!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Biden's win over Trump in Nevada made official by court
Pennsylvania certifies Joe Biden as winner of Presidential vote
Dow hits all-time high on Biden transition, rebound hopes
A Milwaukee County spokesman says the recounting of the presidential election results in that county could be completed as soon as Wednesday and no later than Friday
President-elect Joe Biden is preparing to formally announce his national security team to the nation
Oil hits highest since March on vaccine and Biden transition
Stocks climb on Wall Street as Biden transition begins
Stock markets mostly rose Tuesday as news that Trump's team will now work with Biden ahead of his inauguration built on optimism that vaccines could soon be rolled out around the world.
Biden begin a new phase in his transition after Trump administration gave the Democrat access to critical resources that will enable him to take the reins of power in January.
South Korea anticipates working closely with US President-elect Joe Biden's pick for secretary of state, Antony Blinken, the foreign ministry says.
President Trump's defeat will make it a lot easier for Democrats to finally get his tax returns. Once Joe Biden controls the Treasury Department, his administration could simply hand over the long-sought records to its allies in Congress, who have been fighting in court to force Trump to hand them over.
Who's in line to be Joe Biden's Head of Treasury?
Biden said last week he has chosen a treasury secretary and will announce the pick by Thursday's U.S. Thanksgiving holiday.
Janet Yellen - The former Fed chair is believed to be the top candidate for Treasury secretary in Democratic and monetary policy circles. She deepened the central bank's focus on workers and inequality and has remained active in policy debates at the Brookings Institution think-tank since Republican President Donald Trump replaced her as head of the central bank in 2018.
Lael Brainard - She is a member of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors and a former undersecretary for international affairs during the 2009 global financial crisis. Brainard has voted against regulatory rollbacks on banks but could face criticism from liberals who want a less moderate choice.
Sarah Bloom Raskin - She formerly served as a Fed governor and deputy Treasury secretary, the only woman so far to hold the second-in-command role at the agency. A lawyer and former state financial regulator in Maryland, she has worked in finance and currently serves as a director with Vanguard, the investment giant with $6 trillion in assets under management.
Meet Biden's Cabinet: Jake Sullivan(National Security Adviser)
Biden’s national security adviser when he served as vice president to President Barack Obama, Sullivan also served as deputy chief of staff to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. He was named Biden's national security adviser on Monday.
Meet Biden's Cabinet: Anthony Blinken (Secretary of State)
A longtime Biden confidant who served as No. 2 at the State Department and as deputy national security adviser in President Barack Obama's administration, Blinken was named Biden's choice for secretary of state by the president-elect's campaign on Monday.
After the Trump campaign requested a recount of the presidential ballots in Georgia, state election officials were working to finalize the details of how and when that will be done.
The election results certified last week by Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger showed Democrat Joe Biden beating Republican President Donald Trump by 12,670 votes out of about 5 million cast, or about 0.25%.
All states must certify before the Electoral College meets on Dec. 14, and any challenge to the results must be resolved by Dec. 8.
Florida is the only one of the four most populous states to certify. Deadlines are early next month for the others: California, Texas and New York.
A total of 16 states have so far certified their results, awarding President-elect Joe Biden 54 of his 306 Electoral College votes and Trump 73 of his 232 votes.
States have begun certifying their results from the Nov. 3 presidential election in the run-up to the Electoral College meeting in mid-December.
India has to be a key partner in engaging China from position of strength
- Antony Blinken
Taiwan says is having 'good interactions' with Biden team
Awaiting Yellen at Treasury: Yet another daunting crisis
- Janet Yellen is in line for another top economic policy job - just in time to confront yet another crisis.
- She became Fed chair in 2014 when the economy was still recovering from the devastating Great Recession. In the late 1990s, she was President Bill Clinton's top economic adviser during the Asian financial crisis. And now, she has been chosen to lead Treasury with the economy in the grip of a surging viral epidemic.
Trump Wars II: The loser strikes back
- We all knew that Donald Trump would react badly to defeat. But his refusal to concede, the destructiveness of his temper tantrum and the willingness of almost the entire Republican Party to indulge him have surpassed even pessimists’ expectations.
- Even so, it’s very unlikely that Trump will manage to overturn the election results. But he’s doing all he can to wreck America on his way out, in ways large and small. Among other things, his officials are already trying to sabotage the economy, setting the stage for a possible financial crisis on Joe Biden’s watch.
Biden’s choice for secretary of Defense still in flux
In Biden's foreign policy duo, he has a team - but not of rivals
Majority voters believe US elections were fair, Trump must concede defeat: Poll
- A "strong majority" of voters said that the recently concluded US Presidential elections were fair and President Donald Trump must concede defeat to President-elect Joe Biden, according to a poll.
- Citing the latest Harvard CAPS-Harris survey, The Hill reported that nearly two out of three voters believe that Biden won the election and 58 per cent of voters said that the time has come for Trump to concede defeat.
Biden's transition team to begin meeting with federal officials
Biden to name ex-Fed chair Janet Yellen as first female US Treasury chief
- Joe Biden has chosen former Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen to serve as treasury secretary, a pivotal role in which she would help shape and direct his economic policies at a perilous time.
- Yellen, who is widely admired in the financial world, would be the first woman to lead the Treasury Department in a line stretching back to Alexander Hamilton in 1789. Her nomination was confirmed to The Associated Press by a person who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss Biden's plans.
Joe Biden to get his delayed presidential transition aid
- Donald Trump
Biden signals US diplomatic shift with new team
Trump finally agrees to Biden transition - but still not conceding
- President Donald Trump came his closest yet to admitting election defeat after the government agency meant to ease Joe Biden's transition into the White House said it was finally lifting its unprecedented block on assistance.
- Trump acknowledged it was time for the General Services Administration to "do what needs to be done."
- In the same tweet he insisted that he was still refusing to concede, saying: "Our case STRONGLY continues, we will keep up the good fight, and I believe we will prevail!"
Trump campaign says it will continue legal fight after Michigan certification
Georgia sets timeline for Trump-requested vote recount