“The first announcements from the PM will be on September 10 in the form of projects in agriculture, fisheries and the animal husbandry sector. Tentatively, this will be followed by announcements on September 13 for the petroleum sector; on September 15 for housing and Urban Affairs; on September 18 for railway projects including inaugurating the landmark Kosi Bridge in north Bihar; and on September 23 for road and highways projects,” Modi said. “PM, CM Nitish Kumar and I will be present in these launches with union ministers through video conference and nearly all districts will be covered with locals joining in on video link.”
Asenior central government official said the theme of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ and ‘Atmanirbhar Bihar’ will be central to these announcements. This also implies that the BJP is anticipating the announcement of the model code of conduct by the Election Commission (EC) after September 23 and perhaps a shorter election process in around three phases of polling. In 2015, the EC had announced five-phase polls in Bihar on September 9 and counting was done on November 8.
Read More News on
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- September to be observed as 'Nutrition Month': PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar now has electricity, days of lantern over: Narendra Modi
- India should not weaken its fight against coronavirus: Narendra Modi
- PM Narendra Modi to address 12 rallies in poll-bound Bihar
- Farm reforms will help turn farmers into entrepreneurs: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Head of Afghan peace council Abdullah Abdullah meets PM Narendra Modi
2 Comments on this Story
SkyWalker 44 days ago
Most incompetent and undeserving PM ever
shobit gurung44 days ago
V good EC...u really diluted the sanity of the office.... so let yours masters guide you.. when they say Ok... u announce the Poll dates...