- Rishi Kapoor cremated in the presence of family, Alia, Anil Ambani; kin recall actor’s love for ‘friends, food & films’ in final months
- Rishi Kapoor passed away too soon. Pay your tribute to the legendary actor
- Rishi Kapoor's daughter gets special permission to travel from Delhi to Mumbai amid lockdown
On his part, Subimal ‘Chuni’ Goswami, as is wont with sporting legends, came from a different generation. Dapper that he was, Goswami was a player both on and off the football field. As captain of the Asian Games gold-winning team in 1962, and a regular in the Olympics, he managed to transcend his fan following among the tribes of Bengali football fans — with its ultras in Mohun Bagan, where the legend played from 1954 to 1968 — and was a true-blue national hero.
Separated by 14 years, Kapoor and Goswami embodied a playfulness we shall remember both as leela and ‘enjoy’. Our playing fields — which include the stage where Kapoor erupted trumpet in hand in Nasir Hussain’s1977 Hum Kisise Kum Naheen, as well as the Maidan Grounds in 1960s Kolkata and Ikada Stadium in 1962 Jakarta, Indonesia, where Goswami plied his magical trade — are left behind better nurtured and nourished by their indomitable play-fulness.
'Main Shayar Toh Nahi', 'Chandni O Meri Chandni': Rishi Kapoor Left Us With Music And Memor...
Gone Too Soon
Noted actor Rishi Kapoor, a powerhouse of talent, passed away after a two year long battle with cancer.
The actor, who had charmed his way into millions of hearts with his scintillating debut in 1973's 'Bobby', had been diagnosed with cancer in 2018, and underwent treatment in New York for almost a year. He returned home to Mumbai in September 2019.
Born in 1952, Kapoor began his career as a child artiste with roles in his father Raj Kapoor's films, starting with 'Shree 420'. He won the National Award for Best Child Artist for his performance as a younger version of his father in 'Mera Naam Joker'.
While Kapoor's acting prowess is indisputable, the actor also left fans with some evergreen tunes from his films.
Here's remembering the icon through his songs.
- Rishi Kapoor's ancestral home in Pakistan, 'Kapoor Haveli', faces demolition threat
- Rishi Kapoor's on-screen legacy will live on as the romantic hero & the quintessential entertainer
- Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor not keeping well, admitted to hospital
- Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor discharged from hospital, rubbishes cancer rumours
- FIR against actor Kamaal R Khan for derogatory tweets about Rishi Kapoor and Irrfan Khan
- Rishi Kapoor's ashes immersed in Banganga tank in Mumbai; prayer meet held at his home