NASA takes $1.6 bn from Donald Trump to send the first woman to Moon by 2024
Until now, only 12 humans have walked on the Moon, but never a woman.
- Astronaut Jerry Ross reveals if humans are littering outer space with debris
- Is there a cure in space? ISS scientists look for new ways to treat Parkinson's
- 3 Indian teams from Mumbai, Punjab & Ghaziabad win awards at NASA Rover Challenge
- Sleep to get rich: NASA & ESA project will give people Rs 13 lakh to lie in bed for 60 days
- Who would be the first person on Mars? NASA says a woman
According to CNN, NASA is planning to send the first woman ever and the first man in nearly five decades to the lunar surface by 2024. The announcement follows after Trump added USD 1.6 billion to NASA's budget to return to space exploration.
Trump has reportedly challenged NASA to land at the south pole of Moon by 2024. NASA has revealed that its new mission will be called Artemis - named after the Greek goddess of the moon.