He added that he would name the alliance in a couple of days.
Congress leader Prithviraj Chavan said that a few Congress leaders from Delhi would be coming to participate in the meeting with the Sena, Congress and NCP leaders.
Samajwadi Party leader Abu Asim Azmi who was also part of the meeting said that the Congress and NCP leaders have asked all the allies to bring forth their issues and agendas that would be placed in the common Minimum programme to be implemented in the new government. " All the allies have been asked to bring their issues and agendas.
We have not asked for any ministerial berths. We (SP) is going to ask that the love jihad issue and communalism to be kept at bay. We want the new government to give reservation to Muslims. We will be placing our issues tomorrow."said Azmi.
When asked to respond on the difference between the Sena and BJP as they were both called communal by the SP earlier, Azmi said, " Both are same sides of the coin however the enemy of an enemy is our friend. We need to create differences between the two parties (BJP and Sena) and hence we have decided to come together." said Azmi.
NCP state Jayant Patil's statement that everything would be clear in two days and Azmi's comments indicated that the claim to form a new government would probably not be made on Friday.
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- Haryana Cabinet to be expanded, committee to formulate common minimum programme for coalition
- Mindtree wants a common minimum programme
- Common minimum programme draft in 10 Days, says Siddaramaiah
- Non-BJP parties will develop common minimum programme to take on govt: Sharad Pawar
- Manohar Parrikar government to release common minimum programme on June 18
- Akhilesh, Rahul launch 10-points common minimum programme for UP