In her statement to the police, the woman alleged that Goruk Pordung - legislator from Bameng constituency- raped her and threatened her of dire consequences if she divulged details of the incident to any person.
Meanwhile, Pordung has denied the allegations and described it as a conspiracy to tarnish his image. He also said it was not the first time he had met the woman.
The MLA has also filed a counter complaint against the woman.
A senior police officers said,“Investigation is on and law will take its own course.”
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
- View: Why is BJP not bristling at what Facebook’s Ankhi Das has to say about BJP leaders and the BJP government?
- BJP attacks Rahul Gandhi over crimes in Rajasthan
- BJP always follows coalition dharma: Bihar’s BJP general secretary Bhupender Yadav
- Akalis snapping ties unfortunate: Punjab BJP leaders
- BJP announces new team of national office-bearers
- Navratri events should not be allowed: Gujarat BJP Chief