The cricketer took to Twitter to confirm the news. He wrote, "Saw game changers on Netflix. Being a vegetarian athlete has made me realise what I have believed all these years regarding diet was a myth. What an amazing documentary and yes I've never felt better in my life after I turned vegetarian."
Saw game changers on Netflix. Being a vegetarian athlete has made me realise what I have believed all these years r… https://t.co/FNCNwMIAPR— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) 1571801188000
During his initial days of international cricket, Kohli had admitted several times during media interactions that he was fond of chicken.
After 2013, Kohli intentionally shifted his focus to fitness, diet, and training. Now, he is punctual about his diet which has given him a different character on and off the field. His wife, Anushka Sharma, has been a vegetarian for over four years, and PETA India named her the Hottest Vegetarian Celebrity in 2015.
He is a highly-admired athlete around the world, and is one of the most-disciplined athletes of his generation.
India created history on Tuesday as they defeated South Africa by an innings and 202 runs to clean sweep 3-0 for the first time.
In the series, Kohli scored 317 runs. He also became the most successful Indian Test captain as he surpassed MS Dhoni after the win against West Indies in Jamaica.
How Many Books Have You Read From Virat Kohli's List?
Nerd Mode On
Recently the Indian captain made headlines for his reading choice during the opening Test between India and the West Indies.
Team India captain Virat Kohli wears many hats – batsman, model, fashion curator - but one title that few associate with him is bookworm. When he’s not playing cricket, practising his swing or hitting the gym, the right-handed batsman loves to relax with a good book, as evidenced by this tweet.
We take a look at some of the books that make the ‘nerd’ in Kohli happy.
- Healthcare brand Vize ropes in Virat Kohli as the Brand Ambassador
- Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma continue to dominate ICC ODI rankings for batsmen
- Virat Kohli becomes third Indian to hit 200 sixes in IPL
- Virat Kohli leads sporting fraternity in condoling Pranab Mukerjee's death
- Rohit Sharma injury: Lack of clarity, we are playing waiting game which is not ideal, says Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli's return will create big hole, Ind-Oz series' fate lies on selection choices: Chappell