A retired Indian Air Force officer, AVM Jagdish Kumar Arora had been suffering from ALS and was undergoing treatment at a Gurugram Hospital.
"Dad RIP. U shaped me, nurtured me, spoilt me, challenged me, encouraged me, stood by me, loved & supported me unconditionally. I miss you," Arora tweeted on Thursday evening.
Arora, who was tipped for the top job at Softbank, is one of the most high profile global executives of Indian origin. The former chief business officer at search giant Google won the Global Indian of the Year at the ET Corporate Excellence Awards in 2015.
Arora had dedicated the award to his parents.
Read More News on
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Decision on Bihar assembly poll schedule soon: CEC Sunil Arora
- After beau Arjun Kapoor, now Malaika Arora tests positive for coronavirus
- No plans to defer Bihar elections: CEC Sunil Arora
- Why Buffett style of investing may not be right for you, Samir Arora explains
- What's common between Aditya Ghosh & Malaika Arora?
- When IPOs get oversubscribed 100 times, market normally peaks: Samir Arora