Sania recently had her first child with cricketer-husband Shoaib Malik. The winner of six Grand Slams has started training.
The 32-year-old Hyderabadi says she has to juggle many a roles and it is a demanding task.
Little Mirza-Malik, Royal Baby No.3 & Other Celebrity Newborns Of 2018
It's Raining Babies
From royal baby to the heir of Snapchat, this year didn't disappoint us.
Here's a list of all the celebrities who turned parents - some for the first time, and some again, - in 2018:
"Well, I have been able to play these roles thick and fast. I have been a wife for a while. I have become mother just now. I am trying to get back to the top level. I know, it is not going to be easy, but nothing is worth than doing it," Sania told PTI.
"My realistic goal is to make a comeback to the sport. Probably by the end of this year it may happen. Earlier I had talked about my return by 2020. There was a reason for that. I didn't want to put pressure on myself and still don't," she said.
Sania said her life has changed completely after giving birth to her son Izhaan.
"Life changes a lot when you have an infant in the house. You are not the priority anymore. As sportspersons, we tend to be a little bit selfish all our life. It is all about us. It is all about our fitness, rest and work," Sania said.
"When an infant arrives in the house, it is nothing about you anymore. It is all about the infant. And, that is what motherhood is all about. The life becomes selfless," she on the sidelines of the inauguration of the 9th season of 'The Label Bazar' exhibition here.
Sania said her son will have the freedom to choose his calling in life.
"I and my husband (Shoaib Malik) are not discussing it at all. He can be a doctor or whatever he wants to be, and that is how my parents have brought me about. They allowed me to choose whatever I wanted to do. May be, my son, will not be a sportsperson at all. You never know," she said.
Happy Birthday, Sania Mirza: All The Milestones In The Tennis Ace's Life
Sania Mirza’s name is synonymous with tennis in India. Every time the legendary player has entered the tennis court with a racket in hand, she has displayed a great show and created innumerable milestones.
Mirza has six Grand Slam titles to her name, and is a former World No. 1 in the doubles ranking.
As she rings in her 32nd birthday today, here's a look at some of the milestones in her career so far.
- 'Guzar Jayega': Big B, Sania Mirza among 50 singers, 55 film & sports personalities in new motivational track
- Suresh Raina announces baby Rio's arrival; Sachin Tendulkar, Sania Mirza, Phogat Sisters welcome 'little champ'
- Sania Mirza becomes first Indian to win Fed Cup Heart Award, donates $2K prize to Telangana CM's Relief Fund
- Sheikh Hasina, Sania Mirza to co-chair WEF's India Economic Summit
- Azhar, Sangeeta Bijlani pose together at Asad-Anam reception; Telangana CM in attendance, Sania Mirza glitters in burgundy
- Azharuddin's son Asad weds Sania Mirza's sister in a traditional ceremony; couple share 'Mr & Mrs' pictures