Did you also grow up in the time of analog photography? Different film rolls often had different properties in terms of colour, exposure, sharpness and feel. Most smartphone cameras, on the other hand, take very similar photos. And there are many apps that can simulate the look of film too but this new app Fimo is an instant favourite because of a few key reasons.
First, the retro camera interface brings back a lot of memories. Second, you can change between many different types of film (at least 9 were free at the time of writing, others can be purchased). There's a nice animation, where you open the camera door and swap out film rolls. Third, each film has a distinct look, complete with the day/date imprint. And finally, each photo you capture is saved in high resolution without any watermark.
You can fool your friends into thinking you're shooting with an analog film camera. If you like the idea of analog film simulation, you should also try Huji Cam (which is available free on both Android and iOS).
Vyng, Drupe, Sonar Ruler: Download These 6 Brilliant Apps To Liven Up Your Smartphone
By Rajarshi Bhattarcharjee
Liven up your smartphone like never before with a digital assistant, video ringtones, stripped back music and more.
- WhatsApp to offer in-app purchases, cloud hosting services
- Paytm's mini-app store to help app developers, brands
- Implementing app bans: The role of ISPs and app stores
- Here's how not to fall for fake loan apps
- US wants to eliminate Chinese apps from US app stores
- No takers for swanky wear in days of in-app celebrations