Most Read Business News
Last updated on 9 Aug,2020 02:10 AM Refresh
- Reopening of schools: Seniors classes may resume from September 1, others to followThe decision is likely to be notified as part of the final unlock guidelines to be issued later this month which would guide the states on unlocking the remaining activities after August 31.
- Tick-borne virus: All you need to know about the disease that has killed 7 in ChinaBelonging to the Bunyavirus category, China isolated the pathogen of the virus first in 2011. First identified in China, the virus has also been reported in Japan and Korea.
- Vodafone Idea now a negative Rs 19,500 crore networth firm“Our key concern is undercutting capex to conserve cash. While qoq capex decline is understandable given the Covid impact, the extent is surprising and we see structural risks,” Bank of America Merrill Lynch said in a note.
- No extension of loan moratorium, but RBI introduces debt resolution plan for eligible borrowersAnalysts said the step was in the right direction and would cover roughly 50-55 per cent of the loans in the banking system.
- Here are the things Indians have been spending their cash on during the coronavirus pandemicConsumers around the world are showing an increased interest in safeguarding their health and boosting their immunity. In India, that often means ayurveda, the country’s ancient system of medicine. Here are a few of the products shoppers in the world’s biggest open consumer market have been stocking up on.
- SBI chief, three MDs asked to interview for bank's top job; signs point to Rajnish extensionWhile it would appear to be unprecedented for a chairman to be part of a panel to be interviewed for the position he already holds, it may, according to people familiar with the situation, send a message that the government prefers tried and tested hands in key positions instead of risking a new leader at a time when the financial system is facing unprecedented crises.
- Falling positivity rate may be a pointer to Bengaluru hitting peak in Covid-19 daily countIn about 30-40 days, the daily cases in Bengaluru will fall below 1,000, and taper further after that. “The first wave is ebbing, but there should be no room for complacency as it may lead to another wave ” Munish Moudgil, who heads the Covid-19 war room said.
- View: We seem to be headed for a Greater Recession, worse than financial crisisWhat we’re looking at now may be another shock, a sort of economic second wave, almost as severe in monetary terms as the first. And unlike the pandemic, this shock will be entirely self-generated.
- Budgam 'friendly fire' accused IAF officers seek to stop court martialCharged IAF officers demand access to full inquiry report after air force invokes national security clause. Usually, the court of inquiry report is shared with the accused so that they can prepare a defence.