The 67-year-old actor was taken to H N Reliance hospital by his family on Wednesday morning.
"He is in the hospital. He is suffering from cancer and he has some breathing problem, so he has been admitted to the hospital. He is stable now," Randhir told PTI.
The actor returned to India last September after undergoing treatment for cancer in the US for almost a year.
In February, Kapoor was hospitalised twice due to his health issues.
He was first admitted to a hospital in Delhi where he was attending a family function. At the time, Kapoor had said that he was suffering from an "infection".
After his return to Mumbai, he was again admitted to a hospital with viral fever. He was discharged soon after.
Kapoor, who has been quite active on social media, hasn't posted anything on his Twitter account since April 2.
The actor recently announced his next project, a remake of Hollywood film "The Intern", also featuring Deepika Padukone.
'Piku', 'The Lunchbox' & 'Hindi Medium': Remembering Irrfan Khan With Some Of His Finest Mo...
The Final Goodbye
Actor Irrfan Khan's sudden demise has left a void in our hearts. As the actor bid farewell to the world surrounded by his family and loved ones, the Indian film industry lost one of its brighest stars.
After battling rare cancer in 2018, he always took life as it came. Sharing a touching account of his battle with cancer with The Times Of India, he had said, 'As if I was tasting life for the first time, the magical side of it'.
From tickling our funny bone to leaving us awe-struck with intense scenes, he has never failed to entertain us in his career spanning over three decades.
While it is not possible to pick the best works from his expansive career, we have tried to compile a list of his finest movies that can be your tribute to him as you stay indoors.
- Rishi Kapoor's ancestral home in Pakistan, 'Kapoor Haveli', faces demolition threat
- Rishi Kapoor's on-screen legacy will live on as the romantic hero & the quintessential entertainer
- Rishi Kapoor and Chuni Goswami: Two star players on two playing fields
- Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor discharged from hospital, rubbishes cancer rumours
- FIR against actor Kamaal R Khan for derogatory tweets about Rishi Kapoor and Irrfan Khan
- Rishi Kapoor's ashes immersed in Banganga tank in Mumbai; prayer meet held at his home
3 Comments on this Story
pankaj roy101 days ago
Mon Khan101 days ago
how does he even have cancer
Er.sanjeev Koul101 days ago
Best wishes for a speedey recovery.