- Which mask offers best protection? Choose those with three layers instead of two, flexible material
You don’t need a gold-standard N95 medical mask to stay safe from coronavirus.
- Breathe a sigh of relief: Study says most lungs recover well after recovering from Covid
Residual damage in the lung tissue was generally limited.
- Covid-19 virus may hijack our cells' cholesterol system to spread through body, says study
The study suggests that SARS-CoV-2 may use the cell's internal cholesterol mechanisms to enhance infection.
- People suffering from diabetic eye disease five times more likely to get severe Covid
- Pandemic or not, people must stay active, says WHO; Covid not an excuse to not work-out
Regular physical activity is key to preventing and helping to manage heart disease.
- Frequent, rapid testing can eliminate Covid-19 pandemic within weeks, says study
Antigen tests require a relatively high viral load -- about 1,000 times as much virus compared to the PCR test.
- WFH woes take over: Most working professionals report eye-strain and vision problems
Office employees spend at least six hours per day looking at a computer screen.
- Do high-risk groups get priority over others? Emergency use of a Covid-19 vaccine explained
During a health crisis, the FDA can loosen its normal scientific standards.
- Covid-19 reinfection unlikely for at least 6 months, says new study
The results of the study suggest cases of reinfection are likely to remain extremely rare.
- Can social distancing weaken the immune system?
- Spending hours with earphones plugged-in due to WFH? Increased usage may lead to ear infection
The wax inside the ear kills the bacteria naturally and prevents infection.
- Kick the butt: Smoking can worsen severity of Covid infection
According to the researchers, smoking may have resulted in more severe corona infection.
- Masks, explained: What percentage of the virus can be blocked, and what it means for the infected and uninfected?
Here's a look at how what we know about masks has changed.
- Dr Vivek Murthy feels Covid can spread easily indoors than outdoors, winter perfect set-up for contagion
The Indian-American expert will head President-elect Joe Biden's Covid task force.
BACK TO TOP