Home Minister Amit Shah and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh visited a newly-created temporary hospital with 1,000 beds, including 250 in the ICU, which will treat COVID-19 patients, here on Sunday, officials said. The facility has been constructed in just 11 days near the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport on a piece of land belonging to the Ministry of Defence.
"Visiting the 1000 Bed Sardar Patel COVID Hospital with 250 ICU Beds built in record time by DRDO & Tata Sons along with Raksha Mantri Shri @rajnathsingh ji," Shah said in a tweet. The armed forces personnel will man the hospital, a home ministry official said.
Read More News on
- Amit Shah takes stock of flood situation in Assam
- Amit Shah steps in to help Delhi combat pandemic
- Climate change impacted world, greenery can solve this crisis: Amit Shah
- No 'Operation Lotus' in Maharashtra, says Devendra Fadnavis after meeting Amit Shah
- India at good position in Covid-19 battle: Amit Shah
- Amit Shah, JP Nadda hail Prime Minister's visit to Ladakh