“I usually stick to self-help, biographies and business books for knowledge and insight. Occasionally I find myself grabbing something from the fiction section just for fun,” he told ET Panache. “My guilty reading pleasure has always been the fantasy and fiction genre.”
But it is a self-help book that holds the number one spot on Bhargava’s must read list.
“One of the best books that I’ve read is ‘Atomic Habits’ by James Clear. It shows a clear-cut picture of how the effects of our habits multiply as we repeat them. It helped me understand how improvements made on daily basis multiply and help us reach our goals.”
Recalling how the book helped him take crucial decisions during product development, Bhargava said, “In a course of few days, the difference seemed to be quite small but when I applied the same effort day in and day out, it led to an enormous effect. When working on the first version of CashKaro’s Mobile App I applied this approach to the product and the way the app has transformed over the past few months has been amazingly rewarding.”
'Vedanta Treatise : The Eternities' by A. Parthasarathy
'How to Win Friends and Influence People' by Dale Carnegie
'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho
'The Harry Potter' series by J.K. Rowling
How Many Books Have You Read From Virat Kohli's List?
Nerd Mode On
Recently the Indian captain made headlines for his reading choice during the opening Test between India and the West Indies.
Team India captain Virat Kohli wears many hats – batsman, model, fashion curator - but one title that few associate with him is bookworm. When he’s not playing cricket, practising his swing or hitting the gym, the right-handed batsman loves to relax with a good book, as evidenced by this tweet.
We take a look at some of the books that make the ‘nerd’ in Kohli happy.
- How using 2 screens helped CashKaro co-founder stay productive during WFH
- Cashkaro raises $10 million in funding led by Korea Investment Partners, Kalaari Capital
- CashKaro boss turns to the violin for busting stress
- Gun-carrying Guinea locals made CashKaro boss become a smart and wise traveller
- CashKaro’s Rohan Bhargava can't live without his phone; Blinkist among favourite apps
- CashKaro offers internships to students from international colleges, starting with LSE