BSE:532754 | NSE:GMRINFRAEQ | 58888:gmr | IND:Infrastructure - Diversified | ISIN code:INE776C01039 | SECT:Infrastructure
The Company History page lists out the major events in chronological order for GMR Infrastructure Ltd.
|Company History - GMR Infrastructure Ltd.|
|The Company was originally incorporated on May 10, 1996 as a public limited company called Varalakshmi Vasavi Power Projects Limited in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. On May 23, 1996 we received a certificate of commencement of business. On May 31, 1999, the name was changed to GMR Vasavi Infrastructure Finance Limited. Thereafter, on July 24, 2000, the name of the Company was changed to GMR Infrastructure Limited. On October 4, 2004 the registered office of the Company was shifted from the State of Andhra Pradesh to the State of Karnataka.|
The Company is an infrastructure holding company formed to fund the capital requirements of the GMR Group’s initiatives in the infrastructure sector. GIL is engaged in development of various infrastructure projects in Power, Road and Airport Business through several special purpose vehicles.
-GMR Infrastructure - GMR Hyderabad International Airport awards In-flight Catering Contracts
-GMR Infrastructure Ltd has informed that GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd (GHIAL), a subsidiary of the Company, has awarded the contract of setting up, operating and maintaining F & B Outlet to HMS Host, a world leader in travel dining and shopping.
-GMR Infrastructure Ltd has informed that at the meeting of the Board of Directors of the Company held on October 18, 2007, Mr. G M Rao, Chairman and Managing Director, has relinquished the office of Managing Director & he is appointed as whole time Executive Chairman of the Company with immediate effect.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs10/- to Rs2/-.
-GMR Infrastructure - GMR Group signs MOU for 300 MW Upper Karnali Hydro Electric Project, in Nepal
-GMR Infra buys 50-pc stake in US power co Intergen
-GMR Infrastructure - DIAL ties up with Indraprastha Apollo Hospital for medical facilities at Delhi Airport
- The consortium led by GMR Infrastructure United has bagged the prestigious Hyderabad - Vijayawada highway project on a Build, Operate and Trasrer (Toll) basis through international competitive bidding route. The Group has received Letter of Award from National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) on May 27, 2009. This is seventh highway project of GMR Group after successfully completing six projects as per schedule.
-GMR wins 181 kms long Hyderabad - Vijaywada stretch and it's 7th Highway Project
-GMR's subsidiary acquires Indonesian coal firm for Rs 400 cr
-GMR Infrastructure - Purchase of 11,50,000 Equity Shares of Rs 2/- each of the Company by GMR Holdings Pvt. Ltd
-GMR Group acquires 100% ownership of Island Power Project, Singapore
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 2 to Re 1
- GMR Infrastructure Ltd's consortium has bagged a road construction project from the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) in the southern state of Karnataka.
- GMR Infrastructure won the expansion and management contract from the Male international airport, the Maldives. The company offered almost 1 billion rufiyaa (USD 78 million) upfront to win the contract. According to sources in the company, the Maldivian government will award the contract tonight.
- GMR Infrastructure Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press Release dated December 12, 2011, titled "GMR adds 384 MW to Andhra Pradesh Grid".
- GMR Infrastructure Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press Release dated July 15, 2011, titled "GMR Energy (Singapore) Pte Ltd Achieves Financial Close".
- GMRGroup, one of the world’s leading infrastructure developers, and the SchulichSchool of Business of York University in Toronto, Canada, announced that they have entered into an understanding to develop a Schulich campus in Hyderabad, India. As per the agreement Schulich will provide internal structure, i.e. develop the learning environment and academic infrastructure while the GMR Group willprovide the ‘brick and mortal’ - land and the physical infrastructure
- GMR Infrastructure Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press Release dated September 27, 2011 titled "GMR Infrastructure awarded the first Mega Highway Project"
- GMR Infrastructure Ltd has submitted to BSE a copy of Press Release dated March 13, 2012 tilted "GHIAL inaugurates maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO) facility".
- Leading infrastructure company GMR Infrastructure Ltd has appointed G M Rao as its new Executive Chairman with effect from October 18, 2012 for 5 years, said the media reports.
- GMR Infrastructure Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press Release dated April 25, 2012 titled "Revision in Aeronautical Charges at Indira Gandhi International Airport".
- GMR Infrastructure Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press Release dated December 17, 2012 titled "First Unit of GMR's Warora Plant Synchronized".
- GMR Infrastructure Ltd has informed BSE that GMR Kishangarh Udaipur Ahmedabad Expressways Ltd ("the Company') a subsidiary of GMR Infrastructure Ltd has announced the financial closure, of its flagship Mega Highway Project, the first of its kind awarded by NHAI.
-GMR Group Announces Successful Conclusion Of Sale Of GMR Energy (Singapore) Pvt Ltd. -GMR Group won the Award for Most Admired Infrastructure Company- Overall at 5th KPMG Infrastructure. -"GMR signs JDA with IFC for Upper Marsyangdi-2 hydropower project in Nepal". -"GMR Group announces another profitable milestone in its Asset Light - Asset Right strategy" -"Macquarie SBI Infrastructure Fund acquiring majority stake in GMR Jadtcherla Expressways Ltd (GJEL)". -GMR Infrastructure Ltd headquartered in Bangalore, has introduced changes in its energy arm in order to create verticals for formulation of strategies.
-"GMR Infrastructure wins first railway project". -"GMR Group Signs PDA with Government of Nepal for 900 MW Upper Karnali Hydro Power Project". -GMR Infrastructure Ltd signs Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Japan Bank for International Cooperation. -GMR Megawide consortium awarded Mactan-Cebu Airport project. -"GMR Infrastructure speeding on Railways". - GMR Group was awarded Asia’s Coaching Leadership Excellence Award on 1st August, 2014 at Singapore. -GMR Varalakshmi Foundation was declared the winner of "The Best CSR Practices Award-2014 " for undertaking exemplary livelihood activities among communities dwelling in the neighbourhood of the 1400 MW GKEL Power plant at Kamalanga, Dhenkanal District at Odisha.
2015 -GMR Led consortium wins Rs 5,080 cr rail freight corridor project from DFCC -GMR Infra arm inks MoU with Chinese consortium -GMR Infra's Kakinada SEZ signs MoU with Guizhou International Investment Corporation, China -GMR subsidiary signs MoU with Oman Airport Management Company to Provide Training & Consultancy Services -GMR Infra's Kakinada SEZ Signs MoU With JGC Corporation, Japan -GMR Infra has issues rights to its existing shareholders in the Ratio of 3:14 2016 -GMR Infrastructure has commissioned a "5MW Solar Power Plant Operational at GMR Hyderabad International Airport". -GMR get CERC nod to revise power tariff for Kamalanga plant. -GMR led consortium bags Rs 2,280.7 cr railway project. -"GMR Airports wins North Goa’s Greenfield Mopa Airport." -"GMR wins arbitration against Government of Maldives; Gets compensation of US$ 270 million".
2017 - DIAL inks land license pact with Airbus - GMR led Delhi Airport signs land license agreement with Airbus India to develop their first full flight simulator - GMR Infrastructure Ltd to develop new international airport in Greece - Delhi Airport Ready To Tackle Fog Conditions This Winter - Delhi International Airport initiates export promotion of North-Eastern Agro-products at domestic and international markets - GMR Institute of Technology (GMRIT) awarded as India's 'Second Most Clean Campus for 2017' by AICTE - GMR led DIAL set for Delhi Airport’s Expansion in line with Master Plan - GMR Goa International Airport Ltd concludes fund raising for Phase-1 of Mopa airport project - GMR Airports wins greenfield Heraklion Airport in Crete island, Greece
Date Sources:Live BSE and NSE Quotes Service: TickerPlant | Corporate Data, F&O Data & Historical price volume data: Dion Global Solutions Ltd.
BSE Quotes and Sensex are real-time and licensed from the Bombay Stock Exchange. NSE Quotes and Nifty are also real time and licenced from National Stock Exchange. All times stamps are reflecting IST (Indian Standard Time).
Copyright © 2020 Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. All rights reserved. For reprint rights: Times Syndication Service