NEW DELHI: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday said the government's own advisers had now admitted that the country's economy was in a "deep mess" and asked the Centre to remonetise it by putting money in the hands of "the needy and not the greedy". He also said the Congress had been cautioning about the state of the economy for long.
"Government's own economic advisors have finally acknowledged what we cautioned for long - India's economy is in a deep mess. Now, accept our solution and remonetise the economy, by putting money back in the hands of the needy and not the greedy," Gandhi wrote on Twitter.
- Rahul Gandhi's objections to draft EIA 'unnecessary and premature', says Javadekar
- Rahul Gandhi slams government over ASHA health workers' strike
- Reserve Bank of India reveals nation's mood: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi, Bihar Congress Chief mum on missed alliance deadline
- Lord Ram ultimate embodiment of supreme human values: Rahul Gandhi
- People's trust and confidence in economy have evaporated, tweets Rahul Gandhi
13 Comments on this Story
Harish 355 days ago
FM needs to immediately reduce income tax to 15% for all as per the Direct Tax Code to revive the economy.
Nageswara Rao S355 days ago
we have to ask who drafted these words?>
Rajendra Naidu355 days ago
He should have waited for a while and then commented. He should have listened to the FM''s slew of measures announced to kick start the slowing economy. The officials are of the entire Country and one cannot say their own officers,etc. However, the learned Gentleman will never understand the same. Even his Party men are now saying everything good or bad cannot be critised.