Wrap up: All you need to know about the news that matter
- COVID-19 crisis may get "worse and worse and worse", warns WHO
- Florida records 12,000 new COVID-19 cases, a day after shattering records
- Disney to shut Hong Kong Disneyland again as coronavirus cases rise
- Taliban car bomb attack on Afghanistan's intelligence agency office kills 11
- Ola Electric's most experienced official Sanjay Bhan quits
- 6,497 COVID-19 cases, 4,182 discharged & 193 deaths reported in Maharashtra
- Michael Kratsios to serve as Pentagon’s Acting Chief Technology Officer
- Singhvi says Congress govt in Rajasthan safe, accuses BJP of trying to topple it
- Telangana crosses 36,000 mark in Covid cases Telangana
- All offices at Rail Bhawan to be closed on 14th & 15th July for sanitization
- 130 COVID-19 cases & 53 cured reported in Goa today
- 89 COVID19 cases and 43 recovered reported in Jharkhand
- KVs record 98.62 pass percentage in CBSE Class 12 results
Abhishek Manu Singhvi says Congress government in Rajasthan safe, accuses BJP of trying to topple it
Bus services to remain suspended in Tamil Nadu till July 31
CRPF Sub-Inspector dies due to COVID-19 in Jammu & Kashmir's Kulgam
Kendriya Vidyalayas record 98.62 pass percentage in CBSE Class 12 results
- The Kendriya Vidyalayas had a pass percentage of 98.62 in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 results announced on Monday, which is their best performance till now, according to a statement.
- They have stood second among different categories of schools affiliated to the CBSE and have slightly increased their pass percentage from last year's figure of 98.54 per cent, the statement issued by the Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) Sangathan said.
COVID-19 challenges can be addressed only through multilateralism, global solidarity: India at UN
Rajasthan: State Ministers Pratap Singh Khachariyawas, Raghu Sharma, Govind Singh Dotasra, along with MLAs Sanyam Lodha and Amin Kagzi at Fairmont Hotel in Jaipur. All of them attended the Congress Legislative Party (CLP) meeting at CM Ashok Gehlot's residence today.
1,550 COVID19 cases, 1,197 discharged & 9 deaths reported in Telangana today
Total number of cases in the state is now at 36,221, including 12,178 active cases, 23,679 discharged and 365 deaths.
Latest from Rajasthan:
- A total of 17 ruling camp MLAs - 13 of them from the Congress, including Sachin Pilot and two other ministers - are not present at the Jaipur resort where Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot has put up his people.
- These 17 were the ones who did not attend the meeting allied by Gehlot today.
- Gehlot says he still has the numbers for a comfortable majority.
- The Congress has called for another meeting tomorrow. Pilot too has been invited.
Haryana: Rajasthan Congress MLAs Inder Raj Gurjar, PR Meena, GR Khatana, and Harish Meena among others, at a hotel in Manesar. (Video released from Sachin Pilot's office of MLAs supporting him)
FM calls for speedy settlement under insurance scheme for healthcare workers battling COVID-19
One of the groups covered is involved in several business activities like hotel, hydropower projects, metal and auto sectors. It is suspected to have invested unaccounted income generated from these activities into real estate: Income Tax Department
189 COVID19 cases and 43 recovered reported in Jharkhand today, as of 9:30 pm
Total number of cases in the state is now at 3,963, including 1,579 active cases, 2,351 recovered/discharged and 33 deaths
130 COVID-19 cases & 53 cured reported in Goa today
Total number of cases in the state is now at 2,583, including 1,026 active cases, 1,540 recovered & 17 deaths
Delhi: All offices at Rail Bhawan to be closed on 14th & 15th July for sanitization after some officials of Railway Board tested positive for COVID-19
He may have genuine grievances but where I draw a red flag is that if you try to topple a govt or hurt your own Congress party. I think everything except that red flag is accepted in party. It's a capacious party. I urge, request, beg him to exercise that right: Abhishek Singhvi
I consider Sachin Pilot one of the most talented, competent & impressive Congress men we have. He is a friends also. We all value him in the party. He should come & air his grievances, floor is open. All people are prepared to listen to him.
- Abhishek Singhvi, Congress
Telangana crosses 36K mark in Covid cases Telangana on Monday reported 1,550 new Covid positive cases
- This takes the total number of cases to 36,221.
- The state suffered 9 Covid deaths on Monday, which takes the total deaths to 365 so far.
- Telangana saw 1,197 persons discharged on Monday, which takes the total discharged to 23,679 persons so far.
- The state has 12,178 active cases by Monday.
- Over the past 24 hours, the state tested 11,525 samples.
- This takes the total tests to 1,81,849 tests to date.
All I know is that their MLAs are with us. Both the MLAs are supporting Congress party. They were present at the legislative party meeting earlier today and they are present here as well: Chetan Dudi, Secretary, Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee.
Gold smuggling accused Swapna, PWC booked by police over complaint of fake degree
Odisha allows home isolation for COVID-19 patients with mild or no symptoms
More than 200 schools back lawsuit over foreign student rule
- More than 200 universities are backing a legal challenge to the Trump administration's new restrictions on international students.
- They argued that the policy jeopardizes students' safety and forces schools to reconsider fall plans they have spent months preparing.
- The schools have signed court briefs supporting Harvard University and the MIT as they sue U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- The lawsuit challenges a recently announced directive saying international students cannot stay in the U.S. if they take all their classes online this fall.
Congress calls another meeting of Rajasthan MLAs on Tuesday morning
544 COVID-19 cases and 8 deaths reported in Rajasthan today
Total number of cases in the state is now at 24,936, including 5,788 active cases & 518 deaths.
They're requested to come & discuss how to strengthen Rajasthan & serve the 8 crore people together. If there are some differences with someone then they should say that that with an open mind. Sonia Gandhi & Rahul Gandhi are ready to listen to everyone & find solution: RS Surjewala
With a majority of 109 for the Congress Government in Rajasthan under Ashok Gehlot, all our MLAs gave their support letter. They have failed BJP's attempts
- Randeep Surjewala, Congress
COVID-19 crisis may get "worse and worse and worse", warns WHO
- If basics are not followed, it is going to get worse and worse and worse, said Tedros.
- There will be no return to the old normal for the foreseeable future ... There is a lot to be concerned about," Tedros added.
Florida records 12,000 new COVID-19 cases, a day after shattering records
There is no number game. The state govt had majority, it still has the majority. We have more than the required number. We have 109 MLAs with us: Rajasthan Congress MLA Danish Abrar
Real Ayodhya lies in Nepal, not in India. Lord Ram is Nepali not Indian: Nepali media quotes Nepal Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli
We urge the US to revoke the wrong decision. We will take further measures in response to new developments: Chinese Foreign Ministry
Mukesh Bhakar: President of the Rajasthan Youth Congress
Disney to shut Hong Kong Disneyland again as coronavirus cases rise
Ola Electric's most experienced official Sanjay Bhan quits
- Ola Electric’s chief business officer, Sanjay Bhan has quit.
- He joined the company in Dec 2019 to lead its marketing and sales.
- Bhan’s departure comes as a huge setback to India’s most valuable electric-vehicle startup.
Total number of COVID-19 positive cases in the state rises to 31,448
- A total of 19,213 people have been discharged & 956 deaths have been reported so far.
- 1,435 cases were reported today, 632 were discharged & 24 died.
Bharatiya Tribal Party (BTP) issues letter to its two MLAs to abstain in the event of a trust vote in the assembly. These two MLAs had earlier supported the Ashok Gehlot led government in Rajasthan.
2,738 COVID-19 cases, 839 discharged & 73 deaths reported in Karnataka in the last 24 hours
- Total number of cases in the state is now at 41,581
- This includes 16,248 discharged, 24,572 active cases
- Total death toll stands at 761 (4 due to non-COVID causes)
White House taps U.S. Chief Technology Officer Michael Kratsios to serve as Pentagon’s Acting Chief Technology Officer: White House Official
COVID-19: 40th India Carpet Expo to be held virtually for first time
357 COVID19 positive cases, 194 discharged and 5 deaths reported in Punjab today
- This takes the total number of positive cases in the state to 8178
- It includes 5586 discharged cases and 204 deaths
Hemant Harishchandra Kotalwar, presently Joint Secretary on deputation to NSCS (National Security Council Secretariat), has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Czech Republic. He is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
Six persons killed in flood-related incidents in Assam, nearly 22 lakh affected in 27 districts
Andhra Pradesh govt postpones all Common Entrance Tests in view of pandemic
Maharashtra: JMFC Court, Thane grants transit remand of Guddan Ramvilas Trivedi & Sonu Suresh Tiwari to Uttar Pradesh Police till 16th July in connection with Kanpur encounter case.
Hong Kong increases social distancing measures
Hong Kong has banned public gatherings of more than four and required face coverings on public transport as the city battles an increase in COVID-19 cases. Restaurants won't be allowed to offer dine-in services from 6 pm to 5 am, while fitness centres and beauty salons will be closed for 7 days. The measures take effect July 15.
6,497 COVID-19 cases, 4,182 discharged & 193 deaths reported in Maharashtra today
Andhra Pradesh reports 37 COVID-19 deaths, nearly 2,000 cases
- A record 37 COVID-19 deathswere reported in Andhra Pradesh on Monday.
- The highest single-day tally so far, took the toll to 365.
- The overall infection count jumped up to 31,103 with the addition of a new record high of 1,935 positive cases.
Taliban car bomb attack on Afghanistan's intelligence agency office kills 11
UP Vidhan Sabha speaker dismisses pleas to disqualify two Congress MLAs
Bank Of England Governor Bailey says there is a long way to go, very worried about jobs
Kazakhstan to extend coronavirus lockdown by two weeks
Pilot not joining BJP, CM's back garden not place to prove majority, say sources close to Pilot
- The government headed by Ashok Gehlot does not have the numbers sources close to Sachin Pilot have said.
- They also noted that if Gehlot has the claimed numbers why the MLAs have been taken to a hotel.
- Sources close to Pilot also said that he is not joining the BJP.
- They said Gehlot government does not have numbers they claim and CM's back garden isn't the place to prove majority.
Delhi government allows restro-bars, clubs to sell beer stock expiring by July 31 to liquor shops
Tuticorin custodial death case:
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) seeks 5-day custody of the 5 police personnel who have been arrested in the case. CBI officials filed the petition in Madurai District Court. All 5 accused to be produced before the court tomorrow.
449 new COVID-19 cases and two deaths reported in Kerala today. Fatality rate in Kerala is 0.39% which is better than that in other states.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan
There was pause on the issue after intensive negotiations for yrs. New EU leadership has shown great interest in India. During summit, India & EU to start afresh & find a meeting ground on the issue: Sources on scope of Free Trade Agreement with EU during upcoming India-EU summit
NIA today filed charge-sheet against 17 key conspirators who formed a terror group initiated by ISIS terrorists Mehboob Pasha of Bangalore & Khaja Moideen of Cuddalore for their role in furthering & perpetrating ISIS activities in India, especially in Karnataka & Tamil Nadu.
Andhra Pradesh: Red Cross volunteers carry body of a man, who had COVID-19, to burial ground in a special ambulance.
Income Tax raids are underway at the offices of Om Kothari group in Jaipur, Kota, Delhi and Mumbai.
Andhra Pradesh reports 37 COVID-19 deaths, nearly 2,000 cases