"The House will deliver the article of impeachment to the Senate. The Senate will conduct a trial of the impeachment of Donald Trump. It will be a full trial. It will be a fair trial," Schumer said.
The company’s energy business was the worst affected by the Covid-19 pandemic given that the demand for transportation fuel sank due to international travel ban and most people choosing to stay at home.
- Jio Q3 profit up 16%; ARPU rises to Rs 151
- Is D-Street headed for a steep correction?
- Bizarre: Raamdeo Agrawal on valuations of stocks like Tesla
- ETMGS: Devina Mehra on investing globally
- Should you go long or short on Nifty50?
- ETMGS 2021: Why midcaps are going to be the most exciting
- RIL Q3 Results: PAT rises 12.5% YoY, beats Street estimates
Apollo Hospitals, Gland Pharma, Crompton Greaves, L&T Finance, Oberoi Realty and Indian Bank are some of the companies which will announce their Q3 results today.
- Giving a boost to local manufacturing: Budget 2021 may raise duty on finished goods
- India’s Covaxin led to tolerable safety outcomes and enhanced immune responses: Lancet
- Equities to give low-to-mid double-digit returns in 5 years, says Prashant Jain
- India cracks down on China-backed fintech lenders in the country
- Google says it will shut search engine in Australia if forced to pay for news
- 18% in three days, 450% since March. This stock has D-Street staring agape
“The most important issue is tax reforms and the first element of that is the direct tax code. We cannot create a 21st century Atmanirbhar Bharat with these ancient codes and we need to bring it up to the 21st century,” Virmani said, virtually addressing a conference hosted by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) on Friday.
- RBI proposes scale-based regulations for shadow banks
- View: The gaping loopholes in India's faceless penalty scheme and how to plug them
- IL&FS addresses aggregate debt of Rs 32,000 crore
- Budget must focus on resolving demand-side issues: Ind-Ra
- Covid-19 resulted in jobs moving away from high labour productive sectors to agri, construction: CMIE
- Budget cues for MGNREGA, Modi govt's unlikely saviour in a pandemic
- Turning consumption around: Jobs beat tax cuts to top economists' budget wish list
TOP GAINERSCOMPANY NAME%CHANGECHANGELTP
Buffett, the fifth-richest person in the world, has loved few things more in his life than sweets, soda and compound interest — but banking stocks have come pretty close. Buffett was there to boost them during and after the last crisis, and he’s remained a top shareholder in most of the big U.S. banks.
It can be an opportunity for investors to add the stock in their portfolios as the fundamentals remain strong.
- Here's what to do when high PEs give you jitters
- Is it time for India to show some love to Bitcoins?
- Investing globally isn't just about buying FAANG: Devina
- Raamdeo on valuations of stocks like Tesla and Netflix
- A look at Sensex's 50k-point journey in 12 charts
- Sensex @100K by 2025? Vijay Kedia says it is possible
- Lessons investors can learn from Rahul Dravid’s cricket
- Jim O’Neill’s mantra to beat the market over next decade
POLITICS AND NATION
“The Indian cricket team faced so many challenges. They took them head on and looked for fresh solutions. They were inexperienced players, but their morale was high and they grabbed the opportunity given to them,” Modi said. The team suffered a crushing defeat yet recovered to win the next match. "
- Showdown in CWC; change-seekers seek elected CEC, parliamentary board
- Reconsider our proposal to put laws on hold: Narendra Singh Tomar to farmers
- Maharashtra govt seeks to expedite plan for coastal zone development
- TMC minister hits out at ISF, says Muslim voters will choose security
- UP may give ‘denotified MBC tribes’ SC/ST status
- Farmer Protest: 1,00,000 tractors to be lined up in show of strength
- India, China maintaining close communication on next round of military talks: MEA
"Higher risk appetite of NBFCs has contributed to their size, complexity and interconnectedness making some of the entities systemically significant, posing potential threat to financial stability," the RBI said.
- Input Tax Credit must be paid on towers: TAIPA
- Migsun forms JV to develop 103 acre township in Gr Noida; to invest Rs 250 cr on 1st phase
- HDFC Bank submits plan of action to RBI, hopes to fix outage issue in 3 months
- Long road for Tesla in India with infrastructure, supply chain woes
- Tripartite agreement signed among MECL, RSMML and DMG for solution mining potash in Rajasthan
- Power demand at all-time high of 187.3 GW: Power Minister R K Singh
- Emaar accuses former partner MGF, Shravan Gupta of fraudulent transfer of land parcels
Under the new labour laws, the definition of wages is standardised. This will impact on how gratuity and EPF will be calculated and lead to hike in amount and individual is eligible to receive.
The US Senate trial of former president Donald Trump will begin the second week of February, after the article of impeachment is transmitted to the chamber early next week, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said.
PTI "Both sides have agreed to hold the next round of the senior commander level meeting soon and we are in close communication over diplomatic and military channels in this regard," Spokesperson in the ministry Anurag Srivastava said. He was replying to a question on the next round of military talks at a media briefing.
PTI The minister said the farmer unions have been asked to revert till Saturday if they agree to the government's proposal for putting the laws on hold and forming a joint committee to reach a solution, after which the talks can continue.
PTI The Union Territory of Ladakh was created in 2019 after the central government bifurcated the state of Jammu and Kashmir came into UTs.
ET Bureau The stock is displaying very strong momentum and in options front it has seen fresh build up at Rs 1300-1400 call options. Ahead of results, stock can gain easily 10%
PTI As per the data available on the BSE, UBS Principal Capital Asia offloaded 39.50 lakh shares of the bank at an average price of Rs 928 apiece, valuing the transaction at Rs 366.56 crore.
- NTPC to raise Rs 2,500 crore via bonds
- Learn from masters of mkts: Edward Chancellor | Anthony Bolton | Livermore |
ETMarkets.com In a separate deal, Leman Diversified Fund sold 2 million shares or 1.09 per cent stake in Gayatri Projects at Rs 43.65 apiece on the NSE through a bulk deal.
ETMarkets.com Globally, investors also chose to book profits as the recent rally propelled by the expectations of a larger fiscal stimulus in the US faced resistance.
- Views: 7Posted:
- Views: 14Posted:
- Views: 11Posted:
- Views: 2Posted:
- Views: 11Posted:
- Views: 3Posted:
- Views: 59Posted:
- Views: 65Posted:
- Views: 219Posted:
- Views: 134Posted:
- Views: 133Posted:
- Views: 76Posted:
- Views: 926Posted:
- Views: 230Posted:
- Views: 207Posted:
- Views: 439Posted:
- Views: 226Posted:
- Views: 5994Posted:
- Views: 3141Posted:
- Views: 3411Posted:
- Views: 2362Posted:
- Views: 265Posted:
- Views: 143Posted:
- Views: 1388Posted: