12,296.80-55.55
Stock Analysis, IPO, Mutual Funds, Bonds & More

IFFCO's Jordan plant starts production of phosphoric acid

Awasthi in a tweet from his twitter handle @drusawasthi said, "Jordan India Fertiliser Company (JIFCO) has started production of Phosphoric Acid."

PTI|
Updated: May 30, 2014, 09.03 PM IST
0Comments
Awasthi in a tweet from his twitter handle @drusawasthi said, "Jordan India Fertiliser Company (JIFCO) has started production of Phosphoric Acid."
Awasthi in a tweet from his twitter handle @drusawasthi said, "Jordan India Fertiliser Company (JIFCO) has started production of Phosphoric Acid."
NEW DELHI: Fertiliser major IFFCO's joint venture project JIFCO in Jordan has started production of phosphoric acid, the cooperative's Chairman and Managing Director U S Awasthi said today.

Jordan India Fertiliser Company (JIFCO) is a joint venture between IFFCO and Jordan Phosphate Mines Company (JPMC), which owns and operates a large number of phosphate mines in Jordan.

Awasthi in a tweet from his twitter handle @drusawasthi said, "Jordan India Fertiliser Company (JIFCO) has started production of Phosphoric Acid."

IFFCO and its affiliates hold about 52 per cent equity, while JPMC holds remaining 48 per cent equity in the firm.

As per the agreement, JPMC will make available the required quantity of Rock Phosphate for the project. IFFCO and JPMC together will buy back entire production of phosphoric acid from the plant. Construction of the plant was started in October 2010 and its capacity is 1500 tonnes per day of phosphoric acid and 4,500 tonnes per day of sulphuric acid.

Besides this, IFFCO also owns shares in Indian Potash Ltd, Industries Chimiques du Senegal, Oman India Fertiliser Company in Oman. It is also present in the insurance sector through a joint venture firm, IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance.

IFFCO is the largest soil nutrient producer in the country, with an annual output of 4.4 million tonnes of urea and 4.3 million tonnes of complex fertilisers.

Also Read

IFFCO launches nano-tech based fertilisers for on-field trials

IFFCO reduces retail prices of non-urea fertilisers by Rs 50/bag

Iffco-Tokio moves IRDA in J&K Bank case

IFFCO Tokio General offers bank locker cover

Irdai fines Iffco Tokio, Royal Sundaram Rs 5 lakh each

Comments
Add Your Comments
Commenting feature is disabled in your country/region.

Other useful Links


Copyright © 2020 Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. All rights reserved. For reprint rights: Times Syndication Service