Men should select their jewellery the same way they’d select a watch or a tie, advises fashion designer Bibhu Mohapatra, who was recently in the city for a Preciosa fine jewellery launch.
The trick to picking the right jewellery, according to the designer, is finding your personal story.
“Jewellery is very personal. It has to tell a story that resonates with your own story. For me, I wear tuxedos often so I like to collect studs and cufflinks.”
“And they don’t always have to be highly prized. Sometimes in an antique store, I find pink pearls done in gold – clean, modern. Finding those things can really enhance whatever look you’re going for,” he said, pointing out the black diamond cufflinks adorning his wrists for the day. A gift from Turkish fine jewellery designer Begum Khan, the cufflinks neatly accented the navy blazer that Mohapatra wore.
A Dash of Style
Other trends that Mohapatra believes men should keep an eye out for are chunky polished metal chains, studs entering mainstream fashion and the rising preference for French cuffs (and cufflinks).
“Whether it’s watches, studs or cufflinks, jewellery is equally important (for men). It may not be that prolific in the offerings for men but, we all love to shine a little bit.”
Lakmé Fashion Week 2019: Bebo, KJo, PV Sindhu Set The Ramp On Fire
An Evening Of Fashion
The much-awaited Lakmé Fashion Week (LFW) Summer Resort 2019 was all about elegance, glamour and grace.
The fashion extravaganza witnessed summer and spring collections from well-known designers like Gaurav Gupta, Anita Dongre, Ajay Kumar Singh, Bobo Calcutta, Helena Bajaj Larsen & Yavi.
Big names from the Tinsel Town like Kareena Kapoor Khan, Anil Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut, Vidya Balan, Karan Johar, Tabu, Mouni Roy, among other, turned showstoppers for designers at the five-day long event.
Here's a look at other celebs from the B-town who set the ramp on fire.
(In pic from left: Kareena Kapoor Khan, Karan Johar, PV Sindhu)
Read More News on
- Bibhu Mohapatra on Sabyasachi's controversial Insta post: Hard to choose right words when talking about one's craft
- A Turkish village and delicious meal inspired Bibhu Mohapatra's jewellery line
- Fashion designer Bibhu Mohapatra recalls his Obama encounter, designing for Michelle
- When filing for bankruptcy helped Bibhu Mohapatra's brand do better
- From Schauna Chauhan to Bibhu Mohapatra, the business class's guide to living out of a suitcase
- Bibhu Mohapatra, Swapnil Shinde to impress at the New York Fashion Week