“The BJP did the same in the 2015 elections when Amit Shah said ‘firecrackers would go off in Pakistan if the BJP lost’ and the RJD alliance won,” RJD spokesman Mrityunjay Tiwari told ET. “We emerged as the largest party in Bihar even then, and now, we are being accused of sheltering terrorists – so did the people choose a party in 2015 which promotes terror?”
“This is an insult of the Bihari people and we knew they (BJP) would want to polarise the agenda like this and divert attention from real issues,” Tiwari said.
RJD’s chief ministerial candidate Tejashwi Yadav questioned the JDU-BJP alliance’s governance in the state, saying “what about the terror of unemployment in Bihar?”
Read More News on
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- NDA will retain power with two-thirds majority, Nitish Kumar will be CM: Nityanand Rai
- RJD rebukes Union minister of state for home and BJP leader Nityanand Rai's remark
- Delhi riots were 'big conspiracy' to disturb country, says MoS Nityanand Rai
- No BJP worker can incite violence: Nityanand Rai on JNU attack
- Development of North East region has been the priority for the Government: Nityanand Rai
- Bardhaman railway station to be named after Batukeshwar Dutt: Nityanand Rai
2 Comments on this Story
Kedar Yadav43 days ago
RJD has not change the only better things to see is those who don't change are flushed with time so, the lalu yadav.
with the coming time many such political leaders and even parties vl be flushed for nothing.i see many educated people are participating and since long time they are participating but their were negligible people who recognized them ,so they lost ans other at the same platform couldn't stand.
hope as the maya,shushil,lalu gone into the hell remaining would follow the same line to clear the new platform.
Pankaj Sharma43 days ago
What wrong Nityanand said ? Have you (RJD) ever talked against terrorism ? Have ever criticized Kashmiri boys raising ISIS and Pakistan flags and chanting slogan for Pakistan and against India.
Have you ever slammed LeT chief, JeM Chief and any other time Pakistan or have ever welcomed removal of article 370 ?
You have always depended on MY (MUSLIM & YADAV VOTE BANKS), then I presume, what Nityand said it truth.