Xiaomi launches Redmi 6 Pro: Brings notch to the budget-smartphone user
It comes with a 5.84-inch full screen display, massive 4000 mAh battery, AI dual camera.
In a first from Xiaomi, this smartphone features the notch-display. For those who aren't fans of the notch, it can be hidden with black bars at the top for a uniform look.
Yesterday we launched #Redmi6Pro in China, as the newest member of our Redmi family. It comes with a 5.84" full s… https://t.co/N3GpId3WjA— Donovan Sung (@donovansung) 1529979685000
The Redmi 6 Pro arrives with a 5.84-inch, 19:9 display at 2,280 x 1,080 resolution (FHD+), up to 4GB of RAM and up to 64GB internal storage (up to 256GB with microSD card expansion).
We just launched Redmi 6 Pro in China with a 4,000 mAh large battery and a 12MP + 5MP rear dual camera. It also fea… https://t.co/Z5md7oIt9Z— Wang Xiang (@XiangW_) 1529925122000
Here are the specifications of the device:
- A 5.84-inch FHD+ IPS LCD screen with a resolution of 2280×1080 pixels
- Thanks to the notch the phone comes with a 19:9 aspect ratio
- The device is powered by Snapdragon 625 chipset with Adreno 506 to handle the graphics
- Dedicated microSD card slot using which, storage can be expanded up to 256 GB
- The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 9 on top
- 12 MP primary camera and a secondary 5 MP camera
- The 5 MP front-facing camera offers HDR and AI portrait mode
- The phone is 8.75 mm thick and weighs 178 gms
- The 6 Pro packs in a massive 4000 mAh battery
- The Dual SIM smartphone comes with 4G VoLTE 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS and GLONASS
- The smartphone features a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and comes with AI face unlock
The smartphone comes in 3 variants:
- 3 GB RAM/32 GB storage
- 4 GB RAM/ 32 GB storage
- 4 GB RAM 64 GB internal storage
The smartphone will be available in 5 colours: Stone Black, Sand Gold, Cherry Blossom Powder (pink), Bali Blue, and Flame Red.
The device is expected to soon make a foray in the Indian market too, however, there’s no official word on it.