Cena's shout-out to the 'Simmba' actor's movie took the internet by storm with several fans reacting to it in strange ways. While some appeared confused at Cena's post, others were chuffed at the WWE champ's praise for Singh.
"My time is now, john Cena Aapna time ayeaga" one of the fans commented.
"Yessssssss...My Time is Nowwwwww" said another.
However, this isn't the first time that the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion shared pictures of Bollywood icons on Instagram. Earlier, he shared pictures of comedian Kapil Sharma, singer Daler Mehndi, actor Aamir Khan, and had even quoted Shah Rukh Khan on both Twitter and Instagram.
Based on Mumbai's underground rap scene, 'Gully Boy' tells the story of Murad (Singh), a young boy living in the slums of Mumbai who aspires to make it big in the music world. The movie also stars Alia Bhatt and Siddhant Chaturvedi in pivotal roles.
As Ranveer Singh Turns 34, Here's A Look At His Quirky Fashion Moments
Bizarre Yet 'Befikre'
Ranveer Singh is all things Bollywood, over-the-top, and dramatic. Singh is synonymous with his theatrics and abundant energy, both on and off-screen. Add to that his bold, and out-of-the-box style, and you have a star who is not afraid to experiment. On his 33rd birthday, we revisit some typical, 'Befikre' Ranveer-kinda fashion moments that only he could pull off with élan.
In Pic: Singh at the India-Pakistan World Cup match (L) and at the 69th Berlinale International Film Festival (R).
- John Cena posts picture of Aishwarya Rai on Instagram after actress hospitalised for Covid
- Intnl Space Univ, John Cena remember Sushant Singh Rajput; Amul tweets special tribute
- John Cena pledges $500K to first responders fighting California wildfires, urges Paramount Pictures to join in
- Shah Rukh Khan and John Cena had the most adorable Twitter conversation
- John Cena to be an author, plans to release a series of children's books
- Ford sues John Cena for reselling his new $500,000 GT supercar