77% Indian women cheat due to boredom; 45% increase in same-sex encounters among married people
India’s most unfaithful women live in Bengaluru, Mumbai, and Kolkata.
According to a survey conducted by Gleeden, an extra-marital dating app for married people, the number of people looking for a third party has increased. The app now has over 600,000 users aging between 34-49 years and the data they provide about extra marital affairs is eye-opening.
Here are some of the many reasons for why women cheat on their partners:
- 77% of Indian women cheat because they are bored by their monotonous married life.
- Since the Supreme Court of India abolished section 377 which criminalized same-sex extra-marital relationships, there was a +45% increase in same-sex encounters among married people.
- India’s most unfaithful women live in the big metropolis: Bengaluru, Mumbai, and Kolkata are in the top 3.
- 31% of unfaithful women have already had an affair with one of their neighbours.
- 52% of women and 57% of men have already cheated on their partners during a business trip.
Going by the stats, it seems that the Indian audience is slowly but surely moving towards the idea of open/free relationships and are even open to exploring it after getting married.