- Wondering if Covid vaccines are safe? The only serious risk may be a rare allergic reaction
Common side effects of the vaccine are normally minor.
- Hoarding up on zinc, vitamin C supplements to boost immunity? They may not be effective in treating Covid
These supplements do not significantly decrease the severity of Covid symptoms.
- Keep surfaces sanitised: Coronavirus survives longer on glass, plastic than on cloth & paper
IIT Bombay study says the virus survives longer on hard surfaces than porous ones.
- The slimming pill may be here: Study finds new 'game changer' drug to fight obesity
- How do some people become Covid super-spreaders? Obesity, age, and the state of the infection play a huge role
As the infection 19 progressed, researchers found that the viral particles got smaller, reaching the size of a single micron at the peak of infection.
- India may need to catch up: America's health experts believe 2 masks are better than 1
The CDC updated its guidance, saying people can wear a cloth mask on top of a surgical mask.
- Scientists decode how air conditioning spreads coronavirus aerosols
The study analysed the complex flows that occur when cold airflow from ACs interacts with the hot plume from a dining table, and the transport of virus-laden particles within such flows.
- Is it safe to take painkillers before or after getting vaccinated for coronavirus?
It's best to avoid popping pills, unless you routinely take them for a medical condition.
- Missing the hot yoga studio? Your bathroom can double up as the perfect spot
The pandemic has been a boon for 'Hot Yoga Dome', an inflatable structure that looks like a bouncy house for adults.
- World Cancer Day: Heartburn and constant use of acid reflux drugs may double the risk of stomach tumour
- Can a writing test predict Alzheimer’s risk? New study says it is possible
Each neurological disease produces unique changes in speech, which probably occur long before the time of diagnosis.
- Scientists identify 5 existing drugs that could potentially reduce corona spread in lung cells by more than 90%
Through the study, the scientists discovered close to 18 existing drugs that could be repurposed to combat Covid-19.
- Write it all down, take time off: How to manage anxiety in the new normal
Ajeeta Mulye, Psychologist & Outreach Associate, Mpower tells us how we can better cope with anxiety in the pandemic.
- Air pollution can permanently harm eyes, may result in irreversible blindness
Age-related macular degeneration is the leading cause of vision loss among people over 50.
BACK TO TOP