The foundation distributed relief materials worth Rs 50 crore to the flood victims, a release said here today.
The visit helped her understand the exact needs of the people in the village, and will facilitate long-term rehabilitation work, the release said.
She also met state Chief MinisterPinarayi Vijayan and expressed solidarity with the people of Kerala and help create critical infrastructure.
The philanthropic arm of Reliance Industries also donated Rs 21 crore towards the Chief Minister's Disaster Relief Fund.
"Reliance Foundation is committed to support the people of Kerala in this time of crisis," she said.
A team of 30 people from Reliance Foundation was deployed for rescue work from August 14.
Reliance Foundation Information Services in coordination with the State Disaster Management Authority (SDMA) undertook rescue and relief operations through its toll-free helpline and successfully rescued over 1,600 people, the release added.
As many as 483 people have lost lives in the state since the onset of monsoon on May 28.
Ambanis, Bachchans, Jack Ma Catch The World Cup Live In Russia
The who's who of the world flocked to Russia to catch the action at the World Cup. From the Ambanis (Mukesh, Nita, and Anant) to the Bachchans (Amitabh and Abhishek), B-town and India Inc jet set to the country to cheer for their favourite team.
In Pic: Abhishek Bachchan with Nita Ambani (L), Vita Dani with Jack Ma (R).
- Reliance Foundation, USAID partner to bridge gender digital divide in India
- Reliance Foundation's 'Mission Anna Seva' biggest free meal program run by any corporate: Nita Ambani
- PM Modi lauds Reliance Foundation, Tata Group for cleanliness drive
- Reliance Foundation lends hand for relief work in cyclone-hit states
- Reliance Foundation to adopt 4 flood-hit villages in Gujarat
- Nita Ambani-led Reliance Foundation in race to buy Seven Hills Hospital in Marol
2 Comments on this Story
Nilamkumar Buch760 days ago
Reliance is very generous for help to distressed people during natural calamities.
pankaj sharma762 days ago
Very good. Keep it up