Shump: An addictive game with cool music
The name is a play on the words shoot and jump — which is what you have to do to play.
- Snake on a String review: This arcade-style game offers a unique twist on the classic game
- Rocket Dodge review: Addictive, space game that's out of this world
- Bumper.io review: This game will bring back childhood memories
- Sneak Ops is a game right out of an action movie
- Warpside review: Arcade-style game with fantastic graphics, sound effects
Free, for iOS
Shump is a silly but addictive platformer with cool music. The name is a play on the words shoot and jump — which is essentially all you have to do to play.
Your character shoots automatically, you need to move left/right to aim correctly, avoid enemies and jump to the next available platform.
It’s made harder because the level auto-scrolls. Which means if you stay still for too long, it is game over! This is one of those games you play vertically, with the phone held in portrait orientation. As you only have to tap three large buttons on the screen, you can play one- or two-handed.
If you like, you can also swap the position of those buttons around in settings. There are 6 levels, 20 kinds of enemies and 14 bosses to deal with.
The game is ad supported, so you’ll see full screen video ads from time to time. You can disable all ads with a one-time in-app purchase of Rs 399.