- Hours before becoming BCCI boss, Sourav Ganguly watches ISL game with Nita Ambani
- Cheers to Ganguly! Tendulkar congratulates 'Dadi' for BCCI role; Sehwag calls it a 'great sign'
- The object of Dada's affection: No ordinary Rolex, Sourav Ganguly has a Rs 20 lakh Moonphase on his wrist
- ‘You have made Bangla proud’: Mamata Banerjee lauds Ganguly, Twitter erupts in joy, Dada memes at BCCI post
At the airport’s check-in counter, the former Team India captain took a breather to take a selfie with fans who were eager to get a glimpse of the all-rounder. Looking dapper in a striped shirt, with a light-blue sweater, Dada, as he is popularly known, didn’t disappoint. The CISF personnel, in charge of airport security across the country, also seemed quite happy to see the former captain in a new role.
"At the check in airport of Bangalore.. love of people makes u feel so grateful," Ganguly posted on Twitter on Wednesday evening.
At the check in airport of bangalore .. love of people makes u feel so grateful https://t.co/FDP2fwzg6W— Sourav Ganguly (@SGanguly99) 1572454001000
And that tweet, since, has got 79.9K Likes, and has been retweeted 4.7L times, and counting. Fans, of course, couldn’t stop raving about the Kodak moment, with some even calling it an impromptu “press conference.”
The 47-year-old Ganguly was in the IT city to meet his former India teammate and National Cricket Academy's chief Rahul Dravid at the Chinnaswamy stadium. He also visited the proposed site for the new NCA building in Bengaluru, and discussed the organisation’s roadmap with Dravid.
Ganguly, MSD & Other Skippers With Poor Toss-Winning Records
Neither Heads, Nor Tails
Ahead of a T20 game against Sri Lanka last month, the Australian women’s cricket skipper Meg Lanning pulled a bunny out of the hat. She invited her teammate Alyssa Healey to flip the coin at the toss. Reason? Lanning admits to having terrible luck at tosses and here was a trick that was out-of-the-box. It worked as Australia won the toss and the game as well.
It wasn’t for nothing that Richie Benaud said, “Captaincy is 90 per cent luck and 10 per cent skill.” Although he did add, “Don’t try it without that 10 per cent”.
Here’s looking at some cricket skippers who could have done with such quirky solutions after being poor at winning tosses.
(In pic from left: Sourav Ganguly, Meg Lanning, MS Dhoni)
Read More News on
- Bengal Peerless ropes in former cricket captain Sourav Ganguly as brand ambassador
- Expecting highest TV ratings for this IPL season: BCCI President Sourav Ganguly
- Sourav Ganguly's sister-in-law tests positive for coronavirus
- Welcome to the club, Anil Kumble to James Anderson; Sourav Ganguly says 200 Test wickets is greatness
- Domestic cricket will start as and when conditions permit: Sourav Ganguly to BCCI state units
- Suspension of IPL title sponsorship with Vivo just a blip, not a financial crisis: Sourav Ganguly