!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
- Farmer groups call for Bharat Bandh on December 8
- ED seizes Vijay Mallya’s asset in France worth 1.6 Million Euros
- Hyderabad GHMC Election results 2020: TRS wins 55 seats, BJP-48, AIMIM-44 and Congress-2
- CBI searches 3 locations in Delhi in Rs 1,800-crore bank fraud case
- Office space leasing may fall 46 pc this year; demand to recover in 2021
- Government procures 330 lakh tonnes kharif paddy so far at MSP for Rs 62,278 crore
- Lakshadweep Administrator Dineshwar Sharma passes away at 66
- IAF testfires 10 Akash missiles amid China border conflict
- Diesel crosses Rs 73-mark, petrol price nears Rs 83 in Delhi
- Uday Shankar elected new FICCI India President
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 4%, maintains accommodative stance
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting issues advisory to all private satellite TV channels on advertisements
Puducherry Lt Governor has given approval to deposit Rs 2200 each into the bank accounts of 1.75 lakh BPL families and Rs 1000 each into the bank accounts of Rs 1.50 lakh APL families, in lieu of free rice for 3 months under the scheme for free distribution of food grains
Protesting farmers stay put at Noida border with Delhi near Mayur Vihar
Amazon top recruiter with 14 offers in second cluster of IIM Ahmedabad summer placements
In-person hearings to continue on experimental basis: Bombay HC
Farmers' protest: Govt's 5th round of talks with farm leaders to be held tomorrow
500 farmers protest in Palwal, block one lane of Delhi-Agra highway
The historic result for BJP in Hyderabad GHMC elections shows people's unequivocal support towards PM Modi'sdevelopment & governance model. I want to thank the people of Hyderabad
- JP Nadda
The post COVID19 order will be about re-learning, re-thinking and re-innovating: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Our government fully committed to the principle of reform, perform and transform. No sector left out from reforms
- PM Modi
India is witnessing a sea change in the way it works. Things we thought could never happen are being delivered at a great speed
- PM Modi at IIT 2020 Global Summit
Maharashtra: Maha Vikas Aghadi leader Jayant Aasgavkar wins from Pune Teachers Constituency in MLC elections
Hyderabad GHMC Election results 2020: TRS wins 55 seats, BJP-48, AIMIM-44 and Congress-2
Islamabad HC declares Nawaz Sharif a 'proclaimed offender'
The three-page verdict, co-authored by Justice Aamer Farooq and Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kayani, has declared the PML-N founder a proclaimed offender in the two references. The court issued separate orders in both the cases, reported Geo News. In 2018, accountability court Judge Mohammad Arshad Malik had convicted Sharif in the Al-Azizia Steel Mills Company (ASCL) and Hill Metal Establishment (HME) reference and awarded him seven years imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 1.5 billion and USD 25 million.
We saw long queues of voters, so many elderly voters, some over 100 years of age and many from remote locations. They have come out to vote because they believe in the Prime Minister Narendra Modi's promise of development and proactive measures to kickstart growth in this region
- Anurag Thakur, Union Minister, on the DDC polls in Jammu
- Deep Depression over Gulf of Mannar close to Ramanathapuram dist coast remained stationary during past 18 hrs & lay centered at 5:30 pm today over Gulf of Mannar, close to Ramanathapuram District coast, about 40 km SW of Ramanathapuram, 70 km W-SW of Pamban: IMD
- The Depression is likely to remain practically stationary over the same region and weaken into a well-marked low-pressure area during next 12 hours.
GST fake invoice frauds
Directorate General of GST Intelligence & CGST Commissionerates arrested 104 people for illegally availing or passing on input tax credit (ITC) via fake entities & fly-by-night firms and circular trading, within three weeks of the nationwide drive against GST fake invoice frauds.
Security personnel continue to guard Delhi-Haryana border
India considers changing new farm laws after mass protests
- The government is open to look into various amendments," a government official told Reuters, declining to be named ahead of a meeting between farmers and ministers scheduled for Saturday.
- "The government is open to the idea of imposing taxes on the new wholesale markets to keep a level playing field," he said.
- In case of a dispute between sellers and buyers, the government could also let farmers appeal to a higher court than is currently allowed under the new legislation, he added.
Lakshadweep Administrator Dineshwar Sharma passes away at 66
Administrator of Lakshadweep Dineshwar Sharma, who earlier headed the Intelligence Bureau, died at a Chennai hospital on Friday following a severe lung disease, officials said.
Delhi to experience very poor air quality for next two days, says IMD official
BJP leader on Farm laws
These are historic laws. Those who're fighting it are doing it for their personal interests, not for farmers. 76 lakh farmers in Bengal have gone through the laws & are supporting them: Mukul Roy, BJP leader
Supply-side issues hurting inflation
- RBI DG Michael Patra
U.S. trade deficit rises 1.7% to $63.1 billion in October
Government procures 330 lakh tonnes kharif paddy so far at MSP for Rs 62,278 crore
Delhi: Volunteers distribute medicines to protesting farmers
N Uttam Kumar Reddy resigns from the post of President of Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee
Delhi 'held hostage' through protest, says Kapil Mishra in letter to President
West Bengal: 'No helmet, no fuel' rule for two-wheeler drivers, to come into effect in Kolkata from 8th December till 5th February
Jammu and Kashmir: Pakistan initiated an unprovoked ceasefire violation today evening along the Line of Control at Keran Sector, Kupwara by firing small arms and mortars
Office space leasing may fall 46 pc to 25 mn sq ft this year; demand to recover in 2021
- Net leasing of office space is estimated to fall 46 per cent to 25 million sq ft across seven major cities on lower demand from corporates and co-working players due to COVID-19 pandemic, according to industry experts.
- However, the absorption of office space in 2021 is likely to surpass an average leasing of 31 million sq ft during last ten years, top property consultants said in a webinar organised by Workplace Trends India founder Tushar Mittal.
I want to ask Didi (Mamata Banerjee) why the farmers of West Bengal did not get any of the central govt funds under the Kisan Samman Yojana. As long as Didi is here she will not let the people of Bengal avail any benefits of Central govt schemes
- Dilip Ghosh, BJP WB President
Jammu and Kashmir: The third phase of DDC polls recorded overall voter percentage of 50.53%
Passage Exercise between Russian Federation Navy & Indian Navy underway in Eastern Indian Ocean Region
The exercise is being conducted today & tomorrow. The exercise is aimed at enhancing interoperability, improving understanding & imbibing best practices between both the navies.
Enforcement Directorate seizes Vijay Mallya’s asset in France worth 1.6 Million Euros
Japan spacecraft approaches Earth to drop asteroid samples
Japanese space agency officials said Friday the Hayabusa2 spacecraft is on its intended trajectory as it approaches Earth to deliver a capsule containing samples from a distant asteroid that could provide clues to the origin of the solar system and life on Earth.
CBI carries out searches at three locations in connection with Rs 1,800 crore bank fraud in State Bank of India: Officials
If govt does not accept our demands in the meeting tomorrow, we will intensify our agitation against new farm laws
- Gurnam Singh Chadoni
Punjab Government sets up State Level Award dedicated to author Gurdial Singh for his contribution to Punjabi literature
Singh was a renowned author who wrote in Punjabi and was a 1998 Padma Shree awardee.
We have planned to block remaining roads of Delhi
- Harvinder Singh Lakhwal
One-day Bharat Bandh has been called on December 8 to protest against the three farm laws. Tomorrow, we will attend the meeting called by the government
- Farmer leader Rakesh Tikat at Ghazipur (Delhi)-Ghaziabad (UP) border
Germany wants broader Iran nuclear deal: Foreign minister
Major announcements by farmer groups
- Dec 5 — Effigies of corporates & Modi Govt to be burnt across the country
- Dec 7 - Awards to be returned by sportspersons
- Dec 8 - Bharat Bandh and closure of all the remaining borders of Delhi
- “We want repeal of all three laws, not amendments”
India beat Australia by 11 runs in first T20 in Canberra to take 1-0 lead in three-match series
We need to take this protest forward. Government has to take back the farm laws: Hannan Mollah, General Secretary, All India Kisan Sabha
Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Narottam Mishra found unfit for Bharat Biotech's coronavirus vaccine trial
His immediate family members had earlier tested positive for infection
We have given a call for Bharat Bandh on December 8: Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU-Lakhowal) General Secretary, HS Lakhowal
Yesterday, we told the Government that the farm laws should be withdrawn. On 5 Dec, effigies of PM Modi will be burnt across the country: Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU-Lakhowal) General Secretary, HS Lakhowal at Singhu Border
Turkish lira's real effective exchange rate near record low
The consumer price index-based real effective exchange rate of the Turkish lira stood at 60.55 in November, little changed from its record low touched a month earlier, central bank data showed on Friday.
EU tells UK to make up its mind as trade talks near the climax
With less than four weeks left until the United Kingdom finally leaves the EU’s orbit on Dec. 31, talks snagged late on Thursday, prompting London to signal that chances of a breakthrough were receding.
South Kerala & North Kerala likely to receive isolated heavy to heavy rainfall today & tomorrow
As its expected to weaken, gradually wind speed will decrease to 40-50 kmph gusting to 60 kmph tonight over extreme south Tamil Nadu & South Kerala coast: IMD DG Mrutyunjay Mohapatra
Cyclone Burevi lays over Gulf of Mannar near south Tamil Nadu coast. Wind speed is 50-60 kmph
It has remained stationary for past 12 hours. It'll further weaken into depression while moving westward across south Tamil Nadu coast during next 12 hrs: IMD DG Mrutyunjay Mohapatra
CBI arrests BJP councillor Manoj Mehlawat, in an alleged bribery case
He will be shortly produced before the Rouse Avenue Court.
ED moves application before Mumbai court to get family of late gangster Iqbal Mirchi declared as fugitive economic offenders: Officials
China comfortable with yuan rises for now as economy recovers, sources say
- Chinese policymakers are comfortable with the yuan's rise to 2 1/2-year highs as a rebound in the world's second-biggest economy accelerates and the central bank gives the market greater leeway in setting the currency's value, sources said.
- But the central bank might take action if further rises in the closely managed currency, especially if they were rapid, were to hurt the country's exports, the sources involved in internal policy discussions told Reuters.
Administrator of Lakshadweep and former interlocutor to Jammu and Kashmir, Dineshwar Sharma passed away
Denmark to stop pumping oil, gas in North Sea
The Danish Parliament voted late Thursday to end the offshore gas and oil extraction that started in 1972 and has made it the largest producer in the European Union. Non EU-members Norway and Britain are larger producers.
First of the three-book comic series, chronicling India's Maritime Heritage, launched on Navy Day
The series, being published in collaboration with Amar Chitra Katha, celebrates the naval & maritime heritage of India.
Plea in Supreme Court seeks immediate removal of protesting farmers from border areas of Delhi NCR as they pose a risk to the increasing spread of COVID-19
NGT directs municipal corporations in NCR, other cities with 'poor' air quality to ensure sprinkling of water before sweeping of roads