Qatar reports first virus death, GCC toll hits 11
Two Indians among 70 new COVID-19 cases reported in Singapore
Worldwide coronavirus toll passes 30,000, two thirds in Europe
France reports 319 more coronavirus deaths, taking toll to 2,314
Africa has 2,650 confirmed coronavirus cases, 49 deaths - WHO chief Tedros
Turkey coronavirus deaths surge past 100: Health Minister
Spain halts all 'non-essential' activity for two weeks, PM says
France reports 319 more coronavirus deaths, taking toll to 2,314, official says
Food delivery system set up in Delhi:
Motital Oswal Financial Services Ltd. pledges Rs 5 crore to PM-CARES fund
PM Modi interacts with AYUSH sector
Nepal reports fifth coronavirus case
- Nepal reported its fifth coronavirus case on Saturday after a 19-year-old student, who returned to the country from Belgium via Qatar, tested positive for COVID-19, officials said.
- All five coronavirus cases in Nepal are imported. Four patients are currently in isolation while one has recovered.
- The country's first coronavirus infection was reported on January 24. So far, 875 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in the country.
- The government mandated week-long nationwide lockdown to curb the spread of the virus entered its fifth day on Saturday.
450 buses pressed into service by Ghaziabad admin to transport migrants
- The Ghaziabad administration has pressed 450 buses into service to transport migrants from Bihar who are trying to reach their homes amid a country-wide lockdown to check the spread of coronavirus, officials said.
- Ghaziabad District Magistrate Ajay Shankar Pandey told PTI that the migrants who were passing through the district were asked to stay but many of them were adamant to go back to their villages.
- He said to facilitate their journey 450 sanitized buses were provided to them.
- The DM said more than 25,000 food packets, 20 quintal fruits, biscuits and water bottles were distributed to the migrant workers.
Ambala has reported its 1st positive case of coronavirus
A 21-year-old man is a resident of Ram Nagar village in Patiala, Punjab, on Ambala-Patiala border. He has recent travel history to Nepal. He was admitted to hospital on March 26: Chief Medical Officer Ambala
Clashes erupt in China as people try to leave coronavirus-hit Hubei
- In a rare display of public anger in China, dozens of people in central Hubei province, the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak till recently, attacked official vehicles after they were stopped from crossing a bridge and travel to neighbouring Jiangxi after the lifting of the lockdown.
- Hubei province with over 56 million people was kept under lockdown from January 23 as part of aggressive measures to bring down COVID-19 cases which rapidly spread in the area.
- Videos on Chinese social media on Friday showed unprecedented scenes of police from Hubei and Jiangxi clashing on the bridge connecting the two provinces over barricades erected from stopping Hubei people from moving out over fears of coronavirus spreading.
- Policemen from both sides argued over how to verify if people were allowed to enter Jiangxi, according to local media reports.
Puducherry's first Covid-19 patient recovers, to be discharged soon
- Puducherry's first coronavirus patient, a 68-year old woman in Mahe has tested negative, official sources said on Saturday.
- The patient had recovered and the follow-up test of blood samples returned negative, said an official source in Mahe, an enclave of the union territory of Puducherry in Kerala.
- Her daughter-in-law, who was quarantined in the government hospital as a precautionary measure, also tested negative for coronavirus, the source added.
Italy's coronavirus toll tops 10,000, official says
2 more positive cases detected in Gujarat- One 25-year-old man from Gandhinagar got infected through local transmission. While a 65-year-old man from Gir Somnath has travel history of Saudi Arabia; Total number of positive cases in the state is 55: Gujarat Health Dept
Turkey coronavirus deaths surge past 100, health minister says
President Trump considering imposing quarantine on New York as coronavirus cases there increase to more than 52,000
A dedicated team has been constituted for collecting garbage from the quarantined houses in Chandigarh: Department of Public Relations, Chandigarh
A head constable who was deployed at Mumbai airport has been tested COVID-19 positive today. He was under treatment in a Mumbai hospital for last few days: Central Industrial Security Force
Three more test positive for COVID-19 in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, total cases in UT rise to 9: Official
Haryana: Farmers in Rewari demand government to begin the procurement process as their crops are ready to be harvested
A farmer says,"Our crops are ready, but we can not sell them as grain markets are closed. We urge govt to procure the harvest in time to save us from losses".
The 45,000-capacity Pacaembu Stadium in downtown São Paulo, Brazil is being turned into an open-air hospital to handle patients with coronavirus
Coronavirus cases in national capital rise to 49, second death reported: Delhi Health Department
Board of Control for Cricket in India to contribute Rs 51 Crores to Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM-CARES Fund) to fight COVID-19
356 prisoners released on 45-day interim bail and 63 released on emergency parole of 8 weeks, as a preventive measure against the spread of coronavirus: Tihar Jail officials
Migrant workers in Delhi at bus terminals tonight:
Britian: A total of 120,776 people had been tested, of whom 17,089 were confirmed positive
J&K updates on coronavirus cases in the state
Maharashtra: Total no. of COVID-19 patients in the state is at 181, after 28 new patients found positive today. Till now, a total of 26 patients have recovered/discharged. 104 tests found negative today.
Delhi Drug Trader Association complains of shortage of staff
Gujarat: Eight new coronavirus cases found; number rises to 55
With 13 staffers, their families infected, Noida firm booked for hiding info on foreign auditor
An FIR was registered against a private company whose staffers, including a foreigner who visited the firm recently, are suspected to have infected 13 people with coronavirus in Noida and Greater Noida, officials said on Saturday.
The FIR has been registered under the Uttar Pradesh Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897, on the basic of a complaint by Gautam Buddh Nagar Chief Medical Officer Aurag Bhargava, the officials said.
As on Saturday evening, Gautam Buddh Nagar has recorded 26 coronavirus positive cases, including 13 people whose contact of infection could be traced to the Cease Fire company, the Health Department said in a statement.
Russia closes borders to slow coronavirus spread
Russia is fully closing its borders from Monday to stop the spread of the coronavirus, the government said on Saturday.
Russia will "temporarily restrict traffic" across national borders to prevent new cases, said a decree published on the government website, which listed exceptions including diplomats. (
Death toll from the coronavirus outbreak in Britain has risen to 1,019 up from 759 the day before, according to government figures released Saturday, reports AFP
Any police official who dies while on duty during the lockdown over the coronavirus outbreak, an ex- gratia of Rs. 25 lakhs will be given to their families: Gujarat Chief Minister, Vijay Rupani.
Delhi Police sets up 24-hour helpline number 01123469526 to resolve issues related to lockdown due to Coronavirus. Total number of calls received on the helpline number till date is 3796.
A 25-year-old male from West Mambalam, Chennai has tested positive. The patient is undergoing treatment in isolation at a private hospital. His condition is stable: Dr C Vijayabaskar, Tamil Nadu Health Minister
76 cases confirmed in Karnataka:
Jyotiraditya Scindia on Saturday announced a Rs 30 lakh donation to the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister's Relief Fund to fight the outbreak.
Working to implement rigorous contact-tracing, containment strategies: Health Minister
- The Union Health Ministry on Saturday said it is focusing on high disease-burden hotspots and working in tandem with states to implement rigorous contact-tracing, community surveillance and containment strategies as the number of novel coronavirus cases crossed the 900-mark in the country.
- Joint secretary in the ministry Lav Agarwal said 149 new COVID-19 cases, including two deaths, have been reported since Friday.
- Combined efforts are on to ensure 100 per cent lockdown and that social distancing gets implemented, he said at a press briefing on the current COVID-19 situation in India.
Madhya Pradesh: 2, including BSF officer, test positive, state count at 35
- A Border Security Force (BSF) officer in Gwalior and a man in Ujjain tested positive for the novel coronavirus on Saturday, taking the number of COVID-19 patients in Madhya Pradesh to 35, health officials said.
- The 57-year-old BSF officer is posted in the force's academy in Tekanpur and his wife had recently returned from abroad, an official said.
- "His family has been quarantined. Contact tracing is underway," said Gwalior Coronavirus Nodal Officer Dr Mahendra Kumar Piprolia.
- In Ujjain, the relative of a woman who died of the virus infection has tested positive, officials said.
There will be relaxation in lockdown in Uttarakhand for 13 hours on 31st March from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm, for the movement of buses within the state, to let stranded people move to their hometowns and villages
- Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat
Maharashtra Government has decided to include treatment for Coronavirus under its health care scheme Mahatma Phule Jan Arogya Yojna from April 1.
Telangana: First death due to COVID-19 recorded in the state today. 6 persons have tested positive today; taking the total number of positive cases in the state to 65.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has today made one-to-one calls with CMDs of all public sector banks.
The FM asked CMDs to make sure there was adequate liquidity at the branch, ATM and banking correspondent level. She also held calls with the representatives of private sector banks and requested them to ensure uninterrupted banking services are provided across the country while maintaining social distancing norms.
IAS Association to contribute Rs. 21 lakhs to the PM-CARES Fund
21-year-old man who had returned from UK tests positive for coronavirus in Chhattisgarh, number of cases in state now seven
Rajasthan: Four new positive cases of coronavirus including two staffers from Bangar Hospital, in Bhilwara, have been reported in the state on Saturday.
RPF personnel to make 2,000 facial masks for needy people in Mumbai
- The Railway Protection Force (RPF) unit of Kalyan is engaged in stitching around 2000 facial masks for not only for its staff members but also for other people who are in need, said an official statement on Saturday.
- "RPF unit of Kalyan is engaged in stitching around 2000 masks with a team of RPF personnel ensuring a daily supply of facial masks to not only RPF staffs engaged in duties out at railway stations, yards, workshops and production units but also to other needy persons," Central Railway said in a statement.
- RPF Mumbai has provided food to needy people during coronavirus lockdown.
551 booked for violating prohibitory orders in Muzaffarnagar
- Police have booked 551 people for violation of prohibitory orders in Uttar Pradesh's Muzaffarnagar district, an official said on Saturday.
- Those booked were found wandering amid the lockdown imposed to check the spread of coronavirus, said Muzaffarnagar SSP Abhishek Yadav.
- Meanwhile, 855 vehicle owners were fined and 485 vehicle seized, the officer said.
- The SSP appealed to people to stay indoors during the lockdown.
Tamil Nadu reports one more coronavirus positive case, numbers rise to 41
Our government will start online counselling for those in home quarantine. Some people develop stress and such people can be given counselling online
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan
Surgilife Medical Devices Pvt Ltd manufactures PPKs
Total 165 COVID-19 cases are under treatment; Rapid tests to be conducted to understand whether there is any community spread
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan
Uttar Pradesh cases rise to 55, affecting 13 out of 75 districts. Out of 55, 14 are cured and released. 41 patients being treated are stable : UP Health secretary Amit Mohan Prasad
Britain's Secretary of State for Scotland Alister Jack has developed mild symptoms consistent with coronavirus and is self-isolating, a spokeswoman for his ministry said on Saturday.
85-year-old doctor who died in Mumbai on Friday confirmed as coronavirus patient; death toll in Maharashtra now six