New Delhi: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday said electricity distribution companies in Union Territories (UTs) will be privatised.
A tariff policy that does not burden consumers with distribution companies' inefficiencies will be guaranteed, she said while presenting the fourth tranche of economic stimulus package.
In Video: Higher defence FDI, commercial coal mining, aviation reforms in FM Sitharaman's fourth tranche of announcements: Watch highlights
Read More News on
- Leh, Kargil to be developed as smart cities in the newly-formed union territory of Ladakh
- Formation of J&K and Ladakh union territories "unlawful and void": China
- President's rule revoked in J&K, 2 Union Territories created
- Government lines up growth initiatives for new union territories
- After J&K bifurcation, hill parties want Darjeeling to be Union territory
- Jammu and Kashmir reorganisation bill: What it means for the two new Union Territories
9 Comments on this Story
Uday k80 days ago
privatize Bescom too
Melman const80 days ago
Privatise or corporatise UT also. Some politician will reduce will save some public burden.
Ganapathi Mohan NV80 days ago
Discoms in States are running into losses mainly due to Leakage in Revenue. To solve this situation, we need to ask all consumers to declare the no of Airconditioning units, Geyzers and capacity installed each house and monitor the minimum revenue accordingly using Big data analysis. In many houses the residents bypass Meter for their Aircon connections. May be the officials also part of it! There need to be frequent inspection of the premises. This is the only way to collect the right revenue for Discoms.