Coming soon on Android
'Stranger Things' fan? Well, this is the official companion game to season 3 of the series. Although the game was available for other platforms earlier, they just launched on smartphones. If you've already seen all of season 3, the game offers a very similar sequence of events. Since Stranger Things season 3 is set in 1985, the game has a retro vibe with blocky 8-bit style design and tones.
You can take control of one of 12 characters from the show, including Eleven, Joyce, Jim Hopper, Lucas, Dustin, Will and more. You'll have to learn and use each character's special ability so this will be good fun for fans of the show. It is a 2D game but it has modern gameplay mechanics and focuses heavily on teamwork. There's two player local co-op or you can just play with the computer to explore the town of Hawkins.
You'll find many similarities with the show but also a lot more like secret quests, hidden monsters and fights with Russians (and of course, the Mind Flayer). It's worth the asking price because it can take a total of 8 to 10 hours to finish at a stretch. If you don't want to pay, the same developers (BonusXP) are still offering the first game for free.
5 Tech Projects Worth Investing In: Smart Pen, Laptop Stand, Gaming Pad
Tech Of The Future
Not all innovative tech is launched by big brands. Crowdfunding is a great way that small companies with big ideas can get the cash they need to get started.
ET rounds up some of his current favourites.
- 'Stranger Things' star Noah Schnapp's Twitter account hacked
- Netflix India makes 'Binod' memes on 'Stranger Things', 'Sex Education', netizens have a hearty laugh
- Breaking records: 'Stranger Things' season 3 watched by 40 mn Netflix users in less than a week
- Netflix to continue 'Stranger Things' production in Georgia till the abortion law gets implemented
- Filmmaker drops idea theft lawsuit against creators of 'Stranger Things' on the eve of trial
- 'Stranger Things' fans, rejoice! Now you can play a game based on the show