Pushing ahead with this plan will be an enormous challenge over a relatively short period of time, experts said. Last year, only about 8% of the nearly 2 million passenger vehicles sold in California were battery-electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles. Transportation remains California’s largest source of planet-warming emissions.
India VIX, the measure of volatility in the market, advanced 5.45 per cent to 22.13.
- Live: BSE Realty top sectoral loser, down 2%
- Day trading guide for Thursday's market
- IPO rush on in a weak market; Chemcon hits 5-year record
- Stock Recos: Zensar | BPCL | HPCL |
- Why is Mistrys’ exit hurting TCS stock?
- Bet on these 3 themes to Covid-proof your portfolio
- GMM Pfaudler short-selling: Is it punter luck or inside egde?
Tax assessments for 2016-17 were completed by December 31, 2019 when it became time-barred. But in cases where tax returns were not picked up for scrutiny, or where new evidence has emerged, the persons concerned are being told to produce documents to show the source of cash that was held in banned Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 bills.
- What the exit of Shapoorji Pallonji Group will mean for the Tatas
- Stocks in the news: RIL, Voda Idea, Bharti Airtel, SBI, Care Ratings, IOC and Tata group stocks
- Reliance Industries moves CCI for Future Group deal nod
- Chemcon Specialty Chemicals IPO subscribed 149 times; grey market premium rises to 88%
- After 8,500% rise, crorepati-maker smallcap GMM Pfaudler not inspiring confidence any more
- Moody's downgrades Kuwait on liquidity squeeze, weak governance
- Parliament passes Labour Bills, making it easier for employers to hire and fire
From the focus on improving the acreage under irrigation and encouraging farmers to diversify into allied activities such as dairying and beekeeping, to hikes in MSP and direct financial assistance worth thousands of crores, a series of measures have marked a fresh approach which stands out from the false, populist pronouncements made by previous governments.
- World can no longer afford to keep the WTO in a ventilator: Pradeep Mehta, CUTS International
- CPI should continue as the anchor for monetary policy and interest rate decisions: RBI paper
- CAG suggested the govt to put in place a foolproof system to ensure registration under NPS
- CAG pulls up DGFT on export sops, suggests automated foolproof system for trade promotion schemes
- Government proposes to formulate retail trade policy: Piyush Goyal
- RBI says it has no information on loans of top 100 defaulters written off by banks
- India begins review of anti-dumping duty on melamine imports from China
TOP GAINERSCOMPANY NAME%CHANGECHANGELTP
Buffett, the fifth-richest person in the world, has loved few things more in his life than sweets, soda and compound interest — but banking stocks have come pretty close. Buffett was there to boost them during and after the last crisis, and he’s remained a top shareholder in most of the big U.S. banks.
Chart topper Venus Remedies has rallied the most at 546 per cent, followed by Aarti Drugs (up 382 per cent), Mangalam Drugs (375 per cent), IOL Chemicals (up 352 per cent) and Bharat Immunological & Biologicals (up 328 per cent).
- After 8,500% rise, this smallcap not inspiring confidence any more
- Gold price falls below Rs 50,000. Right time to buy?
- Rich families view markets with ‘extreme’ caution: Citi
- Brokers may report Rs 23,000 cr revenue in FY21: ICRA
- How to get more out of the market? Be more productive!
- Mutual funds should not try to act like banks, warns Sebi chief
- Deal Street hits a yearly record in 9 months
- 4 sectors to buy into in a market correction: Pankaj Pandey
POLITICS AND NATION
The latest statistics of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, accessed by ET, reveal that 20 states have rejected 17,52,553 claims under the Scheduled Tribe and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act 2006, or the Forest Rights Act, till March 2020.
- CAG report card finds Delhi Police lacking
- Relief package: Tranche 2 funds likely for over 1 lakh Tibetans in India
- SAD against bills due to political compulsions but it isn’t against NDA: BJP’s Punjab incharge
- Chopper scam: CBI’s new charge sheet names 3 ex-‘witnesses’ as accused
- Southwest monsoon to begin retreat from next week after late stay
- States should rethink the utility of mini-lockdowns, assess economic disruption, says PM Modi
- India terms Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s remarks on Kashmir as “completely unacceptable”
On Wednesday, Mercedes-Benz India drove in the Rs 1.2-crore GLE 55 AMG coupe, while Toyota launched the Urban Cruiser mini off-roader, or the re-stylised Maruti Suzuki Brezza.
- National High Speed Rail Corp. opens tender for bullet train, all seven bidders are Indian
- Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance rolls out initiative to focus on employee well-being
- Delay in deciding BPSL case will only hurt lenders and bidder
- Tata's renewable energy arm not looking at new plants without policy incentives, says President
- Health, fire hazard lead growth for insurance companies in August
- The travel industry is never going to be the same again, says Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky
- Hindustan Unilever to focus on high-demand packs to ride out the coronavirus crisis
According to income tax laws, gross total income is divided into five parts. Here is how you can calculate income under each head and arrive at your gross total income. Depending on your sources of income, you will have to select the appropriate form to file your ITR.
TOI Contributor From the focus on improving the acreage under irrigation and encouraging farmers to diversify into allied activities such as dairying and beekeeping, to hikes in MSP and direct financial assistance worth thousands of crores, a series of measures have marked a fresh approach which stands out from the false, populist pronouncements made by previous governments.
The total case tally stands at 5,732,519 including 9,66,382 active cases, 46,74,988 cured/discharged/migrated & 91,149 deaths: Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
ET Bureau 'Our overweights in financials have come down and focus has increased on companies which have business outside India.’
ET CONTRIBUTORS Passive index funds have been gaining popularity given the simplicity, low cost structure, and falling alpha in some of the active fund categories.
Bloomberg That’s the view from ICICI Securities, which says that consensus one-year forward forecast for earnings-per-share on the Nifty 50 index has been overestimated by about 20% on average since FY14.
ETMarkets.com TechM said its subsidiary has divested its stake in Altiostar Networks for $45 million (about Rs 331 crore) to Rakuten USA, Inc.
ETMarkets.com Tune in! Your daily dose of market news and cues.
iStock India’s central bank will continue to intervene to prevent any sharp appreciation in the rupee, even after signs of leniency toward currency gains in recent weeks, according to ICICI Bank Ltd.(By Subhadip Sircar)
- Views: 39Posted:
- Views: 16Posted:
- Views: Posted:
- Views: 2Posted:
- Views: 229Posted:
- Views: 292Posted:
- Views: 122Posted:
- Views: 3088Posted:
- Views: 2305Posted:
- Views: 1Posted:
- Views: 54Posted:
- Views: 887Posted:
- Views: 100Posted:
- Views: 114Posted:
- Views: 397Posted:
- Views: 5834Posted:
- Views: 3107Posted:
- Views: 3190Posted:
- Views: 2256Posted:
- Views: 28Posted:
- Views: 24Posted:
- Views: 240Posted:
- Views: 104Posted:
- Views: 1372Posted: