BSE:540777 | NSE:HDFCLIFEEQ | 58888: | IND:Insurance - Life | ISIN code:INE795G01014 | SECT:Financial Services
The Company History page lists out the major events in chronological order for HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd.
|Company History - HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd.|
|The Company was incorporated at Mumbai on August 14, 2000 as HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited, a public limited company under the Companies Act, 1956. The Company obtained the certificate of commencement of business on October 12, 2000. Further, the Company obtained its certificate of registration from IRDAI to undertake the life insurance business on October 23, 2000.|
Changes to the name of the Company:
The name of the Company has not undergone any change since its incorporation.
Major events and milestones
- First private life insurer to obtain registration from the IRDAI
- Crossed 100,000 policies and 10,000 individual agents; distribution tie-ups with HDFC Bank and other banks
- Launch of unit linked funds; distribution tie-up with Saraswat Co-operative Bank Limited
- Crossed the 500,000 policy milestone
- AUM crossed Rs. 200,000 million
- Incorporated the Subsidiary, HDFC Pension on June 20, 2011
- The Company turned profitable, and registered a profit of Rs. 2,710 million and the total premium for the year crossed Rs. 100,000 million
- Company’s AUM crossed Rs. 500,000 million; dividend was declared for the first time in December, 2013
- Total premium crossed the Rs. 160,000 million mark
- The Subsidiary, HDFC International was authorised by Dubai Financial Services Authority to carry on financial services
- Standard Life Mauritius increased its stake from 26% to 35%
- Company’s AUM crossed Rs. 900,000 million
Certifications, Awards and Accreditations
- India's Best Companies to Work For - The India's Best Companies to Work for study is conducted by The Economic Times & Great Place To Work® Institute.
- ICAI Awards - Gold Shield for Excellence in Financial Reporting for the Annual Report
- The Indian Insurance Awards for Best Product Innovation (Life Insurance) by Fintelekt
- SAP ACE Awards - Technology Adoption in Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI)
- Finnoviti award to recognize and reward innovations in Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) - Received for Cancer Care, a first of its kind standalone cancer care product from a life insurer
- Data Quest Business Technology Awards, Delhi Edition, for excellence in implementation & use of technology for business benefits, in the “Mobility” category
- Indian Insurance Awards: Won Life Insurance Company of the Year, awarded by Fintelekt
- SM Financial Services Marketing Summit Awards - Most Customer Responsive Insurance Company of the Year
- QCI - D. L. Shah Quality Awards - Gold Award, for the case study Improvement in Persistency : A Win for ALL
- Prime Time Awards - Best Creative Advertising - Single Ad or Campaign in the Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) category
- Frost & Sullivan – Project Evaluation & Recognition Program for the project, “Creating a Culture of Continuous Improvement”, an insurance case study
- PCQuest Best IT Implementation Award for Qlik Insights BI Development – Project with Maximum Business Impact
- Won National Award for Excellence in Cost Management for second consecutive year
- Recognized by Celent as Model Insurer Asia of the Year
- Won Porter Prize for leveraging unique activities
- Won National Award for Excellence in Cost Management, awarded by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- Golden Peacock HR Excellence Award
Date Sources:Live BSE and NSE Quotes Service: TickerPlant | Corporate Data, F&O Data & Historical price volume data: Dion Global Solutions Ltd.
BSE Quotes and Sensex are real-time and licensed from the Bombay Stock Exchange. NSE Quotes and Nifty are also real time and licenced from National Stock Exchange. All times stamps are reflecting IST (Indian Standard Time).
Copyright © 2019 Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. All rights reserved. For reprint rights: Times Syndication Service