines and 39 generating sets. Also introduction of three engines namely NT/NTA 855 Big Cam, KTA 38 and QSK 60.
- Cummins India (CIL) is one of the best MNC-affiliated engineering companies in India.
- Cummins India (CIL) was set up in 1962 (formerly Kirloskar Cummins Ltd.) Jointly by Cummins Engine Co. Inc., US (CEC), and Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd. (KOEL).
- Cummins India, a joint venture with Cummins Engines Co. USA, is a major manufacturer of diesel engines with a wide range of engines in diesel, gas and dual fuel modes.
- The company has also entered into a 50:50 joint venture with Nelson Industries Inc, US to manufacture silencers, mufflers and tubing for emission control. This project is being put up at Daman.
- Cummins India, a 51 per cent subsidiary of Cummins Diesel of US, is the market leader in diesel engines with a overall share of 62 per cent. It manufactures diesel engines in the 60-2700 HP range, and faces intense competition from Hindustan Powerplus, L and T, Ashok
Leyland, Kirloskar Oil Engines, Greaves and a few multinationals.
- The company has recently introduced "Quantum" services of engines with horse power ranging 1200 to 2500 largely for industrial and power general applications.
- The company introduced a concept called `Recon' service and a `float stock' for a quicker solution to the engine users. Under these schemes, the company would rebuild the engine under manufacturing condition with new parts at 60 per cent of the cost of the new engine.
- Cummins India, has launched e-commerce facility on their web-site www.cummins-india.com.
- The Company has introduced the `S series' engines with a 4-cylinder 3.8 litre capacity simple lightweight and compact diesel genset in the 30 to 62.5 kva range.
- Cummins India Ltd has collaborated with Tata Engineering to make forays into the lower end of the diesel engine market.
- The Board co-opted Mr. J.K. Edwards and Mr. I.M. Barrowman as Additional Directors and appointed Mr. Y.S. Joshi as an Alternate Director to Mr. M.A. Levett effective from 21st June.
- Cumminds Infotech, a 100 per cent subsidiary of Cummins India, to give majority stake in the company to its US parent Cummins Engine Company.
- Cummins India Ltd has floated Cummins Infotech Ltd to provide e-business and enterprise resource planning solutions for Cummins worldwide.
- The Company is all set to foray into the lower-end diesel generator set market targeting the burgeoning demand from domestic users.
- The Company has set up a new 100 per cent subsidiary, Cummins Power Solutions India to drive the changes being effected at Cummins India Limited and its subsidiaries.
- Cummins India Ltd., the diesel engines major has appointed Mr. Pradeep Bhargava as managing director Cummins Power Solutions and Chief Executive of their power generation business.
- Cummins India, the power solutions company and largest manufacturer of diesel engines, has introduced a new range of world class product and service offerings including branded gensets.
- Mr. R.L. Moore has stepped down as Director of the company with effect from March 15.
- The Board of Directors of Cummins India Ltd have proposed to sell, lease or otherwise dispose of the undertaking of the Company, viz. Plant II.
-Cummins India, the 51 per cent subsidiary of the US-based Cummins Inc, has decided to merge two of its profit-making subsidiaries Cummins Power Solutions and Power Systems India with itself with effect from April 1.
-Vinod Dasari co-opted as an Additional Director of Cummins India.
-Cummins India Ltd has informed BSE that it has acquired 8,10,000 equity shares of Rs 10/- each fully paid (40.5%) in the shares capital of CG Newage Electrical Ltd Ahmednagar (CGNEL) from Crompton Greaves Ltd (38%) and Janpath Investments & Holdings Ltd (2.5%).
-Cummins aligns its operations closer to those of the US parent Cummins Inc.
-Cummins India has implemented Six sigma to reduce the defect and maximise the quality of its business processes.
-Cummins India Ltd has announced voluntary retirement scheme for its Associates, Officers
-Mr.Jim Rugg has resigned for the Director of the company.
-The Board of Directors of Cummins India Ltd have appointed Mr.Vinod Dasari and
Mr.Ananth Talaulicar as Joine Managing Directors of the company.
-Cummins India mandated a policy according to which every department in the
company must have atleast one woman employee.
-Dr. John Wall, chief Technical Officer, Cummins Inc., USA, has joined the board as an Additional Director. Mr. J. M. Barrowman, Mr. S.D. Hires and Mr. Peter McDowell have step down as directors of the company effective October 28, 2003, however Mr. J. M. Barrowman and Mr. S.D. Hires will be alternate directors to Mr. M.A. Levett and Dr. John Wall respectively.
-Ms. Matangi Gowrishankar, Vice President HR and Organisation Effectiveness has resigned from the services of the company effective December 02, 2003. Consequently, Ms. Gowrishankar has ceased to be Compliance Officer of the company. However, Mr. Madan Godse, Vice President Legal and Company Secretary continues to be Compliance Officer of the Company.
-Cummins tie up with Satyam to hasten operations at CRTI
-Cummins unveils emission compliant N14 series of engines in India
-Cummins India Ltd has informed that the equity shares of the company have been delisted from the Pune Stock Exchange wef January 16, 2004.
-Ties up with Cummins Westport Inc, Canada (CWI) for transfer the technology to the company for manufacture of new Engine Platform called B Gas International (BGI) in the range of 145 to 230 HP.
-Appoints Anant Talaulicar as the managing director of Cummins India Area Business Organisation (ABO). Mr Talaulicar will lead 11 Cummins companies in India, including Cummins India, Cummins Diesel Sales and Service (CDSS), Tata-Cummins, Valvoline India Fleetguard and the newly-opened Cummins Research and Technology Institute.
-Cummins India Ltd has elected Mr Anant Talaulicar, Joint Managing Director of the Company as Chairman of the Board of Directors.
-Diesel Engine and power major Cummins India has appointed Mr Rajiv Batra as Chief Financial Officer. Mr Batra will oversee the finance function at Cummins India Ltd and the eleven entities of the Cummins Group in India
-Cummins to launch B series of diesel engines
-Cummins successfully Concludes Wage Settlement Management And Union Welcome Building A Partnership For Success.
-Cummins successfully Concludes Wage Settlement Management And Union Welcome Building A Partnership For Success.
-Cummins adds Generator Starting System to its range of products.
- Cummins expands joint venture in India to boost engine production.
-Cummins Power Generation introduces the "Power Box" concept in its Rental Business.
-Cummins India joins hand with IISc for biomass-based power systems
-Wins highest recognition by receiving the award in the Corporate Image Leadership category, besides winning awards in four other categories
-Cummins India and IISc win CII’s Innovative Energy Saving Product Award at the National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2007
-Cummins India Ltd has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Government of Maharashtra on March 15, 2008, wherein the State of Maharashtra has offered "Mega Project" incentives to the Company for its proposed expansion Project(s) at Phaltan MIDC (Village Survadi, District Satara).
-Cummins India wins CII’s National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2008
-Cummins India Ltd has rolled out three products for the domestic market at the opening of POWER-GEN 2008 exhibition here. The new products include '30/35 kVA low horse power' generator sets 'X series', and a '750 kVA high horse power' generator set in the 'QSK23 series.
- Inauguration of the rural electrification project initiated by Cummins in collaboration with IIT, Bombay and READ Foundation at village Kolha.
- Maharshi Karve Stree-Shikshan Samstha and Cummins India Foundation collaborate to launch a women's engineering college in Nagpur.
- Cummins conferred with the CII National Award for 'Excellence in Energy Management 2010'.
- Cummins wins again the 'Voice of the Customer' Awards from Frost & Sullivan in Five Categories.
- Has allotted 79,200,000 Bonus Equity Shares of 2/- each in ratio of 2:5 i.e. 2 Bonus Equity Shares for every 5 existing Equity Shares held to the eligible Members.
- Padarwadi village near Pune gets electrified through effective utilization of renewable sources for power generation.
- Cummins inaugurates its fourth facility at the Megasite at Phaltan.
- Cummins donates engines to over 60 ITIs across Maharashtra.
- Cummins donates a generator set to the Horticulture College in Phaltan.
- Tata Cummins Limited Wins Greentech Environment Award 2012.
-Cummins was again named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute in 2013.
-For the eighth consecutive year, Cummins was awarded a perfect score in the 2013 Corporate Equality Index by the Human Rights Campaign.
-Cummins India announces its Power Generation product line.
-Cummins Opens Plant for High Horsepower Engines at Phaltan.
-Cummins Opens Phaltan Midrange Upfit Cente Phaltan.
-Tata Cummins Limited (TCL) opens its third manufacturing facility in Phaltan.
-Cummins declared an interim dividend of Rs. 5/- per equity share on 277,200,000 equity shares of Rs. 2/- each for the Financial Year 2014-15.
-Cummins India Ltd has completed acquisition of remaining 50 per cent stake in Cummins Svam Sales & Service Pvt Ltd (Cummins Svam).
-HEC, Cummins sign MoU to manufacture specialised engines
- Cummins Engines power Tata PRIMA Trucks at T1 Racing Championship 2017
Date Sources:Live BSE and NSE Quotes Service: TickerPlant | Corporate Data, F&O Data & Historical price volume data: Dion Global Solutions Ltd.
BSE Quotes and Sensex are real-time and licensed from the Bombay Stock Exchange. NSE Quotes and Nifty are also real time and licenced from National Stock Exchange. All times stamps are reflecting IST (Indian Standard Time).
Copyright © 2020 Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. All rights reserved. For reprint rights: Times Syndication Service