!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Wrap up: All you need to know about the pandemic
- Delhi reported 1,359 new cases, taking the grim total to 25,000+
- Maharashtra reported 123 deaths, highest spike in a day, taking the toll to 2,710.
- Health Ministry issued SOP for the opening up of some sectors as a part of Unlock 1 from June 8.
- PM Modi pledged USD 15 million to global vaccines alliance.
- India blacklisted 2,550 foreign Tablighi Jamaat members, who wont be allowed entry for 10 years
Chhattisgarh reports 93 new cases
- Total number of cases reach 773, with 2 deaths.
Hospitals in Delhi that can provide service to EWS category at a concessional rate
Jharkhand reports 46 new cases
- Total number of cases are now 827.
- Death toll stands at 6.
Assam reports 243 new cases
- Total number of cases reach 2,073.
Delhi reports 1,359 new cases
- Total number of cases are now 25,004.
- Death toll stands at 650.
"Coronavirus spread in Canada is slowing"
- The spread of COVID-19 in Canada has slowed and 90% of the cases in the past two weeks have been in the provinces of Ontario and Quebec, the Public Health Agency said on Thursday.
- The death toll from the coronavirus epidemic, which was 7,543 on Thursday, will rise to between 7,700 and 9,400 by June 15, the most recent federal modeling showed.
- The total number of cases by June 15 was projected to be between 97,990 and 107,454, the agency said. Total cases on Thursday were 93,441.
Telangana reports 127 new cases
- Total number of cases in the state are now 3147.
- The state has suffered 105 Covid deaths.
Himachal Pradesh cases reach 383, with 175 recovered.
Goa reports 40 new cases
- Total number of cases reach 166.
Rail Bhavan reports two more cases
- The Rail Bhavan on Thursday reported two more coronavirus cases, taking the tally of those infected at the railway headquarters to 11, officials said.
- The two cases were reported in less than 24 hours, they said.
- The Rail Bhavan has already been sealed twice last month.
Haryana reports 327 new cases
- Total number of cases are now 3,281, with 24 deaths.
Gujarat reports 492 new cases
- The state tally has reached 18,601.
- Gujarat also reported 33 deaths, taking the grim total to 1,155.
Rajasthan reports 210 new cases
- Total number of cases now 9,862.
J&K reports 285 new cases
MP reports 174 new cases
- The state total is now 8,762.
- MP's death toll also increased by 6, taking the number of 377.
SOP for opening of restaurants
SOP for opening of workplaces
SOP for opening of places of worship
PM Modi pledges USD 15 million to global vaccines alliance
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday pledged USD 15-million as India's contribution to the vaccines alliance GAVI at the Global Vaccine Summit hosted by the UK.
- The summit, held virtually given the coronavirus pandemic lockdown around the world, was opened by British Prime Minister Boris Johnson to urge nations around the world to pledge funding for vaccinations to save millions of lives and protect the world from future outbreaks of infectious diseases.
- Addressing the summit, Prime Minister Modi said, “Our support to Gavi is not only financial. India's huge demand brings down the global price of vaccines.”
Mumbai reports 1,442 new cases
- Total number of cases reach 44,704.
- The death toll in the city spiked by 48, taking the total to 1,456.
Manipur reports 3 new cases
Parliament limits contact
- Entry of Personal Assistants of members of the Parliament has been restricted till further orders.
- Retired officials and personal guests/visitors of the officials below the rank of joint secretary will not be permitted inside the Parliament House Complex.
Maharashtra reports 2,933 new cases
- The state's case tally reached 77,793.
- Maharashtra also reported 123 deaths, highest spike in a day, taking the toll to 2,710.
West Bengal reduces night curfew
- The state government issues order reducing night curfew during lockdown to eight hours, from 9 pm to 5 am, with effect from June 4.
- Earlier, night curfew was for 12 hours, from 7 pm to 7 am.
Chennai airport personnel tests positive
- Airport Authority of India says its operational office at Chennai airport will remain closed from tomorrow till June 7 for sanitization as two employees at the office have been tested positive for COVID-19.
Rising COVID-19 cases, high positivity rates & low testing levels in many Delhi districts are worrisome. High rate of infections among healthcare workers indicates poor prevention practices & needs to be attended to on priority.
- Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan
Punjab reports 39 new cases
- Total case count reached 2,415.
Britain says nearly 30,000 tests sent to U.S. lab came back void
- Nearly 30,000 COVID-19 tests which Britain sent to a U.S. lab for processing came back void, Prime Minister Boris Johnson's spokesman said on Thursday, adding to a mounting pile of questions over the UK's testing regime.
- The admission comes in a week where the government has faced criticism by a statistics watchdog over incomplete test data, pressure over turnaround times for test results and teething issues with a new test and trace programme.
Karnataka reports 257 new cases
- Total case count reach 4,320.
- The state also reported 4 deaths, taking the tally to 57.
Tamil Nadu reports 1,373 new cases
- Total cases reach 27,256.
- The state also reported 12 new deaths, taking the tally to 220.
Kerala reports 94 new cases
- The state also reported 3 new deaths.
- Total case count reached 884.
Delhi govt says entire focus is on saving lives
- The Delhi government's entire focus is on saving people's lives and ensuring adequate facilities for COVID-19 patients who need hospital care, without getting entangled in data or any competition with other states, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said on Thursday.
- He said private hospitals that have been asked by the government to reserve 20 per cent beds for coronavirus patients will be converted into dedicated COVID-19 facilities if they fail to comply with the order by Friday.
- Earlier, the Delhi government had asked 61 private hospitals to reserve 20 per cent beds for COVID-19 patients.
UN chief backs global access to 'people's vaccine' for coronavirus
With 367 fresh infections, UP's coronavirus cases cross 9,000 mark; death toll at 245
- The total number of COVID-19 cases went up to 9,237, principal secretary of health Amit Mohan Prasad said.
- Recovered and discharged from hospitals stood at 5,439, while 245 people died due to the virus.
- The number of active cases was 3,553.
Former Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis writes to CM Uddhav Thackeray:
Act against those not wearing masks: Delhi LG to DMs
HCQ may not prevent COVID-19 illness if exposed to coronavirus: Study
The malaria drug hydroxychloroquine may not prevent COVID-19 illness or stop novel coronavirus infection when used as preventive medicine within four days after exposure to the virus, according to a study.
Robot to safely swab for coronavirus developed by scientists in Denmark
Inquiry initiated against 8 Delhi labs for taking samples against ICMR protocol
- An inquiry has been initiated against eight coronavirus-testing labs in Delhi.
- Chief district medical officers have asked for the suspension of all phlebotomists of these labs.
- Moreover, no samples are to be sent to these labs for testing with effect from today.
China will promote resumption of tourism, culture and sports
Singapore to reimpose strict measures if resurgence of COVID-19 cases during reopening: Minister
Bihar District education officers asked to submit report by June 6 regarding re-opening of schools
Inovio partners with non-profit organization to begin COVID-19 vaccine trial
Spain to reopen land borders with France & Portugal on June 22.
Himachal Pradesh government succeeded in preventing community spread of coronavirus: CM
- This was done by ensuring institutional quarantine for returnees to the state.
- There was only one active case during the first week of May which has now risen to 206.
- The state government spent Rs 4 crores for bringing back 51,015 stranded Himachalis to the state.
Two die of COVID in Uttarakhand as infection count rises to 1,145
- Till now, 10 infection patients have died in the state.
- The fresh deaths were reported from AIIMS, Rishikesh.
- According to the bulletin, Dehradun reported the maximum 35 cases.
- This is followed by 10 cases each in Nainital and Tehri; 4 in Pauri; and 1 in Uttarkashi.
- Most cases have a travel history to Mumbai.
Israel's parliament meetings cancelled after lawmaker gets coronavirus
France cancels 2020 Bastille Day parade over coronavirus
In last 24 hours, one police personnel tested positive for COVID-19 and one personnel succumbed to the infection. Total number of police personnel who have tested positive for the virus has reached 2,557; death toll stands at 30.
- Maharashtra Police
India's palm oil imports in May plunged 53% from a year ago to 387,006 tonnes as a nationwide lockdown to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus squeezed demand from hotels and restaurants.
- Solvent Extractors Association of India
India's edible oil imports in May lowest since 2011: SEA
India's imports of edible oil fell by 40 per cent to 7.07 lakh tonnes in May, lowest in the month since 2011.
According to SEA, imports fell due to sluggish demand from bulk users like hotels and restaurants.
India, world's leading vegetable oil buyer, had imported 11.80 lakh tonnes of edible oil in May 2019.
No lockdown in Goa port town after 47 test Covid positive in 1 day: CM
- CM Pramod Sawant ruled out the lockdown of South Goa's Vasco town and MPT facility.
- Sawant also said that the decision not to impose a lockdown in the major town.
32 doctors test positive for COVID-19 in Osmania Medical College affiliated hospitals
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital doesn't give test reports on time. 70% of people are dying within 24 hours of reaching the hospital as their test reports come in 5-7 days. This is absolutely wrong, reports should come within 24 hours.
- Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain
Recently, RML Hospital tested 94% samples as positive in a day, on retesting we found 45% of these to be negative. I have asked the Union Health Minister to fix this casual approach.
- Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain
Maharashtra: Two COVID-19 deaths; 63 fresh cases recorded in Nashik
Philippines reports 10 new coronavirus deaths, 634 more cases
- The Philippine health ministry on Thursday confirmed 10 more deaths from the coronavirus and 634 new infections.
- Total deaths have increased to 984 while confirmed cases have reached 20,382, of which 4,248 have recovered
Chhattisgarh: 179 migrants who were stranded in Bengaluru, Karnataka were brought to Raipur today after alumni of National Law School of India University, Bengaluru & NALSAR University of Law arranged their flight tickets.
Andhra Pradesh on Thursday reported 98 new Covid positive cases, taking the total to 3,377. The state suffered 71 Covid deaths so far, while it saw 2,273 persons cured and discharged.