Wrap up: All you need to know about the news that matter
- Belgium, once hard-hit, reports zero coronavirus deaths for first time since March
- Thoothukudi custodial death case: Court sends 5 accused cops to 3-day CBI remand
- Sanjay Jha has been suspended from Congress party with immediate effect
- Ghislaine Maxwell pleads not guilty to luring girls for late financier Epstein
- Jaipur: Rajasthan ministers leave from the residence of Ashok Gehlot for Fairmont Hotel
- India's Lupin shuts drug plant after 17 staff test positive for COVID-19
- West Bengal extends total lockdown in containment zones to July 19
- No one should be turned away from hospital due to higher cost of treatment: SC
- Gujarat reported 915 cases of COVID-19 & 14 deaths in the last 24 hours
- Units in industrial estates in Bengaluru can open, no curbs on movement of workers
- 1656 new COVID19 positive cases, 28 deaths reported in Uttar Pradesh
- 1,390 COVID19 positive cases and 24 deaths reported in West Bengal today
- 346 COVID-19 positive cases and 128 cases of recovery reported in Jammu and Kashmir
- Telangana crosses 37,000 mark in Covid cases
- 247 COVID-19 positive cases, 3 deaths and 77 recovered cases reported in Jharkhand today
- 170 new COVID-19 positive cases and 67 recovered cases reported in Goa today
- 93 new COVID19 positive cases reported in Madhya Pradesh's Indore today
- Karnataka govt orders lockdown in Bengaluru area to combat the spread of COVID19 for a period of 7 days
Karnataka government orders lockdown in Bengaluru area to combat the spread of COVID19 for a period of 7 days with effect from 8:00 pm on 14th July 2020 to 5:00 am on 22nd July 2020.
Shops, including ration shops (PDS), dealing with food, groceries, fruits & vegetables, dairy & milk booths, meat & fish, animal fodder to open from 5 am to 12 pm. Home delivery of essential items shall be encouraged.
- Karnataka government
Rajasthan Congress in-charge Avinash Pande dissolves State Executive unit, all other depts & cells of Rajasthan PCC. He says, "The new State Executive unit, all departments and cells will be constituted after new PCC chief (Govind Singh Dotasara) was appointed today."
93 new COVID19 positive cases reported in Madhya Pradesh's Indore today
- This takes the total number of positive cases in the district to 5,496.
- Death toll in the district stands at 278.
Jammu & Kashmir: Today at about 7:45 pm, Pakistan initiated unprovoked ceasefire violation by firing with small arms and shelling with mortars along LoC in Akhnoor Sector. Indian Army retaliated.
170 new COVID-19 positive cases and 67 recovered cases reported in Goa today
The total number of positive cases in the state rises to 2753 including 18 deaths
Tamil Nadu: Madurai Dist Collector announces continuation in curfew relaxations in the district - all kinds of shops will open from 6 am to 8 pm, 50% of people allowed to dine in hotels, liquor shops to open from 10 am to 8 pm.
Congress leaders Qazi Nizamuddin, Joginder Singh Awana, Shafia Zubair, Mahendra Choudhary, Neeraj Dangi, Hakam Ali & Manisha Panwar at Fairmont Hotel in Jaipur.
Ghislaine Maxwell pleads not guilty to luring girls for late financier Epstein
In Rajasthan state cabinet meeting today, proposal to be sent to the centre to designate Eastern Rajasthan Canal Projects a national project was approved. Also decided to establish 'One Stop Shop' system in state for quick approval to proposals of investment over Rs 10 Crore.
757 patients discharged today in Assam
- The total COVID19 positive cases in the state stand at 17,807
- This includes 12,173 discharged cases and 46 deaths
247 COVID-19 positive cases, 3 deaths and 77 recovered cases reported in Jharkhand today
- The total number of positive cases in the state rises to 4,225
- This includes 36 deaths and 2428 recovered cases
Telangana crosses 37,000 mark in Covid cases
- Telangana on Tuesday reported 1,524 new Covid positive cases.
- This takes the total to 37,745 Covid positive cases so far.
- The state on Tuesday suffered 10 Covid deaths.
- As on Tuesday, the state has 12,531 active cases.
- Over the last 24 hours, Telangana tested 13,175 samples, the highest single-day tests so far.
- This takes the total to 1,95,024 tests thus far.
Jaipur: Rajasthan ministers leave from the residence of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot for Fairmont Hotel, after the state cabinet and Council of Ministers meetings concluded.
Jaipur: The state cabinet and Council of Ministers meetings at the residence of Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot have now concluded.
Mortality rate among COVID-19 patients is 1% as against 2.7% national average. Recovery rate stands at 65.4% in Telangana. Out of the active cases, 80% cases are in Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation area: Srinivasa Rao, Director of Telangana Public Health & Family Welfare
Sanjay Jha has been suspended from Congress party with immediate effect "for anti-party activities and breach of discipline."
86% of active coronavirus cases confined to 10 states; Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu account for 50% of them: Government
PM Narendra Modi will deliver a video address on World Youth Skills Day tomorrow. The day marks the 5th anniversary of the launch of Skill India Mission. A Digital Conclave is being organized by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship to mark the occasion.
346 COVID-19 positive cases and 128 cases of recovery reported in Jammu and Kashmir today
- The total number of positive cases in the union territory rises to 11,173
- This includes 6223 recovered cases and 195 deaths
Not more than 20 people are allowed at wedding functions and not more than 10 people at family functions, birthday and other celebrations. Twenty people can participate in the last rites: Madhya Pradesh Home Department
No one should be turned away from hospital due to higher cost of treatment: Supreme Court
Karnataka Cabinet Minister K S Eshwarappa under self-quarantine after house help tests positive for COVID-19
Harsh Vardhan discusses bilateral health cooperation including COVID-19 management with Australian counterpart
969 new COVID-19 cases reported in Mumbai, Maharashtra today, taking active cases to 22,828. Death toll has reached 5,402, with 70 more patients losing their lives in the last 48 hours in Mumbai. Recovery rate stands at 70 per cent: Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation
Centre's amendment of election rules amid #COVID19 puts lakhs of lives at risk, raises serious concerns regarding a free & fair electoral process &deprives all stakeholders of equal opportunities. I urge Election Commission to ensure this decision is reversed.
- DMK President MK Stalin
Jawed Ashraf, presently Ambassador of India to France, has been concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Principality of Monaco, with residence in Paris.
The Dy CM said that BJP-JJP government is contemplating 50-percent reservation of women in panchayats and taking feedback from its own sources. He said that MLAs of the both parties have also brainstormed on this issue and would announce final decision soon: Haryana Dy CM office
West Bengal extends total lockdown in containment zones to July 19: Home Department
Babri mosque demolition trial: Shiv Sena leader's statement to be recorded through video link
Shashi Tharoor tweets about Sachin Pilot
India's Lupin shuts drug plant after 17 staff test positive for COVID-19
Belgium, once hard-hit, reports zero coronavirus deaths for first time since March
Wishing my Cabinet colleague Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa Ji a speedy recovery. He has tested positive for Covid-19 today. Looking forward to having you rejoin us soon again: Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister's Office (CMO)
Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy (in file pic) has decided to provide Rs 15,000 for last rites of those dying due to #COVID19. The CM asked the officials to immediately implement it. He took this decision at COVID review meeting.
Felicitations to my dear friend Emmanuel Macron and the friendly people of France on the occasion of Bastille Day! We are committed to further strengthening India's important strategic partnership with France, and expanding our cooperation.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi
1,390 COVID19 positive cases, 718 cases of discharege and 24 deaths reported in West Bengal today
The total number of positive cases in the state rises to 32,838
This includes 19,931 cases of discharge and 980 deaths
1656 new COVID19 positive cases, 778 cases of discharge and 28 deaths reported in Uttar Pradesh in the last 24 hours
- The total number of active cases in the state stands at 13,760
- Total discharged cases 24,981 and total death toll 983
Units in industrial estates in Bengaluru can open, no curbs on movement of workers
Gujarat reported 915 cases of COVID-19 & 14 deaths in the last 24 hours, taking state's tally to 43,723 including 30,555 discharges & 2,071 deaths
Thoothukudi custodial death case: Court sends 5 accused cops to 3-day CBI remand
Tata's Chandrasekaran, Lockheed Martin's Taiclet to receive USIBC Global Leadership Award
India Meteorological Department
Mumbai's Santacruz and Colaba areas received 68 mm and 20 mm rainfall respectively between 8:30 am to 5.30 pm today. Moderate to heavy spell of rainfall is most likely to continue during next 2-3 hours.
SBI to institute work-from-anywhere infrastructure, hopes to save Rs 1,000 crore
Delhi: Meeting of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs to be held tomorrow over COVID-19 management.
699 COVID-19 cases and four deaths reported in Haryana today
Now the number of active cases and the death toll stands at 5,226 and 312 respectively
5,650 RTPCR/CBNAAT/TrueNat tests and 15,413 Rapid antigen tests conducted today. A total of 7,13,908 tests done so far.
- Government of Delhi
1606 COVID19 positive cases, 1924 recovered/discharged/migrated and 35 deaths reported in Delhi today
- The total number of positive cases in the national capital rises to 1,15,346
- This includes 93,236 recovered/discharged/migrated and 3,446 deaths
Punjab recorded 340 new COVID-19 cases and nine deaths today
78 new COVID19 positive cases reported in Uttarakhand today
Karnataka reported 2,496 new COVID-19 cases and 87 deaths in the last 24 hours
This takes active cases to 25,839 and death toll to 842.
Bengaluru reported highest 1,267 cases today, followed by Mysuru at 125 cases
4,526 people tested positive for COVID-19 and 67 patients died in Tamil Nadu today
- This taking total cases to 1,47,324 including 97,310 recoveries and 2,099 deaths.
- 41,357 samples were tested today for the disease
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, along with state ministers, leave from Fairmont Hotel for his residence.
My heartfelt thanks and gratitude to all those who have come out in my support today, tweets Sachin Pilot.
Young leaders must not be neglected, says Sumitra Mahajan
Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan on Kerala Gold Smuggling
Call records reveal that M Sivasankar (former principal secretary of Kerala CM) had telephonic conversation with two gold smuggling accused, including a woman. Based on the new finding the Chief Secretary will initiate a probe.
A panel headed by Chief Secretary is conducting a probe. Once it submits the report, the government will take appropriate action: Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Kerala Gold Smuggling case
59 office bearers of Tonk unit of Congress party in Rajasthan tender their resignations in protest against the removal of Sachin Pilot as the Deputy CM and Rajasthan PCC Chief