Hi there! From ETMarkets.com, this is Kuheena Sharma with Your Evening Briefing.
LET’S START WITH THE TOP HEADLINES AT THIS HOUR
>> Sensex and Nifty logged their biggest fall in over a month today. >> Automobile sales witnessed sharpest decline in nearly 19 years in July, dropping 18.71 per cent. >> Reliance shares saw their biggest intraday rise in more than a decade on Tuesday, after the company set a target to reach zero net debt in 18 months >> Sun Pharma on Tuesday said profit jumped 31 per cent on a yearly basis to Rs 1,387 crore.
Now, a quick look at what happened in the stock market.
Sensex tumbled 624 points to 36,958 while NSE’s Nifty ended at 10,925, down 183.80 points.
In the 30-pack Sensex, 27 stocks ended in the red and three in the green with YES Bank finishing as the worst performer and RIL the best.
The BSE Midcap index declined 2.35 per cent underperforming benchmark Sensex while the BSE Smallcap index ended 1.47 per cent lower.
1) What went wrong with the market today? Was the fall due to global or local factors? Sanjeev Hota of Sharekhan has the answers.
2) If we exclude gains of RIL, Sun Pharma and Power Grid, the rest of the companies in Sensex dragged the index by over 1,000 points. Mr Hota, why did we see this panic selling today?
3) How much more pain is left in the market, Mr Hota?
On the options front, maximum Put open interest was seen at 11,000 followed by 10,700 levels while maximum Call OI was at 11,000 followed by 11,500 levels.
What’s F&O segment indicating? Rohit Singre, Senior Technical Analyst at LKP Securities will answer that
5) Why did Nifty VIX spike over 13% today? Mr Rohit will answer that
6) How Nifty and Bank Nifty are looking on charts after today’s downfall? Manav Chopra of Indiabulls Ventures has the details That’s all for now, folks. Do check out ETMarkets.com for detailed market analysis and download the ETMarkets app on your phone for round-the-clock market coverage, investment tips and dozens of stock recommendations. Have a pleasant evening!