Where do tourists prefer to go in India?
The second most visited destination in India
* 185 cr Total tourist visits in 2018, a 12% increase from 2017.
* 2.89 cr International tourist visits in 2018, up 7% from 2017.
Who spends the most on tourism?
* $247 billion: India’s tourism GDP in 2018, up by 6.7% from 2017. Tourism contributed about 9% to the country’s total GDP.
* 4.3 cr jobs were generated, directly and indirectly, by the tourism and travel industry in 2018.
* The growth was largely driven by domestic tourism.
* 1,518 cr: Combined states’ spending on marketing and publicity for tourism.
Which state has the best infra?
* Delhi has the highest density (rooms per sqkm) of branded rooms, followed by Goa.
* Karnataka and Tamil Nadu added the most branded rooms in 2018.
The well-connected states
* The most dense road network is in Delhi, followed by Kerala and Goa.
* The most dense rail network in also in Delhi, followed by West Bengal and Bihar.
Source: World Travel and Tourism Council — India Initiative, Hotelivate