- At Lalit Doshi lecture, Uday Kotak does a flashback; quotes N Vaghul’s 1995 words on spiritual development over finance
- A cricket injury in 1979 led to Uday Kotak's academic break
- Uday Kotak feels India's desire for cash should go down, digital banking can help manage money
- All in the family! When Uday Kotak and Pallavi gave back to alma mater, Columbia University
The Kotak Mahindra Bank MD responded quite disarmingly, drawing on his experience at home, “One thing I know for a fact is that I have not increased the amount of money my wife (Pallavi) withdraws from the bank account every month for the last one year. And she has lived within her means as I see it. So that is a good sign. And she is not complaining about wanting a serious increase in the withdrawal amount every month. So that is certainly a good sign.”
He went on to add that other data points - like sales of cars, trucks, tractors, two wheelers are showing a slowdown, and that the prices of input items are beginning to show some corrections. “I do believe that there is a significant reduction in the levels of inflation over the last 12-18 months, and that is not just domestic but it is global,” Kotak said.
He concluded by saying that inflation could go up over the next but we should be responsive to the change, and stay ahead of the curve so that we see growth come back to the economy. “Real world data indicators do indicate that inflation is currently under control,” were his closing words.
Words Of Wisdom: When Uday Kotak, Ajit Doval, Raghuram Rajan Spoke About Economy, Leadershi...
Speaker Of The Evening
The Lalit Doshi Memorial Lecture (LDML), instituted in the name of the eponymous former civil servant, has been hosted in Mumbai annually since 1995.
On Monday, August 5, Uday Kotak became the 25th speaker to deliver it. The LDML speaker club is an illustrious one (even though the absence of any female speakers in the list is jarring).
Here’s a look at what past speakers have spoken about in the address:
Read More News on
- Concept of globalisation undergoing transition: Uday Kotak
- Government extends term of Uday Kotak as IL&FS chairman by one year
- Financial sector will need to be recapitalised, says Uday Kotak
- Uday Kotak takes over as CII president
- India's financial sector headed for more consolidation, says Uday Kotak
- Will be mindful while dealing with highly-leveraged companies: Uday Kotak
4 Comments on this Story
Verma Suresh385 days ago
Mr. Kotak you are also in a denial mode as the government is.what your wife may be spending in a day, may not to equal to annual income of crores in the country.
Gd Dd399 days ago
why should wife need cash withdrawls at all? does she not have CC or DC?
Niranjan Doshi399 days ago
Come on Mr. Kotak. Since when wives make such request? Once you hand over the salary to her, she decides whether you should get any increase towards your personal spending. Wrong example.