Mandsaur Lok Sabha constituency is witnessing a contest between sitting BJP MP Sudhir Gupta and Congress' Menakshi Natarajan.
- Congress aims at 2018 election momentum, BJP 2014-like sweep
- Congress fields Jyotiraditya Scindia from Guna, Manish Tewari from Anandpur Sahib
- 'Kamal Nath's loan waiver comes with several riders'
- Kamal Nath takes oath as Madhya Pradesh CM: 10 things you should know about 'Indira's third son'
- Waiver talk aided Congress, 2019 a different story: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Mamata, Mayawati invited for Kamal Nath's swearing-in on December 17
- Kamal Nath to contest Assembly polls from one of 3 Chhindwara seats
The nine-time Lok Sabha member from Chhindwara was Thursday night elected as the leader of Congress Legislature Party (CLP).
- It will be a smooth affair as no strings attached: Kamal Nath
Madhya Pradesh CM Kamal Nath tells that putting the state finances in order and attending to the agriculture sector would be his first priorities.
- 30 years on, Jyotiraditya Scindia misses out on CM's post like dad
Madhavrao was so confident of being given the post that he had flown down from Delhi and camped in the state for two days.
- Gwalior-Chambal loss: Yashodhara Raje Scindia targets Narendra Singh Tomar
The BJP won only seven of the 34 seats in Gwalior-Chambal region, against 20 in 2013.
- The night when Kamal Nath’s and Scindia’s pre-ordered dinner went cold
“We got really demoralised at that point. Hunne Socha Yeh Sab Kya Ho Raha Hai (We wondered what was happening),” a leader said.
- BSP remained key player in a few of MP’s SC constituencies
In the 2018 MP assembly polls, BSP put up a good show in Karera assembly seat by bagging more than 40,000 votes.
- MP's former "happiness" minister Lal Singh Arya says more rallies by PM Modi could have improved BJP's tally
Arya, the incumbent MLA from Gohad, failed to get re-elected this time.
- Congress picks Kamal Nath as the new chief minister of Madhya Pradesh
Kamal Nath faced a tough challenge from Jyotiraditya Scindia, a former junior minister and a MP from Guna.
- MP polls: NOTA got more votes than victory margin in 22 seats
NOTA even `outperformed' some of the parties such as the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and Samajwadi Party (SP), getting more votes across the state than them.
- Women MLAs' number falls in MP Assembly
In the just concluded state polls, 17 women candidates won as against 31 lawmakers in the last Assembly.
- Angry NOTA votes knock out 4 BJP ministers in MP
The number of no-choice votes crossed victory margins in a whopping 22 constituencies, felling four powerful BJP ministers.
- People of all 5 states decided that it has to be a non-BJP government: Jyotiraditya Scindia
Rahul Gandhi has very clearly demonstrated his leadership capability not just within the Congress party but also among the people of India, said Scindia.
- Madhya Pradesh poll closest so far in the country
The closest elections before this were in Chhattisgarh, where the difference in vote share in 2013 was 0.7%, and in Karnataka in 2008, when the gap between the Congress and the BJP was 0.8% (Congress had a vote share of 34.76% and BJP 33.86%).
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan: The 'Mama' who held sway in Madhya Pradesh for 13 years
During his 15-year-tenure in the office, Chouhan transformed himself from being a shy, simple and vulnerable politician to a wily leader with mass appeal.
- Congress claims support of 121 MLAs in MP
The Congress won 114 seats in the state polls, but was two short of the simple majority mark of 116 in the 230-member Assembly.
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan accepts responsibility for BJP's defeat in MP
The three-time CM, who tendered his resignation to Governor Anandiben Patel earlier in the day, said the BJP will not stake claim to form government in the state.
- Decks clear for Congress government in MP; Chouhan submits resignation
"As we have not got clear majority, we are not going to stake claim to form the government. And I am going to the Governor to resign as the Chief Minister," Chouhan said here.
- BSP chief Mayawati supports Congress in Madhya Pradesh
"Even though we don't agree with many of Congress's policies we have agreed to support them in Madhya Pradesh and if need be in Rajasthan,"Mayawati said.
- Congress set to end Shivraj Singh Chouhan's 15 year reign in Madhya Pradesh
The party is, however, two short of the simple majority mark, 116 seats, in the 230-member Assembly. The BJP was close behind with 109 seats.
- ‘Lone wolf’ Shivraj Singh Chouhan staved off a rout
Chouhan had sensed the mood very early. In July, he announced Jan Suraksha Yojana, covering women and underprivileged, and embarked on yatra after yatra to increase his connect with the masses.
- BJP made it neck and neck due to Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Shivraj Singh Chouhan went to every constituency almost twice during a four-month campaign.
- Kamal Nath leads race to become Madhya Pradesh chief minister
Supporters of both Nath, the party’s state unit chief, and Scindia, the head of the party’s campaign committee in the state, indulged in competitive sloganeering outside the office.
- In swift move, Congress seeks to meet Governor in Madhya Pradesh
Shivraj Chouhan and Kamal Nath said to have personally approached MLAs for support.
- Madhya Pradesh polls: Kamal Nath gives a tough fight to BJP's 'Kamal'
According to available results and leads Tuesday night, the Congress accounted for 111 wins and leads in the 230-member state Assembly.
- MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan wins his seat
Chouhan's BJP and the opposition Congress are locked in a neck-and-neck contest in the state in the Assembly polls.
- Mayawati as kingmaker in MP? The possibilities
Although it is not possible for the BSP to afford to support the BJP, it (BSP) may prefer to give outside support to Congress in case of a hung assembly in MP.
- It's anybody's game in Madhya Pradesh, independents to play a key role
The Election Commission leads show Congress leading in 108 seats and the BJP on 110 in the 230-member assembly and the BSP leading on as many as five seats and Independents on two seats.
- Trends reflect people's desire for change: Jyotiraditya Scindia
Scindia, who spearheaded the Congress campaign in Madhya Pradesh, said he was very confident that the Congress would form the government in the state.
- Congress hoardings declare Kamal Nath CM; BJP camp tense
The mood at the BJP office in Bhopal was sombre until chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan arrived in the afternoon for a surprise 15 minute-long visit and dismissed Nath’s claim to his chair.
- Kamal Nath in Delhi; Shivraj Singh Chouhan holds e-chat with all candidates
Leaders of both the Congress and the BJP are having some anxious moments with exit polls predicting a photo-finish.
- Factionalism a thing of past, unity our strength in MP polls: Jyotiraditya Scindia
Jyotiraditya Scindia, who spearheaded an energetic and spirited campaign for the Congress in Madhya Pradesh, said there is an "uprising for change" in the state.
- MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan calls himself 'biggest pollster', predicts BJP win
"I am the biggest surveyor (pollster) as I remain in the midst of public all day long. The BJP is set to romp home," Chouhan told reporters.
- Madhya Pradesh polls: High Court disposes of Cong leader's plea on EVMs
Congress leader Naresh Saraf's petition alleged that, after the polling was over, attempts were made to tamper with the polled EVM-VVPATs in Bhopal, Satna, Shajapur, Sagar and Khandwa.
- Madhya Pradesh exit polls predict close contest between BJP and Congress
In the last assembly polls in 2013, the BJP had won 165 seats, the Congress 58, the BSP four and independents three.
- Election Commission allays Congress fear of EVM ‘tampering’ in Madhya Pradesh
EC added that the DEO had demonstrated to some candidates that no person had even come close to the strong room area.
- Madhya Pradesh election results: All you need to know
In 2013, the BJP won 165 seats, up 22 from the previous poll with a 44.88% vote share. The Congress came a distant second with 58 seats down 13 from 2008 and a vote share of 36.38%. The BSP could get only 4 which is 4%.
- BJP will get comfortable majority in Madhya Pradesh: CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Some individuals might have faced anti-incumbency at some places, but not against the government, the chief minister said, asserting that there was no anti-incumbency.
- Madhya Pradesh Elections: Opinion polls pin hopes on BJP to form the government
Issues like farm distress, unemployment, corruption and anti-incumbency have been doing the rounds leading up to the polling.
- Madhya Pradesh EVMs safe, under 3-tier vigil: CEO V L Kantha Rao
The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs), kept in strongrooms across the state, will be opened on December 11 for counting.
- BJP's marketing blitz in Madhya Pradesh
BJP’s share in overall ad insertions between August-November was at a whopping 73% in the state.
- MP polls: Congress questions security of EVMs in strongrooms
Former Union minister Suresh Pachouri and some Congress candidates accompanied V L Kantha Rao during his visit to the strongroom.
- Women power in voter queues in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh
Political parties had left much to be desired while giving tickets to women, with the Congress giving just 12% of its tickets in MP to women, and BJP fielding just 10% women candidates in the state.
- EVM faults delay voting, do not impact results: Rawat
In an interview to TOI, Rawat clarified that EVMs were time-tested, robust machines with minimal malfunction rate.