Wrap Up: All you need to know about the news that matter
- 8,511 new COVID-19 infections reported in Kerala, active cases now stand at 95,657
- Puducherry reported 158 new COVID-19 cases, 216 discharges & 2 deaths today
- Pakistan to remain on the grey list of terror-financing watchdog Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
- Punjab reported 481 new COVID19 cases, 580 discharged cases & 23 deaths
- More than 50 million have voted early in US election
- Madhya Pradesh reported 953 new COVID-19 cases, 1,325 recoveries and 13 deaths today
- Uttar Pradesh reports 2,298 new COVID-19 cases, 3025 discharges and 40 deaths
- Delhi reports 4,086 new COVID-19 cases, 3,296 recoveries/discharges/migrations and 26 deaths
- UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2020 result declared
- Maharashtra reports 7,347 new COVID-19 cases, 184 deaths and 13,247 discharges
- Too many countries in 'exponential' virus surge: WHO
- IPL 2020: Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 10 wickets
- Jharkhand reported 435 new COVID-19 cases, 499 recoveries and 3 deaths today
- World Bank grants Mozambique $100 million funding for COVID-19 response
- Andaman and Nicobar reported 23 new COVID-19 cases and 8 recoveries today
Andaman and Nicobar reported 23 new COVID-19 cases and 8 recoveries today
Total number of cases rise to 4,207 including 204 active cases, 58 deaths and 3,945 recoveries
World Bank grants Mozambique $100 million funding for COVID-19 response
Jharkhand reported 435 new COVID-19 cases, 499 recoveries and 3 deaths today
Total number of cases now stands at 99,045 including 92,128 recoveries, 862 deaths and 6,055 active cases
Sudan has agreed to a peace and normalization agreement with Israel. With the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, that’s three Arab countries to have done so in only a matter of weeks: US President Donald Trump
IPL 2020: Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 10 wickets
Appointments Committee of Cabinet approves assignment of additional charge of post of Secretary, Dept of School Education and Literacy to Amit Khare, Secretary, Department of Higher Education from 24.10.2020 to 01.11.2020 during the period of absence on leave of Anita Karwal.
Appointments Committee of Cabinet approves the proposal of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology for extension of Central deputation tenure of Rajiv Kumar, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology for a period of three months beyond 17.09.2020.
Too many countries in 'exponential' virus surge: WHO
Maharashtra reports 7,347 new COVID-19 cases, 184 deaths and 13,247 discharges in the last 24 hours
- Total cases in the state rise to 16,32,544, with 43,015 deaths and 14,45,103 recovered patients
- Active cases stand at 1,43,922
Mumbai: Fire fighting operations underway at the City Centre Mall in Nagpada where a fire broke out yesterday
UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2020 result declared
Delhi reports 4,086 new COVID-19 cases, 3,296 recoveries/discharges/migrations and 26 deaths in last 24 hours
The COVID tally rises to 3,48,404, including 3,16,214 recoveries/discharges/migrations and 6,189 deaths. Active cases stand at 26,001
Enforcement Directorate summons Raninder Singh (file photo), son of Punjab CM Capt Amarinder Singh, for violation of Foreign Exchange Mgmt Act (FEMA) in connection with an alleged disproportionate assets case. ED asks him to appear before them on October 27, in Jalandhar: Sources
Karnataka: Customs at Mangalore International Airport arrested a passenger, who had arrived from Dubai on October 20. 531.390 grams of gold worth Rs 27, 36, 659 has been seized from the passenger.
Pakistan completed 21 of 27 items, it definitely means that world has become safer. But the 6 outstanding items are very serious deficiencies that still have to be repaired, risks haven't gone. Pakistan govt must do its best to work on these 6 items.
- Marcus Pleyer, FATF president
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered a case against a Senior Accountant, working in the office of Accountant General, Imphal (Manipur) for possession of alleged disproportionate assets to the tune of Rs. 58,75,321: CBI
They [BJP] want to replace the country's Constitution with the party's manifesto, but this will not work. So many people like Pharaoh and Hitler came, but this dictatorship will not work
- Mehbooba Mufti, President, Peoples Democratic Party
Tamil Nadu: 3,057 new infections, 33 deaths
Uttar Pradesh reports 2,298 new COVID-19 cases, 3025 discharges and 40 deaths in the last 24 hours
Active cases in the state stand at 28,268. A total of 4,30,962 discharged so far, death toll 6,830
Madhya Pradesh reported 953 new COVID-19 cases, 1,325 recoveries and 13 deaths today
Total number of cases stand at 1,65,294 including 1,50,678 recoveries, 11,761 active cases and 2,855 deaths
To date, Pakistan has made progress across all action plan items & has now largely addressed 21 of the 27 action items. As all action plan deadlines have expired, FATF strongly urges Pakistan to swiftly complete its full action plan by Feb 2021: Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
More than 50 million have voted early in US election
Punjab reported 481 new COVID19 cases, 580 discharged cases & 23 deaths.
IPL 2020: Mumbai Indians win the toss and opt to bowl first against Chennai Super Kings
Pakistan to remain on the grey list of terror-financing watchdog Financial Action Task Force (FATF): Sources
All private offices, shops, hotels and restaurants etc in Puducherry permitted to remain open until 10 pm starting today
Puducherry reported 158 new COVID-19 cases, 216 discharges & 2 deaths today
- Total positive cases in the Union Territory rise to 33,986 till date
- This includes 3,975 active cases, 29,427 recoveries & 584 deaths
Andhra Pradesh's COVID-19 cases cross 8-lakh mark with 3,765 new infections
Total cases at 8,00,684 out of which 31,721 are active cases. 20 deaths reported in last 24 hours taking the toll to 6,544
8,511 new COVID-19 infections reported in Kerala, active cases now stand at 95,657
Jammu And Kashmir reports 586 new COVID-19 infections - 206 from Jammu and 380 from Kashmir
Total cases stand at 90,752 out of which 7,842 active cases. 1,424 total deaths of which 12 were reported in the last 24 hours.
I don't hold the position of Chief Minister to boast about it but to promote development in the state, which is worth being exemplified across the country: CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan during a public rally in Morena, MP
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will be on a two-day visit to Darjeeling & Sikkim on Oct 24-25. He will visit forward areas & interact with troops. He will perform ‘Shastra Puja’ on Dussehra & inaugurate an infrastructure project build by BRO: Defence Minister's Office
For how long will the PM keep Bihar from the Special State status category. Bihar had hopes that he would speak about that. BJP talks about generating 19 lakh jobs depending on private enterprise. We will directly give 10 lakh govt jobs: Tejashwi Yadav, in Bihar State Assembly
Enforcement Directorate (ED) attaches Rs 11.92 lakhs lying in the bank account of Hotel Le Lac, Ranchi under PMLA in a case of illegal allocation of Coal Block in Jharkhand. So far, total attachment in the case is Rs 7 crores: ED
Aditya Birla Fashion, Retail shares jump nearly 8 per cent after Flipkart deal
As a founding member India's invested to UN ideals with heart & soul. It's a tribute to all those who've advanced the cause of peace & development under UN flag: S Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister, on release of commemorative stamp of 75th founding day of the United Nations
Rainfall triggers water logging in parts of Bengaluru
New Parliament building to have Constitution Hall, MPs lounge, library, committee rooms, dining areas, ample parking space: Lok Sabha Secretariat
New Parliament building to be completed by October 2022; Construction to begin in December 2020: Lok Sabha
Due to rainfall in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka there has been an increase in the price of onion.
- Sudhanshu Pandey, Secretary, Department of Food and Public Distribution
Bihar Election: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi in Bhagalpur
- PM said we'll defeat Corona in 22 days. How? By clanging utensils and shining the light of mobile phones
- It has been 6-7 months, Corona is spreading. PM is not speaking a word
- Labourers of Bihar were working in different parts of the country for our development - be it Mumbai, Delhi or Punjab
- Just like our jawans are standing in Ladakh, the labourers of Bihar were giving their blood & sweat to this nation
- PM did not think for even a minute that how will the labourers of Bihar get the money? How will they get food & drinking water?
Spanish PM Sanchez says the next few weeks and months will be hard because of the pandemic
Central Govt supplied onions to various States according to their requirements. Till now 35 thousand metric tons of onion were given to states to maintain certain stability in prices.
- Leena Nandan Secretary, Department of Consumer Affairs
Mehbooba Mufti, PDP: My flag is this (points to the flag of J&K kept on the table in front of her). When this flag comes back, we'll raise that flag (tricolour) too. Until we get our own flag back, we won't raise any other flag...This flag forged our relationship with that flag.
Kerala Gold Smuggling Case: Kerala High Court reserves order in the anticipatory bail application of former principal secretary of Kerala CMO M Sivasankar, till Oct 28.
- Interim protection from arrest to continue till then
- He had filed the bail pleas on cases by ED & Customs dept
Government imposes stock holding limit on onion traders to check prices: Consumer Affairs Secretary Leena Nandan
Instead of Rs 6800 per hectare help to farmers, we're increasing it to Rs 10000 per hectare. I will also urge the Centre to do the same. Till now, we have given approximately Rs 3800 crores help to disaster-affected people: Maharasthra CM Uddhav Thackeray
It is govt's duty to give help to those affected by flood & rains. After review meeting, I've decided to give Rs 10000 crores help to farmers & affected people for various work in flood-hit region. We're trying this help reaches people by Diwali: Maharasthra CM Uddhav Thackeray
Maharashtra: Eknath Khadse joins NCP (Nationalist Congress Party), in presence of party chief Sharad Pawar in Mumbai
PM Narendra Modi, CM Nitish Kumar broke backbone of farmers, medium and small businesses
- Rahul Gandhi at Bihar poll rally
Delhi: Resident Doctors' Association of NDMC Medical College & Hindu Rao Hospital goes on indefinite hunger strike from today against non-payment of salaries.
Punjab: Farmers protest by stopping paddy trucks on National Highway near Amritsar
Each & every citizen of Bihar must cast his/her vote in the upcoming Bihar Elections, following all COVID-19 guidelines & social distancing norms.
- Narendra Modi, PM
Maha govt announces relief package for rain-affected areas
Maharashtra government announces a package of Rs 10,000 crores for the rain-affected parts of the state. The amount will be disbursed before Diwali: Maharashtra Chief Minister's Office (CMO)
Centre shouldn't discriminate between different states: Uddhav Thackeray
"I don't want to say this but the centre should not be discriminating between different states. They should take care of each state equally." Uddhav Thackeray on the state not getting any help for damage in the state from the centre due to heavy rains. "We are even getting less help from the centre to battle Covid," he added. (ET Bureau reports)
Cricketer Kapil Dev currently in ICU: Fortis Escorts
Statements from Fortis Escorts, Okhla, Delhi:
- Cricketer Kapil Dev came to Fortis Escorts Heart Institute (Okhla Road) emergency department at 1:00 am on 23rd October with a complaint of chest pain. He was evaluated and an emergency coronary angioplasty was performed in the middle of the night.
- Currently, he is admitted in ICU and under the close supervision of Dr Atul Mathur and his team. Kapil Dev is stable now and he is expected to get discharged in a couple of days.
Bihar deserves a quality education. Can it be ensured by those who don't even know the value of education or by those who are working 24/7 to bring IITs and AIIMS to Bihar?
- Narendra Modi, PM
People of Bihar know that it is important to make Nitish Kumar the CM again for faster development of the state. The parties who are today standing against NDA are against the growth of the country.
- Narendra Modi, PM
Delhi: Veteran cricketer Kapil Dev admitted at Fortis, Okhla for heart issues.
More detail on his health awaited. (ANI reports)