'Chandrayaan 2' becomes India's most-trending hashtag in nine days
India's ambitious lunar mission saw as many as 67,554 tweets.
- Chandrayaan-2: Mahindra, Adani, Akshay Kumar laud ISRO scientists, say 'we will rise again'
- ISRO shares adorable Chandrayaan-2 cartoon hours ahead of landing; an 'excited' PM Modi urges India to watch
- The countdown begins: 60 'excited' students will join PM Modi at ISRO to watch Chandrayaan-2's moon landing
- Lalbaugcha Raja gets a Chandrayaan-2 twist: First look revealed
- Love the ride you’re taking us on: Chandrayaan-2 enters lunar orbit; Anand Mahindra celebrates on Twitter
SEMrush, the online visibility management company recently conducted the study on the lander Vikram in the period between September 1-9, which showed that Twitter is buzzing with Chandrayaan 2, the lander Vikram and ISRO.
According to the study, there have been 2,39,109 tweets dedicated to the mission.
"India is showing great interest in the initiatives taken by ISRO. People are using Twitter as a platform to share their views on the mission. It is overwhelming to see that despite the mission's result, people are being positive and neutral in their approach," said Fernando Angulo, Head of Communications, SEMrush.
"Moreover, Bollywood actor and influencer Akshay Kumar has a huge impact on audiences, especially after his film Mission Mangal, therefore, his tweet is the third most engaging tweet," Angulo said.
The tweets reveal mixed emotions of people as they tweeted 30.04 per cent positive tweets, 66.90 per cent neutral tweets and only three per cent negative tweets on the Moon lander Vikram.
Besides, #Chandrayaan2 continues to be the most trending hashtag on Twitter nowadays with a volume of 67,554, the study said.
The other two most popular hashtags are #VikramLander(43,749) and #ISRO(38,619).
The study also found that tweets mentioning ISRO have gone majorly viral in the three days from September 6-9 with the number of tweets reaching 87,336.
The top two tweets by number on the social media platform have been tweeted by ISRO (@isro) with the highest engagements of 1,49,179 and 1,38,698, respectively.