According to the statement by the operator, Kia Seltos will have advanced connected car functionality, while Vodafone Idea’s IoT solutions will help the car maker to deploy a strong, connected solution in the Indian market through integration of eSIMS with Voice, 3G/4G data, SMS, Secured APN service and API integration.
The solution allows Kia to locate its cars, enable real-time exchange of data and power a whole range of telematics enabled connected car services to its customers, said the telco in its statement.
"Connected Cars, once an aspirational concept in the Indian market, has become a reality now. As industry and consumers adapt to this digital disruption, it gives Vodafone Idea Business Services an opportunity to introduce end-to-end IoT solutions to our automobile partners," said Nick Gliddon, Chief Enterprise Business Officer, Vodafone Idea
Read More News on
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Improved vehicle legislation, industry compliances driving connected car market in India: EY
- Connected cars poised to become common phenomenon in India: Report
- Tata Communications, Microsoft tie up for developments in connected cars
- Airtel in talks with automakers to drive connected car business in India
- Mahindra and Ford sign agreements on powertrain sharing, connected car solutions
- Blueair Cabin P2i Connected Car Air Purifier review: Promises clean air in under 10 minutes