Wrap up: All you need to know about the news that matter
- AI pilot unions demand removal of DGCA chief Arun Kumar over Kozhikode plane crash comments
- An earthquake of magnitude 4.0 struck 43 km south of Moirang, Manipur at 7:27 pm today
- Pranab Mukherjee's condition worsens, on ventilator support post surgery
- Out of 75k daily tests only 6100 are RT-PCR: Bihar CM to PM
- Fitch flags loan recast scheme; says will extend uncertainty over banks' asset quality
- Nepal halves entry points for Indians, extends suspension of flights until August 31
- French privacy watchdog opens investigation into TikTok
- Facebook Announces New Policy For News Publishers Connected To Political Entities
- Use of wide-body aircraft at Kozhikode Airport during the monsoon season has been banned: DGCA
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Mitu Singh leaves from Enforcement Directorate (ED) office.
- Government tightens norms for import of certain chemicals
- Fake followers racket case: Crime Branch issues summon to Sagar Gokhale, co-founder of Qyuki Digital Media
- MLAs in Gehlot camp annoyed after Pilot's return: Mahesh Joshi
- Income Tax Department searches premises of Chinese entities
A fire broke out at the medical shop of Diya Multispeciality Hospital in Thane at around 11 pm. A fire engine rushed to the site. Four COVID-19 patients admitted to the ICU ward of the hospital are being shifted: Thane Municipal Corporation, Maharashtra
Himachal Pradesh HC has directed not to shift COVID-19 patients from Sirmaur & Solan to Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Hospital, Shimla unless the hospitals in the districts run out of the capacity to attend the COVID-19 patients & priority will be given to treat them at those very places.
Congress MLA Srinivas Murthy's residence in Bengaluru vandalised, allegedly over an inciting social media post by his nephew. Karnataka Home Minister says, "Issue to be probed but vandalism is not the solution. Additional forces deployed. Action will be taken against miscreants."
Income Tax Department searches premises of Chinese entities
- IT Deptcarried out searches on the premises of Chinese entities, their confederates and some bank employees
- It was revealed that more than 40 bank accounts were created in dummy entities
- These were the accounts through which credits of over Rs 1,000 crore were entered into over the period
Rajasthan: Congress Legislature Party meeting underway at Jaisalmer's Suryagarh hotel
Twitter users can now control who replies to their tweet
MLAs in Gehlot camp annoyed after Pilot's return: Mahesh Joshi
- Congress legislators in the Ashok Gehlot camp on Tuesday expressed their "annoyance" on the return of Sachin Pilot and other dissident MLAs, a senior party leader said.
- However, Chief Minister Gehlot said he has faith in the party's high command and their decision.
- He said the party leadership in Delhi will be apprised of the MLAs' sentiments.
Fake followers racket case: Mumbai Police Crime Branch issues summon to Sagar Gokhale, co-founder of Qyuki Digital Media Pvt Ltd to record his statement.
Maharashtra to cap rates of masks and sanitisers soon: Health Minister
Government tightens norms for import of certain chemicals
- These chemicals have potential to adversely affect the environment.
- The conditions have been tightened for about 18 chemicals.
Mumbai: Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Mitu Singh leaves from Enforcement Directorate (ED) office.
Based on info that few Chinese individuals & their Indian associates were involved in money laundering & hawala transactions through series of shell entities, search action was mounted at various premises of these Chinese entities, their close confederates & bank employees: CBDT
72-hour yajna for Pranab Mukherjee's fast recovery at his ancestral place
- People of Kirnahar area in Birbhum district, his ancestral place, have started a 72-hour yajna for his speedy recovery
- The 84-year-old, who had also tested positive for COVID-19 prior to the surgery
- The yajna at Japeswar Shiva Mandir will go on uninterrupted for three days, the chief priest said
Rajasthan: Congress Legislature Party (CLP) meeting underway at Suryagarh hotel in Jaisalmer
Due to relatively large number of pilgrims visiting Mata Vaishno Devi shrine in Katra, there shall be a ceiling of maximum 5000 pilgrims per day till September 30. A maximum of 500 pilgrims per day will be permitted within this ceiling in a graded manner from outside Jammu & Kashmir
Use of wide-body aircraft at Kozhikode Airport during the monsoon season has been banned: Directorate General of Civil Aviation
Congress MP Pratap Singh Bajwa has written to Director General of Chandigarh police saying, "CM Captain Amarinder Singh and Punjab police DGP are solely responsible for any harm that is caused to my safety".
Facebook Announces New Policy For News Publishers Connected To Political Entities
- News pages with affiliations to political entities will not be eligible for inclusion in Facebook news
- Pages with connections to political entities will still be allowed to register as a news page and advertise on Facebook
- News pages with affiliations to political entities won’t have access to news messaging on messenger business platform/whatsapp business API
French privacy watchdog opens investigation into TikTok
Embassy of Israel has contributed state-of-the-art artificial intelligence based technologies and high-end equipment to the AIIMS, Delhi as part of Israel-India cooperation to fight ongoing COVID-19 pandemic: All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Nepal halves entry points for Indians, extends suspension of flights until August 31
We never spoke or did anything against the party or party leadership. Several people spread many rumours and raised many questions but we remain on the stand that we took 30 days ago.
- Sachin Pilot, Congress
AI pilot unions demand removal of DGCA chief Arun Kumar over Kozhikode plane crash comments
- Kumar said during one of the televised interviews that the plane's "landing was not smooth".
- On another news channel, Kumar stated that the "two fellows are dead...and the landing it seems was not appropriate"
An earthquake of magnitude 4.0 struck 43 km south of Moirang, Manipur at 7:27 pm today: National Center for Seismology
3-day Maha Mrityunjay chants for Pranab's recovery
- Villagers from West Bengal's Birbhum district are performing a three-day religious ritual
- Ritutal is taking place in the ancestral village of former President Pranab Mukherjee for his speedy recovery
- Mukherjee on Tuesday remained on life support and his health bulletin termed his condition 'critical'
If Russia's vaccine is successful, then we will have to see critically whether it is safe and effective... India has the capacity for mass production of vaccine.
- AIIMS Director Randeep Guleria
I have not made any demands with the party. I am an MLA and a Congress worker, I will do whatever party asks me to do: Sachin Pilot on the possibility of getting Deputy CM post again
I heard he used unparliamentary language for Bihar CM also. He said baseless things about Sushant Singh Rajput's father & me that are untrue. He is not aware of facts. He is a responsible person & should not have done this
- Bihar DGP Gupteshwar Pandey on Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut
Pranab Mukherjee's condition worsens, on ventilator support post surgery
- The 84-year-old was admitted to the military hospital around noon on Monday
- He had also tested positive for COVID-19 prior to the surgery
Fitch flags loan recast scheme; says will extend uncertainty over banks' asset quality
- The Reserve Bank's scheme to allow lenders to recast loans will extend uncertainty over the banking sector's asset quality, Fitch Ratings said on Tuesday.
- In a major relief to corporate and retail borrowers, last week RBI permitted banks to go for one-time restructuring of loans that are facing stress due to the COVID-19 crisis with a view to mitigating risks to financial stability.
Out of 75k daily tests only 6100 are RT-PCR: Bihar CM to PM
- Bihar CM in meeting with PM admits that out of 75,000 tests in the state done daily as many as 65,000 are rapid antigen tests are done.
- Rest 6,100 RT-PCR tests are being done.
- Concedes there is a need to increase the number of the "very important" RT-PCR tests to at least 20,000 daily.
Kerala: A man named Ramshad, his pregnant wife and four-year-old daughter escaped Kozhikode Plane Crash with minor injuries.
Industrial production declines 16.6 per cent in June
- Decline was mainly due to lower output of manufacturing, mining and power generation.
- Manufacturing sector production registered a decline of 17.1 per cent.
- Output of mining and power fell 19.8 per cent and 10 per cent, respectively.
I have not demanded any post from party; there should not be any vendetta politics.
- Pilot in Jaipur
Jaipur: Supporters of Congress leader Sachin Pilot raise slogans & welcome him, as he returns to Rajasthan
Pranab Mukherjee's health has not shown any improvement, he remains on ventilator support: Army hospital
BSNL to be privatised, says BJP MP Ananthkumar Hegde, calls staff 'traitors'
Defence Acquisition Council in its meeting held under chairmanship of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh accorded approval for capital acquisitions of various platforms & equipment required by Indian Armed Forces. Proposals for approx cost of Rs 8,722.38 cr approved: Defence Ministry
We have received official clearance from Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to host the 13th edition of Indian Premier League: Emirates Cricket Board UAE
Central Government should authorise the vaccine to be procured and used. It must issue guidelines in this regard: West Bengal Mamata Banerjee in video conference with Prime Minister Narendra Modi today
Regular passenger & suburban train services continue to remain suspended till further notice. 230 special trains, running at present, will continue to operate. Local trains in Mumbai, being run on limited basis only on requisition of state govt, will continue to run: Govt of India
Urdu poet Rahat Indori passes away at the hospital
- He suffered two heart attacks today and could not be saved.
- He was admitted to hospital on Sunday, after testing positive for COVID19.
- He had 60% pneumonia: Dr Vinod Bhandari, Sri Aurobindo Hospital
Rhea Chakraborty's petition seeking transfer of FIR from Patna to Mumbai in connection with the death of Sushant Sing Rajput: Supreme Court asks all parties to file written note of all precedent judgments compiled before the court by Thursday, 13th August.
For the first time in the country, COVID-19 fatality rate has fallen below 2% and is currently at 1.99%: Rajesh Bhushan, Secretary, Health Ministry
Kozhikode plane crash: Air India Express says 74 injured passengers discharged from hospitals
Russia says industrial production of vaccine to start in September
Russia says 20 countries have pre-ordered a billion doses of vaccine
Rajasthan High Court has allowed Asaram Bapu (self-styled godman sentenced for raping a minor girl) to be provided with food from outside jail as advised by ayurvedic doctors: Pradeep Choudhary, Asaram's lawyer
Noida: ISKCON Temple in Sector-33 to not allow devotees inside its premises for Janmashtami this year
276 new COVID-19 cases, 172 recoveries and 2 deaths reported in Puducherry today
- This takes the total number of cases to 5900 cases
- It includes 2,277 active cases, 3,532 recovered cases and 91 deaths
Ranchi police arrested 2 persons in possession of 17 kgs of opium & 1860 kgs of poppy husk. Value of seized contraband is about Rs 35 lakhs. Both accused had procured the substance from various areas of Jharkhand & were taking it to Rajasthan: Naushad Alam, SP Ranchi, Rural
Toll in Idukki landslide rises to 52 as three more bodies recovered
PM's virtual meet on COVID-19: TN CM urges Centre to share 50 per cent RT-PCR test cost
CSK, KKR to carry 10 exclusive net bowlers to UAE, Capitals will have 6 on their roster.
Power Grid's Q1 profit falls 18 pc to Rs 2,048 cr
Government-owned Power Grid Corporation has posted 18 per cent fall in its consolidated profit after tax of Rs 2,048 crore during the April to June quarter.
In Q1 FY20, the profit after tax stood at Rs 2,503 crore. However, its revenue from operations in Q1 FY21 went up to Rs 9,457 crore from Rs 9,180 crore in the same period of the previous year.
SC allows Centre to continue construction work of India-Myanmar-Thailand Trilateral Highway Project.
Saudi Aramco doing due diligence for buying 20% stake in Reliance's O2C business.
- Amin Nasser, Aramco CEO
The job scene in times of coronavirus
According to TeamLease Jobs & Salaries Primer Report 2020
- Salary growth for Indian professionals may range from a marginally positive to stagnant or even negative.
- Increment for some of the "super-specialized" profiles can go beyond 15 per cent.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has not only impacted the employment landscape, it has disrupted the way India Inc rewards its talent.
- Across sectors and cities, employers are cherry picking super-specialized profiles, and are rewarding them with greater than 15 per cent salary growth.
- Salaries, in general, grew between 4.26 per cent (minimum) and 11.22 per cent (maximum) across sectors and cities.
Passenger vehicle wholesales dip in July
- Passenger vehicle wholesales in India declined 3.86 per cent in July to 1,82,779 units as against 1,90,115 units in the same month of last year.
- Two-wheeler sales were also down 15.24 per cent at 12,81,354 units as compared to 15,11,717 units in the same month last year.
- Motorcycle sales were at 8,88,520 units as against 9,34,021 units in July 2019, down 4.87 per cent.
- Scooter sales were also down 36.51 per cent at 3,34,288 units as against 5,26,504 units in the same month last year.