The '3 idiots' actor took to Twitter back PM Modi's new plastic-ban initiative in India, and urged his 25 million followers to support the mission. So far, the post has been retweeted over 1.8K and liked over 18.5K.
The initiative by the Hon'ble PM @narendramodi to curb 'single use plastic' is an effort all of us should strongly… https://t.co/k7TzSUt4Rq— Aamir Khan (@aamir_khan) 1566799103000
During Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' address, the 68-year-old politician shared that the "new mass movement" against single-use plastic will launch on October 2, the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
Are you ready to make India free from single use plastic and pay tributes to Bapu on his 150th birth anniversary?… https://t.co/NcdOXsDxvb— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1566716884000
Aamir is also one of the founders of Paani Foundation, along with his wife Kiran Rao. The non-profit, non-governmental organisation works on drought prevention and watershed management in the state of Maharashtra.
This isn't the first time that a Bollywood actor has made an effort to garner people's attention towards environmental issues.
In June this year, Salman Khan gave a subtle yet impactful message on single-use plastic. The actor posted a video where he can be seen offering water to a monkey, whom he calls his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan', in a plastic bottle. The monkey, however, refuses. Khan then offers water in a glass and 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' is quick to accept it.
"Hamara bajrangi bhaijaan plastic ki bottle se paani nahi peeta (Our Bajrangi Bhaijaan does not drink water from a plastic bottle)," Salman captioned the video.
While the video was shared on a lighter note, hidden in it is a message to stop using plastic bottles.
From Sachin Tendulkar To Uday Kotak: When Famous People Wielded Brooms For 'Clean India'
Making 'Clean India' A Reality!
Read More News on
- Aamir Khan, Kiran Rao attend longtime assistant's funeral in Mumbai
- Aamir Khan's longtime assistant succumbs to heart attack at 60
- Aamir Khan's mother tests negative for COVID-19, actor thanks fans for 'prayers and good wishes'
- Aamir Khan tests negative for Covid-19, thanks BMC & Kokilaben hospital; asks fans to pray for his mother
- Aamir Khan turns 55: Ajay Devgn calls actor his lucky mascot, Madhuri wishes 'the man who is not only wise but also kind'
- Aamir Khan addresses Chinese fans in video message amidst coronavirus outbreak, urges them to take precautions, follow govt instructions