Azhar, Sangeeta Bijlani pose together at Asad-Anam reception; Telangana CM in attendance, Sania Mirza glitters in burgundy
Sania Mirza, Ram Charan, singer Neeti Mohan were among guests at the starry affair.
- Azharuddin's son Asad weds Sania Mirza's sister in a traditional ceremony; couple share 'Mr & Mrs' pictures
- Sania Mirza shares adorable picture with bride-to-be Anam, mum; Asad spends musical evening with friends ahead of wedding
- Sania Mirza, Azharuddin meet Telangana CM K Chandrashekar Rao, invite him for Anam-Asad's wedding
- Sania Mirza turns bridesmaid in red and black at sister Anam's mehendi; Azharuddin celebrates with son Asad
- Pink roses, balloons and a floral tiara: Sania Mirza hosts bridal shower for sister Anam
The Hyderabad Cricket Association president's son Asad wed the tennis ace's younger sister, Anam, in a traditional, lavish ceremony on Wednesday, and the families continued the celebrations with a reception on Thursday night.
Former model-actress and Azharuddin's ex-wife Sangeeta Bijlani, who had attended the nuptials in a green Anita Dongre ensemble, opted for a blue lehenga for the reception. The 59-year-old also posed with the newlyweds in a family picture alongside Azharuddin and the Mirzas, with Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao who was among the guests at the do.
Sania Mirza and Mohammad Azharuddin had met KC Rao, on Tuesday, to extend an invitation for the function.
The newlyweds forgo traditional outfits for the reception, with Asad looking dapper in a black tuxedo and his stylist wife shimmering in a champagne-coloured gown.
View this post on Instagram
@anammirzaaa and @asad_ab18 host reception for their friends and family, @sangeetabijlani9 and @farahkhankunder attend @mirzasaniar @azharflicks . . . #MohammadAsaduddin #saniamirza #saniamirzafans #anammirza #abbasanamhi #wedding #weddingdiaries #weddingseason #weddingbells #winterwedding #reception #weddingreception #farahkhan #sangeetabijlani
The 33-year-old tennis champion, who is all set to make a return to the court at the Hobart International in January after a 2 year maternity break, dazzled in a burgundy lehenga for the occasion.
Earlier in the day, the two sports families and the newlyweds also indulged in a game of cricket, according to an Instagram Story.
The couple's nuptials were preceded by days of pre-wedding festivities in Hyderabad.