Kapil Dev led the Indian team to its first ever cricketing world cup in 1983.
The 61-year-old former all rounder was taken to a hospital on Thursday after he felt unwell, PTI quoted Indian Cricketers Association (ICA) President Ashok Malhotra as saying.
"He is feeling okay now. I just spoke to his wife (Romi). He was feeling uneasy yesterday. He is undergoing check-ups at a hospital as we speak," Malhotra, who was also a former Test player, said.
Fans took to social media to wish the cricketing legend a speedy recovery.
Read More News on
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- When Kapil Dev's 3 fundamental principles inspired Harmonizer India CEO
- Fit and healthy Kapil Dev "happy" to be playing golf with friends
- Kapil Dev undergoes angioplasty after complaining of chest pain
- Kapil Dev invests undisclosed sum in tech company Harmonizer India
- Kapil Dev Tripathi appointed Secretary to President Kovind
- A couple of ideas for that lockdown look, inspired by Sachin Tendulkar and Kapil Dev