- Tendulkar rewinds to 1994 when he 'begged & pleaded' to change the game's strategy
- Sachin Tendulkar tweets bizarre video from the pitch, leaves Twitterati in a fix
- Sachin Tendulkar shares first 'driverless' parking experience, jokes about 'Mr. India'
- Flashback 1990: When the world witnessed 17-year-old Sachin Tendulkar's first Test ton
Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar, who was at the peak of his cricketing powers at the time, recalls how the team’s initiation to technology was a gradual process. Tendulkar uploaded a video to LinkedIn recently, where he spoke of the advantages of technology on his — and the team’s — game.
“I still remember, how in 2002, our dressing room had a laptop and cameras and all sorts of things. I wondered, what is this computer going to do? A computer can’t help me bat. It can’t help Anil Kumble or Javagal Srinath bowl,” he recalled.
However, technology did help them plan better, he said. “It has come to a point that if I go to the analyst in the team right now and ask him about the year 2002, on the tour of South Africa, what did I do in the fourth ball of the 23rd over, within seconds, the answer will pop up. So, our planning became precise,” he said. The times, they were a-changin.
Beyond Cricket: Meet Sachin Tendulkar, The Entrepreneur
The Milestone Man
The God of cricket, Master Blaster for millions of people worldwide, Sachin Tendulkar is an icon. He has to his credit 18,426 runs in One-Day Inetrnational cricket and 15,921 runs in Test cricket. There is so much more to the legend other than just his fantastic on-field performance. Never one to lose sight of his goal, Tendulkar has been able to establish himself as a coveted brand and an entrepreneur. Considering Tendulkar’s illustrious career and multiple endorsements, his estimated net worth is around Rs 118 crores.
As the sporting legend turns a year older, here's a look at his entrepreneurial achievements.
Read More News on
- Paytm First Games ropes in Sachin Tendulkar as brand ambassador
- Sachin Tendulkar lends support to 560 children from economically weaker background
- Sachin Tendulkar celebrates Ganesh Chaturthi on a Zoom call; Taimur builds himself a Lego Ganesha
- A couple of ideas for that lockdown look, inspired by Sachin Tendulkar and Kapil Dev
- Sachin Tendulkar's security downgraded, Aaditya Thackeray's upgraded
- Those five minutes: When Sachin Tendulkar faces six deliveries