NEW DELHI: Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Akhilesh Yadav is all set to be re-elected as his party’s national president for a term of five years at SP’s national convention to be held in Agra city on Thursday.
SP patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav is also likey to attend this convention. Although former CM Akhilesh is in total control of his party following the party’s national executive on January 1, the formalities to get him (Akhilesh) re-elected is likely to set the tone for the party’s preparation for the 2019 LS polls.
Infact, Mulayam Singh had dropped enough hints recently that he would back Akhilesh by saying that his blessings were with him (Akhilesh) despite his differences with him. “If he attends SP’s national convention in Agra, it would be good in the interest of his party.
No one can predict his decision,” a source in SP told ET on phone from Agra. Sources said Mulayam’s brother Shivpal Singh Yadav might not attend the convention. “He seems to be in a reconciliatory mood. He has already made his request to Mulayam Singhji to attend the convention,” another source, who is close to Shivpal,” said. SP would also get its economic and political resolution passed at its convention.
- SP Chief Akhilesh Yadav visits kin of Mohd Wakeel, promises sum of Rs 5 lakh
- Akhilesh Yadav: Gathbandhan fails, SP chief gets marks for trying
- If need be, will sacrifice some seats for BSP: SP chief Akhilesh Yadav
- Akhilesh Yadav conveys displeasure to SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav over candidates' list
- Maulana Syed Ahmed Bukhari slams SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav
- 'Felt bad' after being removed as UP SP chief: CM Akhilesh Yadav