Most Read Business News
Last updated on 30 Nov,2020 04:51 PM Refresh
- Is the stock market open today?For the week, Sensex rose 267.47 points or 0.60 per cent, while Nifty added 109.90 points or 0.85 per cent.
- Burger King IPO opens this week: Key things to know before applyingThe company intends to use the proceeds on rolling out of new company-owned Burger King restaurants and repayment or prepayment of outstanding borrowings.
- China scientists claim virus born in India; West experts refuteChinese scientists are now arguing that the coronavirus originated in India in July-Aug 2019 when an unbearable heatwave in May-June that year forced animals and humans to share the same water sources.
- Can improve DHFL offer, forfeit deposit of those against recovery of public money: AdaniThe Adani Group, which had initially bid only for DHFL's wholesale and Slum Rehabilitation Authority (SRA) portfolio, in the revised offer submitted on November 17 bid for the entire book, offering a total of Rs 30,000 crore plus interest of Rs 3,000 crore, a source in lenders consortia said.
- FPIs may hit pause on India F&O markets from tomorrowFrom Tuesday, market participants will be subject to peak margin reporting, which involves routine checks by clearing corporations associated with a stock exchange, to ensure that clients meet their intraday trading margin requirements.
- Economists upgrade GDP forecasts after Q2 surpriseNomura raised its FY21 growth estimate to an 8.2% contraction from a 10.8% decline seen earlier “to reflect the Q3 (Q2FY21) outturn and faster normalisation so far in Q4 (Q3FY21),” economists Sonal Varma and Aurodeep Nandi said in a note.
- Baba Ramdev on board of Ruchi Soya, brother Ram Bharat to be MDLast year, Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved paid Rs 4,350 crore to take over Ruchi Soya. The acquisition helped Patanjali acquire edible oil plants as also soybean oil brands such as Mahakosh and Ruchi Gold.
- Stock market tries to make a fool of you, and how! Investing gems from Bernard BaruchBaruch said investors need to devote some time, attention and effort while choosing their investments, if they wanted to amass wealthy returns.
- Mutual funds to buy a Rs 70-lakh home in five yearsIf you have any mutual fund queries, message on ET Mutual Funds on Facebook. We will get it answered by our panel of experts.
- RBI policy review, Burger King IPO & auto sales among factors that will sway market this weekThis truncated week will see the release of auto sales data and PMI readings, the kick start of Burger King IPO, RBI's policy review, OPEC's virtual meet and investors' reaction to India slipping into recession.